• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Btw, Lol! it's not like Rick Warren came out and wrote a thesis called "Chrislam" and said so Ok folks now let's combine christianity with islam.  I believe people coined the term when they observed certain public figures like Warren do what warren calls (questionably)  " bridge building" & what others are concerned is an Interfaith movement, that some have thought is compromising the Gospel and also make some controversial statements like saying "that Christians and Muslims worship the same God." Warren who is a very popular  & influential Pastor has also been criticized for being apart of the Emergent Church.  He has made statements that are not biblically accurate , like on an interview on Hannity  Pastor Rick Warren said,  when Hannity & asked about  hell. 

Rick warren : "To go to hell you've got to do almost the impossible."   Really?? is that what Jesus said??   No the opposite of what Warren said is  what the Bible says.  "Wide is the gate that leads to hell....."  

Matt 7:13 "For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets. 13Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.…

MARK 10: 26-27  "26They were even more astonished and said to one another, “Who then can be saved?” 27Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” 

https://www.holybibleprophecy.org/2012/02/28/rick-warren-acknowledges-christians-and-muslims-worship-same-god-by-elliott-nesch/

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Btw, Lol! it's not like Rick Warren came out and wrote a thesis called "Chrislam" and said so Ok folks now let's combine christianity with islam.  I believe people coined the term when they observed certain public figures like Warren do what warren calls (questionably)  " bridge building" & what others are concerned is an Interfaith movement, that some have thought is compromising the Gospel and also make some controversial statements like saying "that Christians and Muslims worship the same God." Warren who is a very popular  & influential Pastor has also been criticized for being apart of the Emergent Church.  He has made statements that are not biblically accurate , like on an interview on Hannity  Pastor Rick Warren said,  when Hannity & asked about  hell. 

Rick warren : "To go to hell you've got to do almost the impossible."   Really?? is that what Jesus said??   No the opposite of what Warren said is  what the Bible says.  "Wide is the gate that leads to hell....."  

Matt 7:13 "For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets. 13Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.…

MARK 10: 26-27  "26They were even more astonished and said to one another, “Who then can be saved?” 27Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” 

https://www.holybibleprophecy.org/2012/02/28/rick-warren-acknowledges-christians-and-muslims-worship-same-god-by-elliott-nesch/

Again, this is his accusers quoting from a secular newspaper that never even interviewed warren. Your link is one month before the link I posted in which he speaks against the false accusations and that orange county register article. 

Really Christians need to be more discerning about accusations and verify that they are indeed the words from the one being accused. 

If he wrote a thesis on chrislam promoting it, please link to that thesis. I am open to being shown that he indeed endorses islam or chrislam. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

41 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Again, this is his accusers quoting from a secular newspaper that never even interviewed warren. Your link is one month before the link I posted in which he speaks against the false accusations and that orange county register article. 

Really Christians need to be more discerning about accusations and verify that they are indeed the words from the one being accused. 

If he wrote a thesis on chrislam promoting it, please link to that thesis. I am open to being shown that he indeed endorses islam or chrislam. 

He is not going to admit it .   Anymore than Kenneth Copeland would admit things .     Rick warren is not muslim , but he is not christain either .

The man sat under , darn I forget his name .  But rick admits that .    They plant ideas ,   make suggestions ,   well just like the pope .

They plant suggestions that if cornered they can say I did not mean it that way , or others can defend them.

Sister ,  this you should research for youself.  you said you a berean ,  well praise the LORD,  now a berean needs to investigate

this .   Rick , Kenneth, benny hinn, mclarin and scores of others ,  may not teach the same or have the same base.  BUT ONE THING they do

THEY all in league with ROME and this all inclusive religion .   You investgate what many have said ,   investigate what the UN itself has said in times past and now

investigate what many leaders in all faiths now have been sneaking in ,   and you will KNOW their is a one world religion all inclusive move , and many are in on it.

They fleecing they flocks and getting sermoned up on all inclusive speeches , and now its a big UNITY with Rome push and all the while

Rome has been pushing a mindset which will have all religions coming right into agreement .    Its huge sister .   But don't take my word for it , BEREAN , research them.

Prove me wrong ,   or prove me right ,  but lets not just argue .    

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

57 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Prove me wrong ,   or prove me right ,  but lets not just argue .    

I did prove you wrong on that one thing. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/18/2018 at 5:30 PM, Melissa7 said:

This was difficult for me to read. While I'm against the RCC and everything it teaches, at the same time, how could anyone with a heart tell a grieving little boy that his dad is in Hell? It's so sad. Do we lie to children so as to save their tender feelings? If the child was older, I wouldn't have as much of a problem in telling the truth; even though by doing that, one could turn the boy against God.

In any case, if this young man was baptized into the RCC, then he's going to be taught falsely for his entire life.

How would anyone here answer the boy's question? I'm just curious.

I have sometimes thought that though it is wrong to lie, telling the truth to someone who doesnt know the real truth and is hurting enough only causes more harm that good. It can be unnecessarily tactless even when well meant. 

Like last fall when my dad died, my mom who goes to church but I dont believe she is truly saved because she seems willing to go along with what others were telling her that my (unsaved) dad was a 'good' man so yeah he is in heaven. What do you tell a person at such a time?

Sometimes I have thought its better to let them think what they like and when they are stronger, learn the real truth for themselves or gently bring it up with them when they are ready

Guest Butero
21 hours ago, Davida said:

That faith without works is what the RCC preaches. 

That is also what James says in the New Testament in the Bible.  

Guest Butero
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:01 PM, ayin jade said:

His own words ...

QUESTION: Are you promoting Chrislam?

WARREN: Of course not. It's the lie that won't die. No matter how many times we refute it and correct that lie, people keep passing it on as truth. Jesus is the only way to salvation. Period. If I didn't believe that, I'd get into much easier line of work! But I do believe that everybody needs Jesus and I am willing to put up with false statements and misunderstandings in order to get the Gospel out.

I don't like his ministry at all, but you do make an important point, not only when it comes to Rick Warren, but anyone.  You can find articles about a person saying this or that and sometimes they never said it.  We just see the article, and thing it must be true.  I honestly haven't spent a great deal of time trying to expose individual false teachers, going through all their past sermons to try to see errors and reporting it.  There are so many, imagine how much time that would take!  I just know something isn't right about this man's teachings, so I don't listen to it.  Did he bring Islam into his church?  I have no idea.  I wouldn't take his statement as proof he didn't, but I also wouldn't take a single article as proof he did.  

Has anyone looked around on YouTube to see if there is anything showing Rick Warren saying anything about Islam in his own words?  That would be solid proof, if we see enough of what is said before and afterward to know it is in context.  I didn't believe any of the things about Billy Graham until I saw him say them in his own words.  Perhaps we should look for video proof before making a final judgment, but regardless, I still have no interest in listening to his teachings.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

57 minutes ago, Butero said:

I don't like his ministry at all, but you do make an important point, not only when it comes to Rick Warren, but anyone.  You can find articles about a person saying this or that and sometimes they never said it.  We just see the article, and thing it must be true.  I honestly haven't spent a great deal of time trying to expose individual false teachers, going through all their past sermons to try to see errors and reporting it.  There are so many, imagine how much time that would take!  I just know something isn't right about this man's teachings, so I don't listen to it.  Did he bring Islam into his church?  I have no idea.  I would take his statement as proof he didn't, but I also wouldn't take a single article as proof he did.  

Has anyone looked around on YouTube to see if there is anything showing Rick Warren saying anything about Islam in his own words?  That would be solid proof, if we see enough of what is said before and afterward to know it is in context.  I didn't believe any of the things about Billy Graham until I saw him say them in his own words.  Perhaps we should look for video proof before making a final judgment, but regardless, I still have no interest in listening to his teachings.  

What was Billy Graham comments.  Were they about politics or compromise?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 4/19/2018 at 8:02 PM, Goldie said:

Jesus talks through His clergy. Jesus would be caring to such a young soul. He would be compassionate.

Nobody knows for sure How things work out when we die. God is merciful and loving. 

Can you see Jesus putting His loving arms around the little kid and telling him that His dad is rotting in hells fire? Come on! Really?

You're using an invalid argument.

Just because it was wrong of the Pope to tell the young boy that his father was in heaven, does not mean that the only alternative is to tell him that his father is in Hell.  There are many things that the Pope could have said to comfort the boy without lying to him. He could have said for example, that "God is loving and caring and always makes the right decisions" or something like that.

You're basically accusing all those here who disagree with the Pope of believing that the Pope should have said the opposite... when there are many other things that he could have said. This is a straw-man fallacy. Try thinking first before jumping in with your emotions.

And by the way, Pope Francis is a member of the Jesuits, one of the most deceitful and devious of all societies. As a religious order, the Jesuits have been expelled from no less than 83 countries in the last few hundred years because they interfered in the policies of state governments and spread lies and propaganda in their education systems. They were expelled from Brazil in 1754, Portugal in 1759, Russia in 1820, and France in 1880. Pope Clement XIV banned the order in 1773 and was subsequently poisoned by a Jesuit assassin for doing so. The Jesuits were not reinstated until 1814 (by Pope Pius VII).

Francis is a trained liar; in fact all Jesuits are taught that lying is acceptable if it is for the common good (the common good being the supremacy of the Roman Catholic Church). Jesuits also take a secret oath which declares that even murder is acceptable if it protects the Church. The Jesuits are one of the most subversive and evil organisations ever created. They hide behind good deeds, as a cover for their real intentions. Never before in history has there been a Jesuit Pope, until now - Francis is the first. This is highly ominous.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest Butero
10 hours ago, Davida said:

James was not preaching a works based salvation as the RC church does.   James was speaking to Christian Jews, it was a letter to the twelve tribes scattered abroad & living under persecution. James was giving them a sermon teaching that faith must be active and instructing how to live faith out in practical ways while living under difficult circumstances and undergoing trials. James was confronting and encouraging them basically , if you are a believer - live out your faith by being hearers & doers of the word, resisting temptation , expressing humility, brotherly love, and charity etc.  

I was only addressing the comment that faith without works is dead is in the Book of James.  I was not saying James is holding to the same doctrine as the RCC.  The RCC is so full of false doctrine, I wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to standing against it.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/21/2018 at 11:21 PM, Butero said:

I was only addressing the comment that faith without works is dead is in the Book of James.  I was not saying James is holding to the same doctrine as the RCC.  The RCC is so full of false doctrine, I wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to standing against it.  

Not everything is false doctrine 

The believe in the birth of Jesus Christ according to the Gospels.