ayin jade

pope tells boy his atheist dad is in heaven

humanism what a disgusting smell of rot and filth.... 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

The issue of the popedom and it's folly is separate from the pain  a child suffers at the loss of  a family member.

Great care and some mercy for the child's sake is needed, not a recitation of the book of revelation. Confidence that God is sovereign and does not really need any of us to bring the child to salvation is also needed.   There is a time and a place and a season for all things; and there is a wrong time place and season too.

Comfort the children let the child grow hearing the word of God and let the Holy Spirit give the call to repentance to this child once he is accountable, but do not bring such pain to the child that he hates God for it, to the point he will reject the call by the Holy Spirit.

It is similar unkindnesses that kept me from hearing the Holy Spirit for decades. I rejected God  for the unkind spirit of his saints when I was a young child, as I found I would not want to be anything like them in their harshness and self righteous piety.

Plus I have had the very issue in my own family where a very young child lost his close security, his caregiver. It has been a long battle with many downs and a few great ups, and despite  it all  this child is building a relationship with his creator- for God is sovereign of all matters and He hears our prayers.  I need not get ahead of God and force feed His truths. Again there is a time and a place and a season, all known to God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

3 hours ago, Goldie said:

God IS mercy, AND love.

The Pope did the right thing.

Sola Scripture people are stuck solid in the black and white of the Bible. God is all forgiving and loving. God can do what He finds correct.

The jews were going to stone the adulterer because it was 'written'. Jesus changed that by a few words!

I am happy to be a black and white sola scripture person.   God didn't do this.  A mere man and false teacher lied to a child.  Jesus didn't change anything in regard to the woman caught in the act of adultery.  The law stated that at the mouth of two or three witnesses, an adulterer could be put to death.  Certain Jews brought an adulterer to Jesus to see if he would say to stone her.  Their intent wasn't to follow the law, but to bring an accusation against Jesus.  If he said not to, they would accuse him of destroying the law.  If he said stone her, it would get him in trouble with the Roman government.  Jesus told them that the person who had no sin could begin the stoning, but since Jesus is God, he already knew what would happen.  They all walked away.  He never told them to break the law of Moses.  

Once they had walked away, he asked where her accusers were.  Once there were no accusers, the law wouldn't allow her to be put to death.  She said there are no accusers.  He then said to go and sin no more.  There isn't anything in this story that remotely relates to the Pope being a liar, and to a child over a serious matter like what it takes to get saved.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Jesus did not change the word of God. 

The pope told a lie. He said that someone did not need Jesus to be saved. There are ways to answer truthfully without hurting the child.

The pope spoke a false gospel. What does the bible say about that?

That is thing.  There was no reason to lie to the child to spare his feelings.  The Pope didn't have to come right out and say his Father is in hell.  He could have said that only God knows the man's heart at the time of his death, and it is possible he could have gotten right before he died.  He didn't have to say an unbeliever goes to heaven.  I don't know how any Bible-believing Christian defends what the Pope did.  I can understand a member of the RCC trying to defend their Pope, but not people that claim to be evangelical Christians.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

The pope is a Jesuit. They make up their own rules. If it advances the cause of the papacy they will convince anyone of anything.

• Thumbs Up 4

The pope's defenders here use all-or-nothing logic. They say the pope had to choose between "happy in heaven" or "burning in hell" and there was no in between. This is a false dichotomy. Unbelievers tell children every day that some dead relative isn't in heaven. Many atheists out there hold to their convictions stronger than many Christians, and they hold to atheist teaching even during funerals.

We've offered many answers the pope could have given, and his defenders keep ignoring them. They are not here to defend his sensitivity; they are here to defend the false answer. It's one thing to say you can't judge, you don't know, or you're hoping for the best. It is quite another to say an atheist is in heaven because he was a good man.

Because he was a good man. Let that sink in. Not because Jesus may have spared him. Not because he may have encountered God. Because raising a good child was enough to make him a good man, and that's the qualification for heaven. Let's remember, this is the same pope who interviewed with an atheist reporter last month and basically said the same thing. How many times does this have to happen before people get it through their heads that it's what the pope really thinks??

People say the child will one day grow up to know better. If he grows up Catholic, he'll grow up being told how the pope is in charge and the pope knows best, and he'll remember that personal word from the pope for his whole life. And what, you really think he will turn 18 or so and then make the painful, agonizing choice to say the pope lied and his father might not have made it? That's a pretty big stretch.

Once this becomes more mainstream "Christian" teaching, good luck telling any unbeliever they need Jesus to make it to heaven. Why should they believe you when the pope says otherwise?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

The pope is a liar pure and simple..  I am glad my Rock is the Word of God and not the word of that deceiver..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)

The modern Catholic church, despite her attempts to convince protestants otherwise still adheres to the council of Trent. That council affirmed that only through  papal approval can anyone go to heaven. They hold the keys right? So if the pope says some atheist is in heaven, I guess it's because the pope used his authority to override the entire Bible and the government of God and sent that boy's father there cos that's the kind of good guy the pope is.

Edited by brakelite
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Goldie said:

Jesus is God. Compassion and mercy. That boy heard from Jesus. 

People should not put God into a box. God is loving and full of compassion.

The thing is Goldie,   we aint the ones putting GOD in  a box.    We the ones telling of THE GOD WHOSE WORD BECAME FLESH and THAT SAVOIR

JESUS ,   he never left a inkling of doubt that HE alone is the ONLY one who can save.  

HIS WORDS,   go ye into all the world ,  preach the gospel , those who believe are saved , those who reject are damned.  

Don't put GOD in a box theology , sure seems to have taken GOD out of HIS OWN sayings and made HIM SO LARGE and loving , that their version CONTRADICTS

the biblical version of GOD.    They make him so BIG their version has him saying and doing things that contradict HIMSELF , HIS NATURE .    And folks

that is scary,   cause their is one who would try and get us to worship a god that denies THE GOD .   and we all know who that one is .   SO lets flee this GOD In a box hoax.

and return to the GOD in the bible TRUTH.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

humanism what a disgusting smell of rot and filth.... 

Have to agree .     How to say this ,   well lets just say this smell resembles  what comes out of the south end of  northbound mule.    

And I think we all smart enough to know what that is .     SNIFF , SNIFF,    ooops