Sign in to follow this  
Heart2Soul

Today I am thankful for......

This morning in our prayer time my husband remembered the old hymn "Count your blessings, name them one by one".  It would take me a while.  His mercies are new every morning, and the most wonderful thing is that He saved us and forgives us.  Yes, we are so truly grateful to you Lord. :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 2

1 minute ago, SisterActs2 said:

This morning in our prayer time my husband remembered the old hymn "Count your blessings, name them one by one".  It would take me a while.  His mercies are new every morning, and the most wonderful thing is that He saved us and forgives us.  Yes, we are so truly grateful to you Lord. :laugh:

I love that song! Thank you Lord for you abundant Mercy and Grace towards us each day!

• Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Ditto, SisterActs2, exactly.  It would take many lifetimes to count all my blessings for which I am surely thankful.  The first ones that come to mind are salvation, love, my wife, my daughter, family, friends, my job and computer.  There are boundless blessings to be thankful for associated with all those blessings.  I am also grateful for this site, Christian fellowship found here, at my church and at events in my city.  Today I am especially thankful for it being Thursday, the end of my work week, TGIT, hallelujah!  God richly bless you and make you aware of His gifts all around you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

I love this topic!! 

Today I’m thankful for God keeping me calm. For the strength I find in Him. I’m thankful for His word and the encouragement inside it. I’m super thankful for the people God has placed in my life to love and support me. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

24 minutes ago, GregoryB said:

Ditto, SisterActs2, exactly.  It would take many lifetimes to count all my blessings for which I am surely thankful.  The first ones that come to mind are salvation, love, my wife, my daughter, family, friends, my job and computer.  There are boundless blessings to be thankful for associated with all those blessings.  I am also grateful for this site, Christian fellowship found here, at my church and at events in my city.  Today I am especially thankful for it being Thursday, the end of my work week, TGIT, hallelujah!  God richly bless you and make you aware of His gifts all around you.

Thank you GregoryB, brother.  My first thought when reading your post was "how lovely".  I am also so grateful for all our brothers and sisters on this site, which you and I are so glad to have found.  Praise our wonderful God!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

Today I am thankful for His Truth that sets me free......free from condemnation, free from the curse of sin and death, free from walking in error, free from wrong thinking!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

Like the rest of you, I am thankful for so many things, too numerous to count!  Some of the ones that come to mind right now are my husband.  I know some that long to have a spouse.  It's a blessing to have somebody love you and care for you, but that also loves the Lord.    I am thankful for my eyes, as some can't see.  I am thankful for my ears to hear.  I've met 2 people on Worthy that are deaf, and they've shared the challenges they face with that.  I'm thankful to have Worthy and my friends here that I can fellowship with even when I'm having health challenges that prevent me from leaving my home.  I'm thankful that the Lord gives me ministry to do, and a purpose.  I am grateful that God never turns His back on me!  Have a blessed day all!  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

I'm thankful for a peaceful night as I write this.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

Today I am thankful for the people God has brought into my life through Worthy and another forum.....BIG Change!....having the right fellowship of believers is key to strengthening my walk with Him....AMEN!...Hugs to all my brothers and sisters in Christ!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

I am thankful for another day God has given to me, and that my 88 year old mother is still with me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Behold
      Lets define "legalism" as defined by Paul, as Webster is not using the NT as context.
      "Legalism" is Galatians 1:8  ""there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. [8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let them be accursed. """"
      Notice that Legalism, taught or preached, "perverts" the Gospel.  It subverts the Blood Atonement.  It actually attacks the Cross, by denying Jesus full credit do for saving you and keeping you saved.  It offends God, and that is why he curses the person and the message.
      Legalism, is the teaching that "faith + works" is what saves you and keeps you saved.   And this "gospel" is a perversion of the truth.  Its actually a denial of the Lord's words..spoken from the Cross = "it is Finished"....meaning The Blood Atonement.....Salvation.
      Let me explain it more clearly....
      This verse is referring to a person (Legalist) who is preaching a gospel that is a blend of Jesus, the Cross, and their Works. (commandment keeping, enduring to the end, holding onto their faith.....etc, etc, etc.)
      Legalism, a Legalist, will give lip service, = a false presentation of the Gospel.
      And the way they always do it, is by adding 10 commandment keeping, and lifestyle, as a PART of the Blood Atonement.
      In other words, the Legalist, who is usually not actually born again, but is very apt at speaking "christianese", and uses bible verses, and goes to different Christian fourms to annoy and create chaos......will always defend the LAW and 10 Commandments as "necessary" to be saved, instead of giving FULL CREDIT DUE, to the One who died on the Cross, who HIMSELF is Grace and Salvation.

Here is how you spot a lying legalist on a Christian forum.
      Its so easy.
      THis is how they "sound".

"Yes, i know that Christ is the savior......BUT".

"yes, i know that Jesus saves......BUT"

See that "but"? That is the sign of the Legalist.
      They can never EVER agree that Jesus and the Blood of Christ is all that God accepts to save you and keep you saved.
      They can't agree with this, because they do not believe it.

A Legalist, will always, add WORKS, 10 commandments", TO THE CROSS, and then they will all add LIFESTYLE, as well.., as this is how they are "working out their own salvation".
      The gospel of the legalist, is "faith + works".
      The Gospel of God is "The Cross".

See their problem?
      Its a BIG One.

A legalist sounds like this when they teach or preach....>."""now we know that Jesus saves, but, you ALSO have to ..........1. 2. ....3. 4.. 40.....do all this""

See all that?
      THAT IS Galatians 1:8
      THat is "cursed of GOD" theology and PERSON, because it is adding to the Cross, self righteous works, and this denies The Lord His full credit due, for Salvation.
      This offends God, who is Jesus on the Cross, and that is why there is a literal CURSE on anyone who teaches or preaches that ... "The Cross + Works, commandments, lifestyle" is the Gospel.....is Salvation.

How do YOU discover if you have fallen from Grace, and you are become a legalist. ??
      Very simple.
      You just answer this simple question.
      Q.) Do you believe that Jesus Christ keeps you saved?

I didnt ask you if He saved you.
      I asked you if you believe that He KEEPS You saved?

A Legalist is not being honest if they say yes, because a legalist believes that enduring to the end, keeping your faith, living a holy life, keeping the law and the 10 commandments, is what is keeping THEM saved., so that is why they preach this cursed of God gospel to others.
      So, be careful reader, as a legalist has deceived themselves, so, that is what they will also offer you.

B
    • By Behold
      When Calvin wasn't trying to get more people burned at the Stake, he also created theologically backwards ideas like : YOU  have no choice about your Salvation....God chose you, and that settles that.
      So, lets look at this one point of his 5 point "salvation theory" system.... and then compare it to the Grace of GOD, which is OSAS.
      Now,  to believe this, you have to pretend that Free Will, is not in fact, real.
      And here is the thing....
      God is JUST....which means, regarding heaven and hell, and people going there....He would not be JUST, if He denied you the freewill to end up in >either place<.
      Heaven is a choice. Hell is a choice.. A person, who is breathing, while still an unbeliever.. makes the choice to trust Christ or reject Christ, (Hebrews Ch 4 and 10, Unsaved Hebrews) and GOD accepts their choice now and in eternity, and they get to experience the fruit of their choice, just as soon as they DIE.
      A Person who ends up in Hell, chose to go there. A person who ends up in Heaven, chose to go there.
      Jesus is THE WAY.... John 14:6 And if you receive Him as the WAY, you go to heaven, and if you reject Him as the ONLY Way, you go to Hell, and then later, the Lake of Fire.
      And this is not a myth.
      Its a FACT and this is a situation that every person reading this and everyone in the entire world, living-breathing... or yet to be born, is going to have to face, unless they die as a baby or a very very young child.

Think of it like this. Lets say, as some heretics teach, that God decides you are one of the unlucky ones who is born to go to hell.
      That God chose you, to go to hell.
      How can that be JUST ? How could that be right? How could it possibly be that...."God is Love", if He is choosing some for the lake fo fire, just because they were born, and they have no part in the decision.
      That's the theology of judging God as evil, and its theological insanity to do it, and to teach it... but it is taught and it is believed.
      There are actually people on this Forum, and on all Christian Forums, that have been taught that some people are born to go to hell, and that God chooses them to go.
      I know the scriptures they twist to try to prove this Satanic theology, and i won't be quoting them here.
      No worries.
      So that theology is demonic, but, what is worse is that this doctrine is absolutely creating the Idea of God, as way beyond the evil of Hitler...... and in fact, its painting God as black as the Devil's heart, but worse, Because, its people pretending they are CHRISTIANS who are vilifying God this way.

So, a JUST God, would never behave like this, and in fact....... Father God is a completely Just God.
      GOD, the Father of Jesus, is so Just, that He allowed the killing of a Sinless Son, to allow for the recreation of the SINNER, into the SINLESS. This is how salvation actually works.
      God takes the sinlessness of Christ and exchanges it for our Sin, and we end up as righteous as Christ, and Jesus ends up as "became sin" on the Cross and DIES FOR OUR SIN.
      Reader, the Cross is a SWAP.....Its where God's righteous Son gives us His Righteousness, and He takes all our sin....our entire lifetime of it, and dies for it ALL.
      = Salvation.
      = OSAS.

And being saved, works exactly the same...regarding God's Justice.. God does not choose some for Heaven, as that is actually the same as choosing some for hell. Its the same thing.
      That is not how "freewill", "justification by faith", and "Christ in you the hope of Glory". works.
      God is not going to tell you....in John 3:16 that he'll accept "whosoever", and in another verse. "ALL that believe on Jesus, shall be saved", or "as MANY as will believe"...... God is not going to offer Salvation to any and all, worldwide and universe deep, then choose some for Hell.
      Yet, there are preachers that preach this message, and their Church is full of people that shout "AMEN" when he speaks about God choosing some for the Lake of Fire.
      And some of these people, are on this Forum.

Salvation is a Free gift. We dont earn it, and God does not force it on anyone, nor does He take it away after we are born again.
      A born again person, is IN CHRIST....and Christ "in you = hope of HEAVEN, (glory)"".
      So, when you are dead, you will end up wherever Christ is, and that wont be Hell or the Lake of Fire.
      The Born again are in Him and He is IN Us, """SEALED unto the day of redemption""", and so, we have to end up where Jesus ends up, as we are IN HIM......IN HIM.....IN HIM.
      We go where He goes, where He IS, after we die, or are Raptured.
      Final Answer, is...Salvation is not a temporary situation. This is why The one who SAVES, and KEEPS YOU SAVED, said from the Cross that .. Philippians 1:6. "IT (Salvation) is FINISHED".
      We dont finish it., we dont keep ourselves saved.
      Christ said "it is FINISHED"""< and when we are saved, born again, our salvation is FINISHED.
      Philippians 1:6
      OSAS.

So, once again, remember that OSAS, only means that Salvation is God saving you, through Faith, when you believe on Christ, and then you become born again, and this can never cease to be your ETERNAL reality, because God Himself has saved you with the Blood of Jesus, and this HOLY Blood's power to redeem, redeems you for all eternity. "IT IS FINISHED". = SALVATION.
      The Blood that was shed on the Cross is GOD's BLOOD, and that is why it has the Power to keep you saved, and not just start your salvation.
      That is OSAS.
      ITs that simple.

And no one who simply believes and accepts by FAITH the finished work of JESUS ON the Cross, who would explain it as OSAS...... has ever taught or will ever teach, that because we are always kept saved by God's grace, (BLOOD OF JESUS).. then we can then sin all we like and enjoy it. And you hear this on Forums like this one....These liars lying about OSAS, using the term "license to sin"....
      Its a lie, (reader).... Reader.....don't believe it.

You've noticed that in the last 10 days, i've just basically written a BOOK about Legalism and Legalist here on this Forum, within many Threads, and never have I or would i ever say or teach that ... because the Blood of Jesus saved you and keeps you saved...that you can go out and live in sin and enjoy it.
      Not quite.
      Paul said if you do this, and you won't stop, you will die. Romans 8:13
      So that is the end result of living in sin, after you are saved.
      It'll finally cost you your earthly life, but before it does, it'll destroy your life, first.
      You'll lose everything except your Salvation, if you live in sin, after you are born again.
      You'll lose your witness, your money, your family, your friends, finally your health, and then you'll die.
      THATS the result of "living in sin" as a born again believer in Yeshua.

But no... it won't cost you your Salvation, as you don't control that part.
      That part is controlled by the one who " FINISHED IT"< on the Cross, and has created a believer as born again.
      Born again, this status of a "New creation in Christ", a born again SPIRIT< living inside the corrupt body, is an eternal situation.
      Hyper-Religious - Self Righteous- Legalists...... flip out when they are told this, because they believe in themselves to stay saved by works...., and so, that is why they can't allow God the Savior to keep them saved if they are..... "bad".
      But that is exactly what He has already done. He has already taken your LIFETIME OF BAD, and sent Jesus to the Cross to pay for it all so that YOU don't have to pay for it, in ETERNITY.
      = Salvation.
      = Grace.
      = OSAS

What actually happens to a Legalist, who is saved .... who USE TO BE a Legalist, but has seen the Light of the Cross and now trusts in Christ alone to keep them saved......This person is freed from the impossible burden of trying to keep themselves saved, and they find that this frees them to actually live a more holy life then they were trying to live as a legalist.
      As now they are committing to their "be holy as God is holy" lifestyle that God EXPECTS, = = EMPOWERED by God's GRACE, instead of by their FLESH.

Flesh fails, Grace doesn't.

A Legalist, who has come to see the Light of Grace in the Face of Jesus, = the finished blood atonement, finds that living for the Lord becomes empowered by Grace, which allows you more self control then they ever had when they were trying to work to stay saved, and were always failing and confessing, failing and confessing............ always feeling condemned, always feeling guilty.........>.
      Grace, OSAS,..... once you come to realize this truth that God who saved you, will KEEP YOU SAVED, HIMSELF.  Philippians 1:6. .....then (Grace understood) will empower you to live the Holy Life.
      That's the effect of the Grace of God, as its the Power of Christ's Blood having this empowering effect on you, simply because you understand it properly.
      Understand....."revelation" "seeing the Light" is not just comprehension of theological data, but it is in fact, LIFE POWER from GOD which empowers you to be what God wants you to be.
      "God's Grace"
      OSAS.
    • By JesusAngelPD777
      Shalom dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, Yes we are Christian and yes we hold on to faith, promises and keep hope even during trial and tough times right?

But we can't ignore the fact that some battles are harder than we thought nor negate the fact that some victories are taking much longer to happen then we would want to admit, in all reality we are mere humans and at times our faith is stretched to its limit which we only realize once our limit has been reached.

We pray, fast, wait,serve ,worship and praise but the key to be joyful in the midst of these storms is Praise.

Why?
      Well ,Cleary in Genesis and throughout the Bible God talks about wanting his creatures to glorify him therefore ,praise is the highest glorification he can be given which is why it is the key.

I have learned that music can be a good way to get in the mood, finding spiritual music that speak to our feelings sets us in the right atmosphere to praise.
      Singing and dancing brings happiness ,relief and joy.
      Its easy to praise God when we are in our winning season but it is harder in our "I hit my limit" season but this is the most powerful praise as it requires true reverence and submission to undertake yet, it is also the most effective and speed releasing process.

In Luke 18, God talks about the persistent widow and states that if we like her persist in asking he will "speedily" rescue and answer us.

God whom talks a lot about perseverance and patience which we experience throughout our lives now speaks of speed?

Praise is your weapon,it makes God happy.
      Its like when you are sad and somehow someone brings your favourite food, beverage or you watch your favourite movie or talk to your best friend these moments where you feel so happy quickly and forget instantly your sadness since something you truly deeply enjoy is right at your fingertip this is praise to God and even more when he sees how you feel and regardless have taken a step out of your pain to make him smile.
      Music is an open doorway to joy, find good music to cheer up and then praise God and see how he reacts.
      Here is a song that summarizes this little advice I wanted to share to encourage anyone in need today a very good song!

Be blessed!