Today, I am actually thankful for the time I've had away from work and school.

I've refreshed my prayer life. I've done creative projects and dreamed, learned about myself.

My dream is to stay in the city where we are and build a life with children and involvement in the community. To see my husband grow and live out his dreams as well.

At first all I could do was obsess over getting a job. But there's great blessing in the time of transition when there's time to reflect and relax.

I am thankful I only cussed a couple times....usually its more

Thankful my 88 year old mother isn't using the walker at all now (after being in hospital).   The Lord has strengthen her!

• Similar Content

• By turtletwo
      It's my first ever Thanksgiving without my mom. Praise God-she is still alive. But a brain injury prevents us from even talking on the phone. I can't drive to her. So I will love her from afar. Missing her bunches- but choosing to rejoice in Jesus on this day which should be about being thankful.
      I have very little family left. But I'm thinking how rough it must be to have nobody alive or in a not speaking to each other /dysfunctional family. Worst case scenario- being without loved ones and not having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
      If you are in those situations, this poem is for you:
      Remember The Lonely (A Thanksgiving Day Poem)
      Holidays are often a family affair
      A time of food and gatherings
      In which we love and share
      But sadly, there are people
      Who have no loved ones there
      Feeling down and lonely,
      They need someone to care
      So let us all remember
      To keep these folks in prayer.

Let us pray they will come to see God loves them...
      For those who have the Lord in their lives
      are never truly alone.  
    • By turtletwo
      HAPPY THANKSGIVING WISHES FROM MY  TO YOUR HEARTS!

• By turtletwo
      Thanksgiving Day 2018 will be arriving this Thursday.
      Please join me in posting at least 5 things you are especially thankful for this year.
      Here are mine:
      1) Salvation and forgiveness God offers me through the atonement of Jesus Christ.
      Nothing is more precious than this! 
      John 15:13
      “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” 
      2) The holy scriptures  
      John 5:39
      "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."
      3) Freedom of religion
      Sadly, so many of our brothers and sisters in Christ around the world suffer prison, torture and death.
      Our persecution in free countries usually amounts to little more than being teased about our Christianity.
      4) My family
      I had wonderful Christian grandparents and parents. They have gone on to be with the Lord now except for my mother. I am blessed with two children and a grandson who are all so special to me.
      5) The miracle of my mom.   I treasure her. She was not expected to live beyond one month (after an anoxic brain injury she suffered on March 9th.) Here it is 8 months later! God alone knows our futures. Over these months, she has pulled through many serious challenges. Each one is a testimony to His goodness, His mercy and His power. She remains in delicate condition but continues on, as He wills. 
      6) I believe prayer has helped. Thanks to all of you who have (and continue to) hold Mom up in prayer.
      7) God's daily provisions.
      8) Christian music.

9) The Presence of God.

10) WCF... The ability to post and read others posts, fellowship with believers from all over the world, support (prayer, comfort & edification) and new friendships formed.  I have been here since 2007 but this one has been my best year yet.
      HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!

• By Amabella
      Hello I am AmaBella
      I am glad to be here so I can discuss and learn more about the word of God. I have been going through one of the most trying and difficult times in my life, today I came home and asked God why and my faith was starting to wither. I came here to encourage myself and be encouraged in faith through my christian brothers and sisters.
    • By Willie T Ayers
      Good evening and Blessings in Christ
      I'm a disable veteran with several medical issues please keep us  my family and me in prayer we had to get our refrigerator and stove fixed and now we need to get an alternator for my van and fix a water leak near our hot water heater we have no hot water or heat at this time. Please pray that I will always be strong and faithful throughout any storm and will stand firm always when the enemy hurdles his fiery darts at me. For I’m not ashamed of the gospel Jesus is my all and all: I pray to never begin my day without thinking that perhaps he may interrupt my daily routine and begin His own. I am not looking for death. I am looking for Him. Today might be the last day when Jesus returns.: The Joy I have the world did not give it to me......And the world cannot take it away. Have a God-day God is good all the time...and all the time God is good: Thanking all of you and advance for your prayers and giving God all praise and glory

Truly Blessed: