IGNORED

Everything That Can Be Shaken Is About To Be...

Gideon

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

Thing is, since the birth of Christianity there has been many tribulations etc etc. I bet when the early church was being persecuted they thoubt the time was nigh! Same throughout history. Many many nasty, evil times have gone.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~His house WILL BE full because He does not want any to perish.  What  I meant is that He will never put quantity over quality. The standard will never be lowered. Ahh, but He WILL lift us up to meet it if we ask Him! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gideon

Loved this part, So absolutely true! 

”The standard will never be lowered but He will lift us up to meet it”

“If we ask” or “seeking.” That we, His body might be “seeking.” 

Peace and love to all His body, Not me

Edited by Not me

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

But nothing will approach the worldwide devastation and terror happening in the great tribulation as outlined in Revelation.

Revelation is not to be taken literally. It was written at a time when people looked at things differently. We look at it with 'modern' eyes.

As a partial preterist, i believe most of Revelation has been and gone. But, thats for another time to discuss.

Edited by Goldie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Man, I post a thread, go to work and come home to five pages of posts that somehow ended on a completely different topic. LOL. 

I was asked by Notme why I felt like the shaking was close. First,  I am not a date setter. Will I see it with my eyes? Well, I am almost 69, so if I live to 120, I suspect I will. :) 

But if we simply look at the world around us, and truly are watching for Him as He told us to do, we can see the fabric of society unraveling before our eyes.  I grew up in with I love Lucy and Leave It To Beaver. In sixty years, we have gone from wholesomeness and family values to Californication and unisex bathrooms. As Jesus said, we can discern the weather, but cannot discern the signs of the times. But as of late, it is getting a whole lot easier to know He is very, VERY close. 

Has God revealed anything specific to me? Within five years? Ten? No. Has He impressed on me the closeness of the hour? Very much so. We are in the time where the enemy is coming in like a flood and the church seems powerless to counter it.  Powerless? We are not even aware of it! 

How do we counter it? Should we march, or protest, or vote for candidates that believe as we do? The answer is  we should do as God tells us. But God did tell us to not let the thief come in and steal from us by watching, For we are not to be ignorant of his devices.

Sadly, if I am honest, we as His church have become salt that has lost its savor. We pretty much have settled for a Christianity that basically is going to church once a week. We judge our spiritual health on what our core doctrines are. If you have good Biblical ones, no problem, right? But here is what we do not get.... yet. God bases it on how deep our relationship is with Him.

We are plainly told that in the last days, His people will have a form of godliness, but our lives will deny it. Is this not the case if we are going to be brutally honest here? Do we believe God can and will keep us from falling to sin or cause us to walk victoriously over the world, the flesh and the devil? If it is our faith in Him that pleases Him, are we growing in our confidence in Him that He is not a man that He should lie? Or is our faith really about the same size it was when we first God saved? “Jesus died for our sins. You mean there’s more?” Yes, much, much more, and we are about to discover it. 

I will say this. The condition of the church is to me a far greater indicator of where we are on the eternal countdown than the world around us. We are looking more and more like Laodecia, and yet when that is stated, men get offended..... just like they did in Loadecia. Hmmm.

With few exceptions, there is no hunger for HIM..... to KNOW Him, and the fellowship of His suffering, and the exceeding greatness of His power to usward who believe. We assume prayer is supposed to be one-sided, and that abiding in Him, where we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, is only for the super spiritual.

There is a growing acceptance that God now winks at our sins, for they are unavoidable. We are dumbing down the gospel and in doing so, we have become willing accomplices with the enemy of our souls, and we do not even see it.  But all that is about to change, and here God has spoken to me. 

We are about to be awakened...... to HIM. For us, this will be the shaking spoken of. He is not going to shake sin out of our lives, nor shake the world and our love for stuff out of us. He is going to shake us awake to HIM and to the fact that He wants full intimacy with us..... daily, hourly, moment by moment.

Trust me, when we are fully awake, we shall KNOW He is at the door. And all the garbage we have leaned on to fill our lives because we have not found that intimacy, where we are fully satisfied just with Him? It WILL go. We will cast it aside as Paul did. We will count it as dung.... meaningless garbage. And when that happens, we will look back on our lives and marvel that we were so taken by things that do not satisfy, and so blind to how glorious He really is. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • This is Worthy 1

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If not literal, why this warning? 

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(Rev 22:18-19)

Since you have a low regard for Scripture (preferring the Pope) what matter is it what the Bible says??

Revelation 1 

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads aloud the words of the prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written therein; for the time is near.

Edited by Goldie

• Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Man, I post a thread, go to work and come home to five pages of posts that somehow ended on a completely different topic. LOL. 

I was asked by Notme why I felt like the shaking was close. First,  I am not a date setter. Will I see it with my eyes? Well, I am almost 69, so if I live to 120, I suspect I will. :) 

But if we simply look at the world around us, and truly are watching for Him as He told us to do, we can see the fabric of society unraveling before our eyes.  I grew up in with I love Lucy and Leave It To Beaver. In sixty years, we have gone from wholesomeness and family values to Californication and unisex bathrooms. As Jesus said, we can discern the weather, but cannot discern the signs of the times. But as of late, it is getting a whole lot easier to know He is very, VERY close. 

Has God revealed anything specific to me? Within five years? Ten? No. Has He impressed on me the closeness of the hour? Very much so. We are in the time where the enemy is coming in like a flood and the church seems powerless to counter it.  Powerless? We are not even aware of it! 

How do we counter it? Should we march, or protest, or vote for candidates that believe as we do? The answer is  we should do as God tells us. But God did tell us to not let the thief come in and steal from us by watching, For we are not to be ignorant of his devices.

Sadly, if I am honest, we as His church have become salt that has lost its savor. We pretty much have settled for a Christianity that basically is going to church once a week. We judge our spiritual health on what our core doctrines are. If you have good Biblical ones, no problem, right? But here is what we do not get.... yet. God bases it on how deep our relationship is with Him.

We are plainly told that in the last days, His people will have a form of godliness, but our lives will deny it. Is this not the case if we are going to be brutally honest here? Do we believe God can and will keep us from falling to sin or cause us to walk victoriously over the world, the flesh and the devil? If it is our faith in Him that pleases Him, are we growing in our confidence in Him that He is not a man that He should lie? Or is our faith really about the same size it was when we first God saved? “Jesus died for our sins. You mean there’s more?” Yes, much, much more, and we are about to discover it. 

I will say this. The condition of the church is to me a far greater indicator of where we are on the eternal countdown than the world around us. We are looking more and more like Laodecia, and yet when that is stated, men get offended..... just like they did in Loadecia. Hmmm.

With few exceptions, there is no hunger for HIM..... to KNOW Him, and the fellowship of His suffering, and the exceeding greatness of His power to usward who believe. We assume prayer is supposed to be one-sided, and that abiding in Him, where we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, is only for the super spiritual.

There is a growing acceptance that God now winks at our sins, for they are unavoidable. We are dumbing down the gospel and in doing so, we have become willing accomplices with the enemy of our souls, and we do not even see it.  But all that is about to change, and here God has spoken to me. 

We are about to be awakened...... to HIM. For us, this will be the shaking spoken of. He is not going to shake sin out of our lives, nor shake the world and our love for stuff out of us. He is going to shake us awake to HIM and to the fact that He wants full intimacy with us..... daily, hourly, moment by moment.

Trust me, when we are fully awake, we shall KNOW He is at the door. And all the garbage we have leaned on to fill our lives because we have not found that intimacy, where we are fully satisfied just with Him? It WILL go. We will cast it aside as Paul did. We will count it as dung.... meaningless garbage. And when that happens, we will look back on our lives and marvel that we were so taken by things that do not satisfy, and so blind to how glorious He really is. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Ok, question answered. 

Edit: no words, let me chew on how and where and what to do with all this food/truth, will post a comment later. Taking it to God. 

much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, Goldie said:

Revelation is not to be taken literally. It was written at a time when people looked at things differently. We look at it with 'modern' eyes.

As a partial preterist, i believe most of Revelation has been and gone. But, thats for another time to discuss.

Well if we are not to take it literally then I guess we needn't worry about a third of the human population dying or the oceans and rivers turning to blood or the AC wreaking havoc on the world  or anyone having to take the  Mark or the establishment o fa one World Religion or Armageddon?  Are you saying that stuff has already happened or you just don't believe what the Bible says?  It's a learning process when it comes to reading the Bible correctly and being able to discern what is literal and what is symbolic.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Well if we are not to take it literally then I guess we needn't worry about a third of the human population dying or the oceans and rivers turning to blood or the AC wreaking havoc on the world  or anyone having to take the  Mark or the establishment o fa one World Religion or Armageddon?  Are you saying that stuff has already happened or you just don't believe what the Bible says?  It's a learning process when it comes to reading the Bible correctly and being able to discern what is literal and what is symbolic.

Look up Preterism. Answers are there.

Edited by Goldie

Guest Butero
3 minutes ago, Goldie said:

What is your view of the Bible Goldie?  Is it God's Word to you?  Do you have the view that if the Bible says it, that settles it?  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

9 minutes ago, Goldie said:

Nope.  I know what Preterism is and I think it's unbiblical.

• This is Worthy 1