IGNORED

Everything That Can Be Shaken Is About To Be...

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, angels4u said:

Who are the 4?

I only know of two :42: Two are missing :help:

Guest Butero

I was hoping to get an answer from Gideon about the OP.  He wanted us to get back on topic, and I am really undecided what I think about his position.  That is more important for this discussion than speculating about the gang of 4.  There are really about 8 candidates I can think of for 4 spots, and I am not going to nominate anyone tonight, at least not openly.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

I was hoping to get an answer from Gideon about the OP.  He wanted us to get back on topic, and I am really undecided what I think about his position.  That is more important for this discussion than speculating about ~~~~

I’m quite sure Butero, Gideon will give you an answer. He probably went to bed for the night. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Guest Butero
2 minutes ago, Not me said:

I’m quite sure Butero, Gideon will give you an answer. He probably went to bed for the night. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

I was telling you one of my faults was battling with anger management.  Another issue is lack of patience.  I want to know now.  :th_frusty: :laugh:

I am sure you are right.  :cool:  Have a good night.  :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

The Bible can and is, taken too literally on some things and then on others some say thats not to be taken literally! You cant win!

Interpretation. All down to that.

Every day someone comes out with the 'End is nigh' statement!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

7 hours ago, Butero said:

Gideon, I want to ask you a question about the OP, and your beliefs in general.  I agree with your warnings that we need to get our spiritual house in order.  You would have to be a blind man not to see the signs all around us that the Lord is coming back soon.  Still, I think I understand the question that FOTL has regarding what you are saying, and I want to understand you as well.  I think the problem is that you are talking about things in the future, like this is something we must wait upon, and not telling us that we can get our house in order right now, or at least it comes across like that.  Is your message to wait until some shaking happens and are you saying we are powerless in the meantime, or do you believe we can actually act today and be the people the Lord wants us to be?  This may seem like a fine line, but it really does matter.  Today is the day of salvation.  Today is the acceptable time.  The Bible doesn't tell us to wait on some supernatural thing to come.  That kind of doctrine is dangerous to the soul, as we have no guarantee of tomorrow.  What is your message to the church today, right now?  I can't really say how I feel about the OP until I know the answer to that question.  

Brother, I appreciate the question, and also appreciate the tone with which you asked it. Thank you for that.

The awakening I am referring to is available to all immediately! There is no reason to wait. We are not like the lame man waiting, hoping against hope that the angel will come stir the waters. He did not know as he voiced his hopelessness to Jesus that the son of God, His messiah, his healer was the one talking to him.

I beg your forgiveness if I have led any to believe otherwise. The awakening of which I speak is not a revival. It will not be a Lakeland event, or Beownsville, or Toronto, it is not dependent ob being in a certain city, or sitting under a certain revivalist. It will not come with being slain in the spirit. No man will give it to you. 

This awakening is between each individual Christian and. the Lord Himself. Here is what God has shown me. We are a lot like Lazarus. We have been raised from the dead. BUT, we are still wrapped in graveclothes. Inside we are resurrected, but the graveclothes restrict us from enjoying our newness of life.

I cannot emphasize this enough. Think about that moment and how astounding it was for. Lazarus. But it was not until Jesus instructed them to remove his grave clothes that bound him that he felt free. Our resurrection is just as real. We have understood it with our heads. We are told that we died when Christ died. We also are told that just as Christ rose to newness of life, so did we. Amen? 

But do we feel new? Is our vision now an eternal outlook rather than an earthly one? No, we do not. We become born again by giving our hearts to Him, but we do not feel any different. We do not look any different. Our goals have pretty much stayed the same, Our issues. The same. Our hopes and dreams. The same but now we do it knowing Heaven will be our home. And why is this? We have never had our grace clothes removed. 

When ai talk ‘awakening’, to an outside observer, it will look huge. But upon closer examination, that fire will be made up on millions of individual Christians removing the grave clothes that have bound them. Those filthy rags make us feel like we are the same old person we were before we were saved, and so we see the Bible as still a set of rules. Mentally, we are still under the grip of the law. So we set about to clean up our grave clothes, because we love the Lord and wNt to please Him. I did this forc38 years, and it got me nowhere. I still struggled with sin, I was by and large void of real spiritual fruit, and any gains I seemed to make always had pride attached to it. 

So let me be clear. There is not one thing preventing any here from removing their grave clothes today, right now, this very minute. If we are saved, there is nothing we have to do to prepare ourselves. We could have just given in..... again.... to our sin of choice. It matters not if we are repentant and want to walk in newness of life and enjoy our new life, our resurrected life! 

Jesus asked the lame man “Would you be made whole?” And He is here right now, inside each one of us, asking us the same question. Do we want our grave clothes removed?  Why is our Christianity so “religious”feeling? Why do those in the world not really see us as any different? Heck, why do we see ourselves as not very different? We say “Christians aren’t perfect, just forgiven”, and it is true. But deep down, this is the excuse we use to explain to people why we look so much like good people in other religions. Is this not the truth, even if it is painful to have to admit it?

Bit we ARE different. We are ALIVE! New life! His life! IN us! So what is the fly in the ointment? What is preventing each one of us from taking up our bed and walking in the Free Indeed we have clearly been promised? One thing is the culprit. Unbelief.

We protest. “I DO believe! Jesus DID rise from the dead! I HAVE accepted Him as my savior!” And indeed we do. The gravestone was rolled away. Death could not hold Him. And yes, by our believing that, we are save. We too are new. But here is the deal, we are trying to see, we are trying to walk as His children, we are trying to feeel, to act new...... while still in our grave clothes. 

You see, we are just as new as Jesus is. We simply are still housed in fleshly bodies. But we are no longer fleshly people! We are born..... again. We have used this catch phrase and turned it into religious lingo. We mean well, but we still do not yet understand. We have actually been born again!!!!! And all God asks now is, will we take the leap of faith and believe it. 

Let us not worry about how we will walk differently, or think differently, or how we will ever defeat those pesky sins that so easily beset us. That is not our problem. He is the potter, we the clay. And when we finally have finally done all to stand, we stand therefore. We declare that we are new creatures. We believe. And praise God, when we do, the graveclothes are removed. And what comes next is the mother of all paradigm shifts. 

So when I speak of this coming worldwide awakening in the church, it is not an event that will soon happen. It is a collection of millions of individual Saints lighting their lamps but accepting that the old them does not need to die. It already did. We stop the incessant and unending battle to try to change ourselves to be better people. Are we not worn out by that road? We stop battling sin. We lay it aside

I will continue if you would likethis evening after I get home from work, but this will hopefully be enough to let you see where I am coming from. We can stop battling  our production of bad fruit. We can cease our labors to try to bring forth good fruit. We lay the ax to the ROOT of the tree and by faith, we agree with our God that we ARE new. And in doing this, we make our tree good. It is now God’s job to change us..... and boy, does He!  

Praise you, my Lord. Fill my words with you and draw all who read it to you. Amen. 

Blessings to all, 

Gideon

• This is Worthy 1

7 hours ago, Butero said:

I was telling you one of my faults was battling with anger management.  Another issue is lack of patience.  I want to know now.  :th_frusty: :laugh:

I am sure you are right.  :cool:  Have a good night.  :)

Haaa, me too,  I do know what you mean! I too want patience, and I too want it “now!”.  :)

much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

Gideon; just read your post, very good analogy about the grave clothes. Never heard it used or put forth that way. You are 100% on point with it. Having “died with  Christ and being risen with Him” to see this fact by experience,  is a paragon shift indeed. Well stated. Have a great day. :)

Much love, Not me 

Edited by Not me

Guest Butero
2 hours ago, Gideon said:

Brother, I appreciate the question, and also appreciate the tone with which you asked it. Thank you for that.

The awakening I am referring to is available to all immediately! There is no reason to wait. We are not like the lame man waiting, hoping against hope that the angel will come stir the waters. He did not know as he voiced his hopelessness to Jesus that the son of God, His messiah, his healer was the one talking to him.

I beg your forgiveness if I have led any to believe otherwise. The awakening of which I speak is not a revival. It will not be a Lakeland event, or Beownsville, or Toronto, it is not dependent ob being in a certain city, or sitting under a certain revivalist. It will not come with being slain in the spirit. No man will give it to you. 

This awakening is between each individual Christian and. the Lord Himself. Here is what God has shown me. We are a lot like Lazarus. We have been raised from the dead. BUT, we are still wrapped in graveclothes. Inside we are resurrected, but the graveclothes restrict us from enjoying our newness of life.

I cannot emphasize this enough. Think about that moment and how astounding it was for. Lazarus. But it was not until Jesus instructed them to remove his grave clothes that bound him that he felt free. Our resurrection is just as real. We have understood it with our heads. We are told that we died when Christ died. We also are told that just as Christ rose to newness of life, so did we. Amen? 

But do we feel new? Is our vision now an eternal outlook rather than an earthly one? No, we do not. We become born again by giving our hearts to Him, but we do not feel any different. We do not look any different. Our goals have pretty much stayed the same, Our issues. The same. Our hopes and dreams. The same but now we do it knowing Heaven will be our home. And why is this? We have never had our grace clothes removed. 

When ai talk ‘awakening’, to an outside observer, it will look huge. But upon closer examination, that fire will be made up on millions of individual Christians removing the grave clothes that have bound them. Those filthy rags make us feel like we are the same old person we were before we were saved, and so we see the Bible as still a set of rules. Mentally, we are still under the grip of the law. So we set about to clean up our grave clothes, because we love the Lord and wNt to please Him. I did this forc38 years, and it got me nowhere. I still struggled with sin, I was by and large void of real spiritual fruit, and any gains I seemed to make always had pride attached to it. 

So let me be clear. There is not one thing preventing any here from removing their grave clothes today, right now, this very minute. If we are saved, there is nothing we have to do to prepare ourselves. We could have just given in..... again.... to our sin of choice. It matters not if we are repentant and want to walk in newness of life and enjoy our new life, our resurrected life! 

Jesus asked the lame man “Would you be made whole?” And He is here right now, inside each one of us, asking us the same question. Do we want our grave clothes removed?  Why is our Christianity so “religious”feeling? Why do those in the world not really see us as any different? Heck, why do we see ourselves as not very different? We say “Christians aren’t perfect, just forgiven”, and it is true. But deep down, this is the excuse we use to explain to people why we look so much like good people in other religions. Is this not the truth, even if it is painful to have to admit it?

Bit we ARE different. We are ALIVE! New life! His life! IN us! So what is the fly in the ointment? What is preventing each one of us from taking up our bed and walking in the Free Indeed we have clearly been promised? One thing is the culprit. Unbelief.

We protest. “I DO believe! Jesus DID rise from the dead! I HAVE accepted Him as my savior!” And indeed we do. The gravestone was rolled away. Death could not hold Him. And yes, by our believing that, we are save. We too are new. But here is the deal, we are trying to see, we are trying to walk as His children, we are trying to feeel, to act new...... while still in our grave clothes. 

You see, we are just as new as Jesus is. We simply are still housed in fleshly bodies. But we are no longer fleshly people! We are born..... again. We have used this catch phrase and turned it into religious lingo. We mean well, but we still do not yet understand. We have actually been born again!!!!! And all God asks now is, will we take the leap of faith and believe it. 

Let us not worry about how we will walk differently, or think differently, or how we will ever defeat those pesky sins that so easily beset us. That is not our problem. He is the potter, we the clay. And when we finally have finally done all to stand, we stand therefore. We declare that we are new creatures. We believe. And praise God, when we do, the graveclothes are removed. And what comes next is the mother of all paradigm shifts. 

So when I speak of this coming worldwide awakening in the church, it is not an event that will soon happen. It is a collection of millions of individual Saints lighting their lamps but accepting that the old them does not need to die. It already did. We stop the incessant and unending battle to try to change ourselves to be better people. Are we not worn out by that road? We stop battling sin. We lay it aside

I will continue if you would likethis evening after I get home from work, but this will hopefully be enough to let you see where I am coming from. We can stop battling  our production of bad fruit. We can cease our labors to try to bring forth good fruit. We lay the ax to the ROOT of the tree and by faith, we agree with our God that we ARE new. And in doing this, we make our tree good. It is now God’s job to change us..... and boy, does He!  

Praise you, my Lord. Fill my words with you and draw all who read it to you. Amen. 

Blessings to all, 

Gideon

Thank you Gideon for that explanation, and yes, you did answer my question, but not fully.  I appreciate the fact we can begin living like new creatures right now, and cast those grave clothes away right now, but you continue to speak to all of us like we are all still wearing the grave clothes even though you said we are able to cast them aside right this moment.  What you may mean is that most of us are still in our grave clothes, rather than all, and if that is the answer, I can accept that, but in order to be sure, I have some follow up questions.  

1.  Have you cast aside your grave clothes and are you experiencing this new walk in freedom?

2.  How does your message differ from a message like Joyce Meyer gives where she says "try not to try?"  

3.  Does your message contradict the idea of how we are taught to resist the devil and he will flee?  It comes across like you are saying we         shouldn't be striving to live right, but we should naturally do it by faith.  

Thanks Gideon.  I was joking around last night about how I couldn't wait to get the answer but had to have it right then and there.  Take your time, because I am really trying to understand what you are saying.  Who wouldn't want to be free?  The very idea of having to go around with grave clothes on brings about a feeling of bondage.  I know that right now, I am no longer a slave to sin, as I was before.  I have the ability through faith in Christ to live right each and every day, but I also know that my adversary the devil still comes around to tempt me, and I have to actively choose to resist those temptations.  Are you saying we can come to a place where we are no longer dealing with any struggle?  I am not saying we aren't able to walk in victory.  We certainly can, but I am asking if you are saying there will no longer be a struggle?  

Guest Butero
6 hours ago, Goldie said:

The Bible can and is, taken too literally on some things and then on others some say thats not to be taken literally! You cant win!

Interpretation. All down to that.

Every day someone comes out with the 'End is nigh' statement!

Yes they do, so here are questions I have for you Goldie.  Jesus gave us signs of the end.  Do you believe the Lord spoke the truth to us?  We don't just think the end is nigh for no reason.  If you doubt the end is nigh, when do you believe the end will come?  In the far and distant future, long after we are dead and buried?  In 50, 100, 500, perhaps 1000 years from now?  If Jesus didn't want us to have some idea, why give us signs to look for?