IGNORED

Everything That Can Be Shaken Is About To Be...

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Gideon an interesting question just popped in my skull.      I was wondering if you could explain what it means

When JESUS says on the day of resurrection ,  some will awake to the resurrection of the just and others to the resurrection of damanation .

care to explain that .    I know what it means,   I was wondering what you think it means . 

Why is it that I always feel like your words are a trap getting ready to snap shut with a gleeful “Aha!”? LOL. Do you think I do not believe in the eternal separation from God  of those who loved the darkness more than the light? Where are you getting these questions from the things I share anyway? What  words have I said that would lead you to come to this conclusion? 

Blessings, Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, Gideon said:

Have I ever said anything different as to the end of the five foolish virgins, brother, even once? We must be careful not to make inferences that try to put words in our mouths to further an argument we are trying to make. ALL awoke. Not all were willing to pay the price once the cost was  punted. The price? Hate ones old nature 

blessings, 

Gids

The moral of the story was NOT ALL HAD taken OIL.    The five NEVER KNEW HIM .   not the foolish ones .   THE FIVE WISE ONES DID KNOW HIM .

ON HIS DAY its too late .    Either we follow him now or its too late on HIS day or if we die of course . 

Not all had taken extra oil.     that was the point of the story .  And once JESUS did show up,   The point is , ITS TOO late .

either we had the extra oil or we did not .   Either we knew HIM or we did not ,  Either we followed HIM or we did not .   

1 minute ago, Gideon said:

Why is it that I always feel like your words are a trap getting ready to snap shut with a gleeful “Aha!”? LOL. Do you think I do not believe in the eternal separation from God  of those who loved the darkness more than the light? Where are you getting these questions from the things I share anyway? What  words have I said that would lead you to come to this conclusion? 

Blessings, Gideon

OH ,  I believe you know their will be n eternal separation .   But can you just pretty , pretty please answer the question .  

Its not an attack .   Its just a question .

11 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Have I ever said anything different as to the end of the five foolish virgins, brother, even once? We must be careful not to make inferences that try to put words in our mouths to further an argument we are trying to make. ALL awoke. Not all were willing to pay the price once the cost was  punted. The price? Hate ones old nature 

blessings, 

Gids

OH,  and I never said how you see the parable  .    I was just explaining is all.    I am not the enemy.

But none of us knows one another .   questions need to get asked ,  specially if one IS LED to ask those questions.   Now if you ever are LED to ask me anything ,  You DO IT.

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Not saying there is a contradiction, just don't think our walk can be reduced to 'consider yourself dead to sin but alive to God'. Quick formulas are appealing at first but in due time have their shortcomings.

It is certainly your choice to do with it what you will. I pray you reconsider. All I can say is that after 38 years of trying, and failing, to get self off the throne so that Jesus could take His rightful place, God visited me and showed me what I had missed. I had never reckoned myself dead to sin. I had never put off my old nature.

please understand. This step of faith is not all there is and then it is hunky dory from then on. It is a key that unlocks a door to an amazing walk where Christ actually does cause us to walk in victory. It is a walk of real intimacy, where we cry out “Lord!”  and He answers “Here am I!”. There is much more to our walk than going to church and reading the Bible. God wants to transform our very lives and fill us with amazing fruits of the Spirit, the character of Christ Himself. 

And after this revelation, what has my life been like? For eleven years, I have embraced the truth and grown in it, believing that the old me really did die and that I am a new natured being. I have been changed, made alive, filled with joy and the reality of Christ living within me. Sins have been defeated and purpose given to my once dreary life. If you have all these, praise God. If you do not, and are weary because of the way, I pray at some point you simply give ear to what is being said. 

I love you, dear brother

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'll just give an example and leave it at that. 

In Scripture it is true, there is a lot we are to reckon as done through the cross such as our death to sin, yet the Scriptures also tells us there is a putting to death on our part...both are needed. There is a balance and a cooperation when it comes to sanctification. e.g.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
(Rom 8:13)

Col_3:5  Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

He is constantly changing me....my upright walk has come with a lot of stumbling...but I got back up and continue to strive for the mark! But I love Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing that He who begun a good work in me will complete it to the coming of Christ Jesus!

I couldn't do it without the Holy Spirit who convicts me of a sin and I didn't even see it as a sin until He showed me the error of my ways....i.e. sharing God's Word to someone who is struggling in some area with the attitude in my mind that "well I am thankful I am closer to God than they are"....SMH....self-righteous pride.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

10 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

He is constantly changing me....my upright walk has come with a lot of stumbling...but I got back up and continue to strive for the mark! But I love Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing that He who begun a good work in me will complete it to the coming of Christ Jesus!

I couldn't do it without the Holy Spirit who convicts me of a sin and I didn't even see it as a sin until He showed me the error of my ways....i.e. sharing God's Word to someone who is struggling in some area with the attitude in my mind that "well I am thankful I am closer to God than they are"....SMH....self-righteous pride.

Thank you Heart for posting this concise ,inspired masterpiece.Gods Grace keeps us secure during this struggle.The Blood Of Christ covers our sins during this process.....trusting in “ lucky repentance”—— that repentance that must take place between our last sin and our death that some here subscribe to is a perversion of Paul’s simple Gospel.  Given to him by Jesus.Contrary to popular belief, adding to the Gospel  is how one “ falls from grace”.I hope new Believers understand this early in their Christian Walk.Faith in the Gospel.    1cor15:1-4   Is what saves you. Faith plus nothing.Jesus gets ALL the glory.Not 99% Jesus and 1% your performance.God won’t have His Son Slighted.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

In Scripture it is true, there is a lot we are to reckon as done through the cross such as our death to sin, yet the Scriptures also tells us there is a putting to death on our part...both are needed. There is a balance and a cooperation when it comes to sanctification. e.g.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Col_3:5  Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Yowm is this good. We are saying the same things. The only thing is we are saying these scriptures need to be learned “by experience” what they mean. For they are indeed Spirit and life. All we’re trying to say is, all the above scriptures need to “come alive” in the believer. What do I mean by “come alive”?  Have you ever had an apithanny where you just “saw” and “knew” something differently and deeper than before. That understanding made a real change in your life and you saw the world differently? Well God’s Word’s “are”Spirit and Life. And these above scriptures that you quoted (and others) are what “comes alive” in the believer. Or as I’ve come to know it; Learning them “by experience” what they truly mean. All Gideon and myself and others are saying is a deeper walk with Christ is necessary for the Church to be ready when He returns. And since only His word can accomplish that task in the life of the believer. It is just a more deeper understanding of what His word means. For it is evident that the Body of Christ is not without “Spot or Blemish” and He is coming back for the Church that “is” free from “Spot and Blemish”. Even if you don’t want to believe Gideon or myself, that’s fine, believe what the Word says. Go to God yourself and ask Him if there’s and deeper meaning and a “learning” these scriptures by experience.”

For it is the Spirit of  Christ in the believer,  that opens up “Spiritual  truths” to the believer. 

We have talked in the passed about Watchman Nees writings. In His book “Release of the Spirit” he talks of  the necessity of “breaking the outer man” so the Spirit might find its way out. Just like he says this “breaking” has to be done by God Himself. Watchman says to pray for this breaking. This is basically all we’re saying.   

For does not the scripture describe what an carnal Church looks like, with all the bickering, backstabbing, fighting,  jealousys, envy’s and such. Is this not what we see in the Church today. It is Christ’s Spirit in the believer that sets a believer free from Himself that He might walk in newness of life and be done with all the above. Is this not the desire of every believers heart, to walk blamelessly before Jesus?  

Hope this helps, much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

This is an excellent point. As I have said, reckoning oneself dead to sin and alive to God is the beginning of our walk as new creatures, not the end. Sanctification IS a process. But here is the deal.  It is not a ‘balance’. Reckoning is the door that allows us to actually really, in this life, lay aside every weight and the sins that we have atruggled with  and put to death the deeds of the body, with them never coming back. 

If I look at it as a balance, here is what happens. There is is still the mentality that those sins are a part of ME. And this reveals that I really do not believe that the old me is dead. And the result? We are thrown back on our efforts to kill US, and it is back into running laps in the wilderness of unbelief. Nothing has changed. 

We are back to working on our sins from the outside in, and do not really believe at all that the old nature that was us is dead. Bottom line, sanctification again becomes a ‘goal‘ we can never hit. We are told we can bring, not only every action, but every thought unto the obedience of Christ. But as long as we still see it as a balance, some of God, some of me, we do not really believe we are dead. We are back trying to kill us, and we will fail..... again. 

The awakening to the truth of who we are is a doorway to real victory. And once we open the door and GO THROUGH. IT, we have lit our lamps. And trust me, once one sees it, there is no return to the wilderness. It is that life changing. ! We now see those deeds of the body as temptations of the enemy, not as part of us. How can they be? It is no more is that live but Christ who now lives inside us! 

Yes, we are to do all things that Christ commands us. But praise God, when we put off our old man and put on our new nature, we discover two amazing things.

1) We want to do them with all our hearts. The battle inside us has left. 

2) We discover we actually CAN do them! Going through the door of real faith that we are actually new insures us that we will bring every action and thought under our control, because ......they are no longer a part of us! Why? We have made our tree GOOD! 

I cannot emphasize enough that head knowledge of this reckoning will not work. Ever. We can repeat it one hundred  times and still walk as the same old natured people as we always have.  We mist embrace our death and new life as ours.... now. This is not a goal we work toward. It is very real, just unseen. 

And here is one of the biggest hindrances to our believing it. Until we hate our old nature and long to be freed from its grip, seeing our continued sinfulness as putting Jesus back on the cross, and our sin finally becomes exceedingly sinful, we cannot believe it. It will remain head knowledge. 

Here is the bottom line. If we look at it as a balance, we remain in the wilderness of unbelief  and doing the second part, mortifying the deeds of our body, is impossible. We are always working towards victory, rather than through our victory  eliminating everything that is not Christ out of our lives.... forever. 

Ahh, but if we truly long to be free indeed, and realize we need a flat out miracle, and grab hold of the truth that the old US really did die and that we really are new creatures, we find to our amazement and delight that we want to obey Him in all things and that we CAN obey Him in all things! Thank you Lord!

I pray this helps.

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Gideon said:

And here is one of the biggest hindrances to our believing it. Until we hate our old nature and long to be freed from its grip, seeing our continued sinfulness as putting Jesus back on the cross, and our sin finally becomes exceedingly sinful, we cannot believe it. It will remain head knowledge. 

Amen.......even that is what we should pray for, that our sin will become exceedingly sinful to us, that the Lord will show our sin to us as it truly is, because sin is deceptive, we don't see it as nearly wicked and evil as it it truly is.  And then that helps us to repent of it.