IGNORED

Everything That Can Be Shaken Is About To Be...

Gideon

Guest Butero
14 hours ago, Gideon said:

Butero, thanks for the follow up questions. Let me answer the three questions first, if that is ok.

1) You asked if I am walking in that freedom? Yes, absolutely. But let me also add this, because many can misunderstand here. Our walk as new creatures is a walk of faith. It is not something we achieve. No matter where we are in the Lord, no matter how big of small our sins are that we struggle with, when we actually take the leap of faith and reckon ourself dead to sin and alive unto Him as new creatures, we have armed ourselves with our shield of faith. Satan will continue to try to lure us into sin and self rule. That does not stop. What stops is our yielding ourselves to it, because we meet him with our testimony that we are dead and our life is His with Christ in God. God strengthens us, and actually causes us to resist the enemy. It is quite extraordinary. 

This is not true when we believe  it hard enough. Then it again becomes an achievement. It IS true and that is why we can believe it with whatever faith we possess right now, even if it is mustard seed sized faith. We always have just enough! 

But because this is a walk of faith, abiding in Christ, we start out with weak faith. It does not change the truth of who we are one iota, but it does affect our enjoyment of it and steadiness in it. So early one, when one steps out in faith and combines the blood of the lamb with the words of  his testimony as to who he is inside, we can indeed slip. We need to understand that we have entered into our good fight of faith. The goal? To become established in it!

So, IF we slip up and sin, it is imperative after we repent that we abandon any unbelief that allowed us to fall,  and again hoist up our shield of faith. It frustrates Satan to no end. LOL. And to our joy and amazevent, as we do, our faith GROWS. At some point, one’s faith becomes so strong that slipping simply does not happen any longer for the abiding with the Lord is never broken. 

Where am I personally? Slipping occasionally happens, but not often. The large sins I have battled in the past are gone. Am I established in the truth of my new nature? I suspect not because slipping would never happen, but my journey has taken me a long way from where I was. And as well, spiritual fruits have grown in me that amaze me. I have far to go, but the changes I have seen in my character are so dramatic when I look back on who I was, and I am so very thankful and trust theywill continue. God wants us FRUITFUL! Much fruit! More fruit! 

One last thing about this reckoning of which I speak. There is no pride here. Once you truly believe and refuse to give it up when tempted and you find God indeed does actually cause us to not slip, humility replaces pride. This is one of the great indicators as to whether someone sees it or not. Everything we have as a follower of Jesus is by grace, through faith.. Forgiveness? Grace! Obedience?  Grace! Sanctification?  Again, grace. 

2) Trying not to try is simply another version of try. Let go and let God? Same. This can lead to a lazy believer who says “God will change me when he is ready” but their heart is not hungry fro that change. 

I see it instead as a yoke. We are yoked with Jesus. He pulls the plow but we are plowing. We do things but it is Him doing them IN us. We read the things we need to do, and our spirit replies Yes! We move with God, but it is His power in us that accomplishes the work, and we know it implicitly. 

3) You asked if I believe if we still need to resist Satan. Absolutely!. Of course we resist. But HOW do we resist? Steadfast in the faith! Not by our efforts. Not by accountability partners. Not by resolving never to give into that sin again. By faith! Satan will come and try to pry our testimony out of our mouths. This is huge to Him for he knows that once we get this, he is in deep trouble. 

We hold up our shield of faith and hold fast to the truth that we are new creatures and that the old us is gone, dead, buried. That is critical in our fight. Without that shield up, we are thrown back on our strength, our will to resist. We are back in Romans 7. And failure will again rear its ugly head. 

We do indeed strive but according to His striving  IN US. It is now a partnership. As Paul said, it is no more I that live, but Christ who lives IN me. And the life I now live, I live by the faith of the Son of God. We no longer struggle to gain the victory. We have the victory, and we are planted on the high ground and told to occupy and hold onto the victory till He comes. The difference is like night and day. 

Ok,now, let’s see. What else? Will we get to the place where there is no struggle? Oh, yes! How can we experience rest, and the Free indeed if we always have to struggle? We are told to struggle to enter into the rest. At first glance, it makes no sense. But when we first see it, our self nature is to try to get there. We still have confidence in our fleshly efforts. The struggle is to come to the end of ourselves and conclude that in me, my old man, nothing good dwells. NOTHING. 

The Israelites were told that God had given them the land of promise. It was theirs! But it was occupied by others, Every step they took would be theirs, but they still had to drive out the inhabitants of the promised land, amen? Yes, we will face battles before there is full rest. But God has promised us we would win every battle..... if we will simply hold up our shield of faith and believe Him.

But, there comes a time that all the resistance is defeated ,driven out and once they are removed,, real rest is ours. He that has entered his rest has ceased from his own labors, even as God did from His. Listen though. This is huge.y important.

The struggle is NOT with our flesh.

This is crucial. How do we know this? Our flesh is dead! We still live in fleshly bodies, but our spirits are fleshly no more. We are new creatures! Our struggle is with Satan and his efforts to get us back into unbelief. It is not with our ability to resist sin in ourselves. Satan will still tempt us, but it gets to the point where we can say to the enemy of our souls when temptation comes “Oh, it’s you again. Don’t you ever give up? “  That, dear brother, is real freedom. 

Ok, the last question, which is the hardest to answer. You asked if all are in their grave clothes or most? I am sure that this message is beginning to be heard in many places all over the world. It is not “my” message. I am nobody. But God will take a whole army of nobodies and together, we will become the bride of Christ, glorious to look at, and prepared to meet her future husband.

If I am honest, and I will be, I have to say that in eleven years of sharing this, I have seen others who are enjoying it only a handful of times. We have ALL been sleeping. ALL. In all the cases I have witnessed, those who awakened and lit their lamps were in their own efforts “bad Christians”  and they knew it. They were broken, impotent, unable to resist the pull of the flesh and knew they needed a miracle. That seems to be a common mindset. Until we truly hate our old nature and our sin, however big or small becomes exceedingly sinful to us,  we are not yet ready to see what God wants us to see. They that are in the flesh CANNOT please Him even if we want to. That is a hard place to come to. 

It was the same mindset that Paul had in Romans 7. He knew he was carnal, and saw no hope in himself of ever getting free. He saw himself as a wretched man. He was perfectly prepared to “only believe”. He came to God with NO strength, no confidence in the flesh, and needed God to do EVERYTHING. And praise God, He does those things for us, but not as we envision it. He does it THROUGH us, IN us. Again, the yoke of which I spoke. 

One other characteristic of someone who has been awakened and lit their lamps is that they have their minds renewed. They see themselves as sojourners, eternal people, not people of this world system. We are here, and we do not lose our balance as to our earthly responsibilities. In fact, we do them better than before. But in all things, we see eternity, we see Jesus and are not of this world. When we look in the mirror, we see Christ in us. 

Ok, enough for you to try to digest. If you have more questions, Butero, I will do my best to answer them. I really appreciate your godly attitude in trying to really umderstand where I am coming from. Thank you for that. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Thanks for answering my questions so thoroughly.  It does bring up other questions, but first this comment.  If I am understanding you correctly, it is faith that allows us to walk in victory day in and day out.  As long as we see ourselves as new creatures and dead to sin, we walk in victory and live above sin.  If we slip and sin, that means that somehow, we lost our faith at that moment and forgot who we are in Christ, and that is how that happened.  We must then confess that sin and regain our faith.  Is that correct?

During those times where we occasionally still sin because of unbelief, are we putting the grave clothes back on without realizing it, and then taking them back off once we get our faith back?  To me, this still sounds like a struggle is taking place, not to sin, but not to lose our faith at critical moments.  Aren't we now fighting to believe?  Doesn't the struggle simply move from a fight not to sin to a fight to believe?  I can see what you mean about understanding the old man is dead and we are no longer a slave to sin.  Praise God for that!  I also see that through faith, we don't fall into sin as often, and as we continue our Christian walk, we grow stronger.  Things that used to be a bondage in my life no longer are, but that doesn't mean I never slip and do things at times I know God isn't pleased with, like letting that temper get the best of me.  During those times where I might sin in my anger, is that due to a momentary time of unbelief?  

What you are teaching sounds a lot like sanctification with a new spin.  We fully put our trust in God and as we do that, we automatically grow stronger in the faith and sin less.  I too believe a separating is taking place between the sheep and the goats.  I can see it happening here.  I read what you say and see a lot of truth in it, but there are these little things that seem just a bit off, or perhaps they are not off, but I am still not fully understanding your true meaning.  That is why I keep asking you questions.  You did say we can walk in victory today, so I can push that concern to the side.  Now, my biggest question is over sinning because of lack of faith, rather than a simple struggle with the flesh.  I guess if I am understanding you correctly it really comes down to one major question.  If you can answer this, I think it will clear up most other things, at least I hope so.

How does one have faith to live above sin at all times, and never lose that faith on occasion and find themselves sinning?  

You said you walk in victory.  You got rid of your grave clothes, yet you will on occasion sin, but far less often than before.  That is gradual sanctification, or at least it sounds like it.  We are growing in grace, and we automatically sin less.  It is like we are dealing with terminology more than major differences.  It is like you came to see the problem is lack of faith, rather than a struggle with the flesh, but what you are dealing with is still the same thing we all deal with, being tempted, and occasionally messing up, but failing less often as we are continuing in the faith.  It is just that one person sees this as a battle not to give in to sin, and you see it as a battle not to lose your faith.  Am I missing something here?  I am trying my best to fully understand your doctrine.  Thanks.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for answering my questions so thoroughly.  It does bring up other questions, but first this comment.  If I am understanding you correctly, it is faith that allows us to walk in victory day in and day out.  As long as we see ourselves as new creatures and dead to sin, we walk in victory and live above sin.  If we slip and sin, that means that somehow, we lost our faith at that moment and forgot who we are in Christ, and that is how that happened.  We must then confess that sin and regain our faith.  Is that correct? 

Butero

Excellent, Butero. Yes! When we first enter our good fight of faith, our faith may be weak. Think of the Israelites leaving the wilderness life behind. The first enemy to be defeated was mighty Jericho. And with a miracle, the walls came tumbling down, amen? Next up? Little Ai. And Joshua reasoned that if they could take down mighty Jericho, they only needed a little army to take Ai. What happened. They had their behinds handed to them. Joshua, the mighty man of faith, the spy who boldly proclaimed that if God had given them the land, then the  enemies that stood in their way were not an issue, was found on his face, fearful as to what would face them if little Ai had defeated them. Go met him and said in effect, get up and dust yourself off and stop your pity party. Sin is in the camp. 

The real sin was not the man taking booty. It was Joshua’s self confidence and not leaning on God to do everything in regards to his victory. And so it is with us. 

As we enter our good fight of faith, yes, we may slip a time or two, LOL. But.... it changes nothing. Just as God had already given them  the land, so too are we NOW new creatures. Our temporary slip into sin changes NOTHING. So, we get back up, repent and immediately, if not sooner, hoist back up our shields of faith for we know Satan will come with his “Hath God said.....?” routine. It seems the epitome of hypocrisy after we sin to say I am a new creature in Christ and sin shall not have dominion over me”, but there is real power in doing so. It is like a broken bone growing to be stronger than before.

And praise God, we find our faith grows. To what end? We become established in the faith. The truth of who we really are becomes so strong that falling is almost non-existent. As long as we have these fleshly bodies, there is always the ‘potential’ for sin. But as to actually falling to its power? No way, Jose. 

Does that help? 

Thanks Butero,

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

True believers DONT SIT Under men that teach what most today teach Gideon.    Even as a babe I was called out .    

IF we have THE SPIRIT , then the body is dead because of sin.    so this vast majoritiy you speak of ,  DONT .    IF our lamp is not LIT ,   WE DONT HAVE the SPIRIT .

We got to keep this simple .   The thing most miss about the parable of ten virgins ,   FIVE NEVER MADE IT.   They didn't make it at the end READ the WHOLE parable.

Says five WERE WISE and five were foolish.   the foolish,   NEVER got the door opened ,  oh sure they went out to men who sold,  but when they came back

NO DOOR OPENS .   so the moral of the story is   BE MADE WISE IN JESUS ,   or you wont make it .     I know most sunday school teachers and preachers wont black and white

it like that .   THEY like giving a   GOOD ENDING to the story .    ONLY FOR them FIVE is their a good ending ,  the others who took no oil,  had no light ,   BAD END.

SO the moral of tonights lesson is,    GET EM RIGHT NOW . 

And that oil is the Word of God and the understanding given to us by the power of  the Holy Spirit.  Which the devil is most assuredly attacking.  We believers have taken for granted that the Word of God will always be there but take heed, we might not have the true Word of God with us any longer.  Let him who have ears to hear and eyes to see...... We have several warnings from the Lord:

Amos 8:11-12 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD God, That I will send a famine in the land, Not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, But of hearing the words of the LORD:  And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, They shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Wake up my brothers and sisters! Study, hide God's Words in your hearts,write it down on your hearts,memorize, meditate on them, buy yourselves the oil!  Time is running out! 

• This is Worthy 1

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

Not saying there is a contradiction, just don't think our walk can be reduced to 'consider yourself dead to sin but alive to God'. Quick formulas are appealing at first but in due time have their shortcomings.

Well, I am now entering my 12th year of this ‘quick formula’, lol, and my life is literally 180 degrees different than before. What God has, by His grace, asked me to share,  works, and as I have said, this doorway of reckoning ourselves dead to sin and alive unto Him is simply the beginning of our abiding in Him. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/18/2018 at 8:19 PM, Yowm said:

Apparently, some don't need sound doctrine, they have a 'personal relationship' with Jesus, (I guess He teaches them directly all they need to know). Anyways, don't question their doctrine or you will be labeled 'insensitive'.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:11 AM, Butero said:

I may be missing something, but has anyone actually said they don't need to study the Bible because Jesus teaches them all they need to know without it?  They may have, but I haven't seen it.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:15 AM, Yowm said:

Yes, it was a carry over issue from another thread.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, Yowm said:

Since NotMe is making the charges let him bring forth the post.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:45 AM, Yowm said:

Really? Someone makes up a mythical charge and it is up to me to go find it?

On 4/19/2018 at 11:49 AM, pg4Him said:

In fairness to Not Me, it was Yowm who derailed this thread on the very first page with a carry-over complaint about “some people” in a different thread. When a few of us asked about this carry-over we got a passive aggressive song and dance. 

I agree there’s not much point in rehashing it anymore because we have all seen what we need to see.

I post these quotes here from this thread so that I may say I'm not ready to be a part of this message board. There are enough games going on in this world that I would hope an online house of God could be a safe haven void of games and trickery.  My days are spent in deep study and in taking exams, and in reading the posts here the last couple days I don't find this a restful or safe place to unwind. I came here to read and take part in good discussions but I'm afraid to open my mouth or share my opinion. I commend those of you who are able to stand strong in the discussions when they turn ugly. I for one am not able to stand strong. So I've seen what I need to see too, and I have no problem admitting that I don't have what it takes to be here. With that, I'll leave now, and I wish you all the best. Pray that my faith will be made stronger. Thank you. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, Shiloh Peace said:

I post these quotes here from this thread so that I may say I'm not ready to be a part of this message board. There are enough games going on in this world that I would hope an online house of God could be a safe haven void of games and trickery.  My days are spent in deep study and in taking exams, and in reading the posts here the last couple days I don't find this a restful or safe place to unwind. I came here to read and take part in good discussions but I'm afraid to open my mouth or share my opinion. I commend those of you who are able to stand strong in the discussions when they turn ugly. I for one am not able to stand strong. So I've seen what I need to see too, and I have no problem admitting that I don't have what it takes to be here. With that, I'll leave now, and I wish you all the best. Pray that my faith will be made stronger. Thank you. 

Don't leave....this is good training and exercising of our LOVE walk....kind of lets us see where we are in it....don't let the beliefs of others offend you...I will pray for you that you will be an overcomer and that you will be able to put on your spiritual armor before entering in the battle zones (lol as i call it sometimes).....I will pray that you will be able to guard your heart so that the arrows the enemy tries to shoot into your heart cannot penetrate. 

God Bless.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,541
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

The bible teaches us to live by every word. The scriptures consider yourself dead  is a very inportant truth. But then and alive also a inportsnt truth. The walk with God is based on all truth. Its says put on the new man. Meaning walk in righteousness. Not only puting sin out of our life. But walkimg in the love of God. Doing good is righteousness. And if we know to do good and dont do it it is sin. Worshiping God daily is inporyant too. Lets walk in the whole word of God. 

8 hours ago, Butero said:

How does one have faith to live above sin at all times, and never lose that faith on occasion and find themselves sinning?  

You said you walk in victory.  You got rid of your grave clothes, yet you will on occasion sin, but far less often than before.  That is gradual sanctification, or at least it sounds like it.  We are growing in grace, and we automatically sin less.  It is like we are dealing with terminology more than major differences.  It is like you came to see the problem is lack of faith, rather than a struggle with the flesh, but what you are dealing with is still the same thing we all deal with, being tempted, and occasionally messing up, but failing less often as we are continuing in the faith.  It is just that one person sees this as a battle not to give in to sin, and you see it as a battle not to lose your faith.  Am I missing something here?  I am trying my best to fully understand your doctrine.  Thanks.

I pray I can answer you to your satisfaction. 

Let me explain it this way. When we commonly talk about progressive sanctification, we most commonly think that we grow from being old natured Christians to being new natured ones. But that is not the case. Hidden in that assumption is a premise of unbelief. Do we believe the old us is dead, truly gone? Yes or no? 

In  the case above, no. And if we do not believe we’re truly dead, then what does Paul tell us in Romans 7? He that is dead is freed from the law. And the converse is.... he that is not dead is not freed from it. Please understand the the law Paul is speaking about is not the Mosaic law, for his audience was gentiles from Rome. It is the law of sin and death. It was summed up though just as the Mosaic law was. “If you sin, you will die.” Both laws operate under one common premise. Self effort. 

So if we are still under the law of self effort, meaning it is up to us to stop sinning, what do we find? The strength of sin is the law! That is why no matter how hard we try to stop, we end up trappedin Romans chapter 7. We want to stop sinning, but we cannot. We want to love as we are commanded but we cannot. 

There is one escape from our dilemma. Only one thing releases us from the requirements of the law. Death. 

So we see that any victory we desire to walk in over sin requires that.... well, we die. And praise God, we did with Christ! Now some will argue, “Well, if that is true, then why do we still sin?” That is easy. It is “according to your faith be it unto you.” These truths do not profit us unless they are mixed with faith. Faith is the “activating ingredient”. 

So, back to walking in victory. When we make our stand of faith, and we believe we truly are dead, we do not get sanctified ‘a little bit’. We are perfectly sanctified! Totally Holy! Anyone who has their feet planted on the highway of holiness is fully sanctified. Their very nature is new.... at their core. What IS progressive about it is the working of that inward purity outward. 

Our  normal way is to try to become sanctified from the outside in. So we work on our bad visible sins first, then go deeper into smaller ones, and then, theoretically, we work on the thoughts and intents of our hearts. Unfortunately, we never get to the point of succeeding, do we?  This was the path the Pharisees took. What did Jesus say to them. Outwardly, whited sepulcher. Inside? Dead men’s bones. Outside to inside is doomed to failure. 

Outwardly, it may seem there are similarities between what God has asked me to share and what we commonly assume as how to become holy. Both seem “progressive”.But what is commonly thought as how it works is trying to grow from old man to new man. But remember. No death. No victory. 

Ahh, but when we truly see our impotency as long as our old nature remains alive, and finally hate him, we grab hold by faith the truth, that we already are dead. The progressive part? That is the working outward what God has given us. It shows up as fruit. We are pure, totally holy! What we are asked to do is continue to believe. To walk by faith. That is why  Jesus said “If you continue in my words, then you are my disciples indeed, and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. You asked how to make sure you have faith? We continue. If we fall, we get up. We arm ourselves with the truth again. And we continue!  Failure is then impossible. 

“As you have received Him, so walk ye in Him.” How did we receive Him? By faith, How to we grow up into Him in all things? We continue in the faith, with our shield held high. Our sanctification is already complete. Our enjoyment of it and our displaying it is not.... yet. 

But as we fight our good fight of faith to which we all have been called, we find that our faith grows. And in the end, we become established in it. There is no more slipping there. None. We abide. He keeps. 

I am not sure if this answers all of your excellent and grace filled questions, but as always, I will do my very best to explain any issues you might have. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Who is the 'we' when you say something like "We are saying the same things" or "The only thing is we are saying ...or "All we’re trying to say is" ...?

You are assuming that others like myself have not already gone through that teaching and experienced it. I'm just saying there are so many more precious promises to hold on to. Why narrow God to only one promise?

My brother in Christ, Yowm;

When I used the word “we” I meant Gideon and myself. But there have been others that have wrote extensively on the subject of what it means to be “dead in Christ and alive unto God” Watchman Nee and Andrew Murray, just to name a couple.    

As far as you or anybody else knowing by experience what it means to be dead in Christ,  that’s not for me to judge. But there is a very simple test that one can use to tell? It is simply, are they walking a victorious Christian life?  Seeing how Christ only gave one way that a believer could walk in newness of life,  and that was by “reckoning ones self dead onto sin but alive unto God”. So the test is quite simple, all a believer has to do is ask themselves are they living a victorious Christian life? If the answer is yes than they have “reckoned themselves dead onto sin and alive onto God”. If they are not, than they may have, like Gideon mentioned “head knowledge” of this truth, but it has yet to be known by them by experience. So whether a believer has or has not, that is between the believer and Jesus. I’m just testifying that the truth exists. And it is for all that are willing to search it out.  So blessings to you and praise God for this truth! 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

Guest Butero
3 hours ago, Gideon said:

I pray I can answer you to your satisfaction. 

Let me explain it this way. When we commonly talk about progressive sanctification, we most commonly think that we grow from being old natured Christians to being new natured ones. But that is not the case. Hidden in that assumption is a premise of unbelief. Do we believe the old us is dead, truly gone? Yes or no? 

In  the case above, no. And if we do not believe we’re truly dead, then what does Paul tell us in Romans 7? He that is dead is freed from the law. And the converse is.... he that is not dead is not freed from it. Please understand the the law Paul is speaking about is not the Mosaic law, for his audience was gentiles from Rome. It is the law of sin and death. It was summed up though just as the Mosaic law was. “If you sin, you will die.” Both laws operate under one common premise. Self effort. 

So if we are still under the law of self effort, meaning it is up to us to stop sinning, what do we find? The strength of sin is the law! That is why no matter how hard we try to stop, we end up trappedin Romans chapter 7. We want to stop sinning, but we cannot. We want to love as we are commanded but we cannot. 

There is one escape from our dilemma. Only one thing releases us from the requirements of the law. Death. 

So we see that any victory we desire to walk in over sin requires that.... well, we die. And praise God, we did with Christ! Now some will argue, “Well, if that is true, then why do we still sin?” That is easy. It is “according to your faith be it unto you.” These truths do not profit us unless they are mixed with faith. Faith is the “activating ingredient”. 

So, back to walking in victory. When we make our stand of faith, and we believe we truly are dead, we do not get sanctified ‘a little bit’. We are perfectly sanctified! Totally Holy! Anyone who has their feet planted on the highway of holiness is fully sanctified. Their very nature is new.... at their core. What IS progressive about it is the working of that inward purity outward. 

Our  normal way is to try to become sanctified from the outside in. So we work on our bad visible sins first, then go deeper into smaller ones, and then, theoretically, we work on the thoughts and intents of our hearts. Unfortunately, we never get to the point of succeeding, do we?  This was the path the Pharisees took. What did Jesus say to them. Outwardly, whited sepulcher. Inside? Dead men’s bones. Outside to inside is doomed to failure. 

Outwardly, it may seem there are similarities between what God has asked me to share and what we commonly assume as how to become holy. Both seem “progressive”.But what is commonly thought as how it works is trying to grow from old man to new man. But remember. No death. No victory. 

Ahh, but when we truly see our impotency as long as our old nature remains alive, and finally hate him, we grab hold by faith the truth, that we already are dead. The progressive part? That is the working outward what God has given us. It shows up as fruit. We are pure, totally holy! What we are asked to do is continue to believe. To walk by faith. That is why  Jesus said “If you continue in my words, then you are my disciples indeed, and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. You asked how to make sure you have faith? We continue. If we fall, we get up. We arm ourselves with the truth again. And we continue!  Failure is then impossible. 

“As you have received Him, so walk ye in Him.” How did we receive Him? By faith, How to we grow up into Him in all things? We continue in the faith, with our shield held high. Our sanctification is already complete. Our enjoyment of it and our displaying it is not.... yet. 

But as we fight our good fight of faith to which we all have been called, we find that our faith grows. And in the end, we become established in it. There is no more slipping there. None. We abide. He keeps. 

I am not sure if this answers all of your excellent and grace filled questions, but as always, I will do my very best to explain any issues you might have. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Thank you Gideon for spending so much time explaining your position.  I am honestly not sure you can fully explain it to my satisfaction, but I really do appreciate you doing your best.  I guess if I had one last question, which is really something I asked earlier, it would be this.  When you lose your faith enough to where you occasionally, but less frequently fall into sin, are you putting the grave clothes back on, and when you see you messed up and by faith start walking like a born again child of God, have your then removed the grave clothes another time?  

Thanks again Gideon for your patience and for continuing to explain where you are coming from.