IGNORED

Everything That Can Be Shaken Is About To Be...

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Like I've said over and over there is way more to the Christian life than a quick formula for victory. I've read Nee's books 35 years ago, well aquainted,but there is sooo much more promises to hold on to for fruitfulness. You'll learn in time.

Dearest Yowm; 

These truths will be waiting for you, when you despair of life or want a deeper walk with Jesus. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

29 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Dearest Not Me;

Been there, done that, (am still doing that) bought the T-shirt and have had to wash it plenty of times.

I will just pray for your subtle ( and I mean subtle) way of speaking condescendingly to others as well as assuming what they have been through with the Lord. It impresses me in the least.

Gonna add an amen here. There are many on the boards who have walked with the Lord for many years, and I'm not impressed with the tone of your posts either. They carry the flavor, if you will, of someone who thinks they are at some higher level in the Christian life, and its getting rather old. Pfft.

Jesus said become a servant of all.

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Anyone calling themself not me most be talking for the lord right ? Maybe he is a pope lol.

:laugh:

That job was taken last I heard . . . 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Butero said:

Thank you Gideon for spending so much time explaining your position.  I am honestly not sure you can fully explain it to my satisfaction, but I really do appreciate you doing your best.  I guess if I had one last question, which is really something I asked earlier, it would be this.  When you lose your faith enough to where you occasionally, but less frequently fall into sin, are you putting the grave clothes back on, and when you see you messed up and by faith start walking like a born again child of God, have your then removed the grave clothes another time?  

Thanks again Gideon for your patience and for continuing to explain where you are coming from.  

Oh man, greatly beloved of God, my brother Butero, 

If you would allow me to be so bold and enter into this conversation; 

Ask yourself this one question; How could you be guaranteed to never sin again? There is but one way. That is if right now you died. If you were to die, you would be “freed from sin”. Sin would have no more power over you. Sin would still be there but you could not respond to it, for you were dead. If we’re honest with ourselfs it is “us” that causes us our problems. We are “him” that causes us grief. If it wasn’t for “us” we would have no problems. So if we were to die we’d be free from “us” the cause of our problems. Christ came to get rid of the “sin factory” which is “us”. It is our life in this world that must be given up. In my life it was when I was willing to die rather than to sin that this truth was opened up to me. This “truth” has to be seen inwardly. But it is “REAL” it is the one and only way to live a victorious Christian life. I don’t know if your familiar with a author by the name of Watchman Nee. He wrote a book titled “Normal Christian Life” it is a excellent read. But he has a section in there called the “meaning and value of Romans 7” which will say the same things that Gideon or myself are trying to share just using different words. Sometimes reading the same truth from different people helps it to sink in. This truth of our being “dead in Christ” is most crucial in someone life if they want to go on with God. This is the one and only  way to walk in newness of life,  where it’s not a struggle,  but a pleasure to walk before God. I realize these words may be hard to comprehend but take them before God and ask Him if there’s any truth in them. But by all means keep that open heart before God. For it’s that open heart that He can teach. Hope this helps if you’d like me to recommend some more books you can read on this subject I can, just let me know. But I can’t stress enough this truth is real and for  anybody who’s willing to pay the price. And what is that price? It is actually all that you have and all that you are, it is your life.  But the new life that Christ has for us, makes the old like nothing, in comparison. If it helps it’s when a man comes to the end of himself that he is in a position to receive these truths. As Paul said “I despaired of life” it’s this position we need to come to. Hope this helps your friend and brother in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

When we come to the end we become christians. Read 1 john he who is born again does not practice sin. 

34 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Dearest Not Me;

Been there, done that, (am still doing that) bought the T-shirt and have had to wash it plenty of times.

I will just pray for your subtle ( and I mean subtle) way of speaking condescendingly to others as well as assuming what they have been through with the Lord. It impresses me in the least.

Well when you want something deeper than a tie shirt Christ will be waiting for you.

But I will take all the prayers you like to pray for me. thanks 

Much love Not me

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Yowm this is for you. You are one of the most well verse christians on this site. We learn alot from your posts. And your a reasonable person too. Keep up the good work.

5 minutes ago, Not me said:

Well when you want something deeper than a tie shirt Christ will be waiting for you.

But I will take all the prayers you like to pray for me. thanks 

Much love Not me

Hmm . . . sorry, bud, but that's starting to sound a bit Gnostic. Just sayin'. Deeper Relationship was the same thing the Gnostics were claiming and were roundly condemned in Scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Lol pride !

Dear believer; 

It could be? Or I could be telling the truth. 

5 hours ago, walla299 said:

Gonna add an amen here. There are many on the boards who have walked with the Lord for many years, and I'm not impressed with the tone of your posts either. They carry the flavor, if you will, of someone who thinks they are at some higher level in the Christian life, and its getting rather old. Pfft.

Jesus said become a servant of all.

Dear believer; 

May I offer a suggestion?

It would be the same advice Gamaliel offered. “If this is of man it will come to nothing, but if it’s of God you can not overcome it”. 

Just a thought. 

Guest Butero
6 hours ago, Not me said:

Oh man, greatly beloved of God, my brother Butero, 

If you would allow me to be so bold and enter into this conversation; 

Ask yourself this one question; How could you be guaranteed to never sin again? There is but one way. That is if right now you died. If you were to die, you would be “freed from sin”. Sin would have no more power over you. Sin would still be there but you could not respond to it, for you were dead. If we’re honest with ourselfs it is “us” that causes us our problems. We are “him” that causes us grief. If it wasn’t for “us” we would have no problems. So if we were to die we’d be free from “us” the cause of our problems. Christ came to get rid of the “sin factory” which is “us”. It is our life in this world that must be given up. In my life it was when I was willing to die rather than to sin that this truth was opened up to me. This “truth” has to be seen inwardly. But it is “REAL” it is the one and only way to live a victorious Christian life. I don’t know if your familiar with a author by the name of Watchman Nee. He wrote a book titled “Normal Christian Life” it is a excellent read. But he has a section in there called the “meaning and value of Romans 7” which will say the same things that Gideon or myself are trying to share just using different words. Sometimes reading the same truth from different people helps it to sink in. This truth of our being “dead in Christ” is most crucial in someone life if they want to go on with God. This is the one and only  way to walk in newness of life,  where it’s not a struggle,  but a pleasure to walk before God. I realize these words may be hard to comprehend but take them before God and ask Him if there’s any truth in them. But by all means keep that open heart before God. For it’s that open heart that He can teach. Hope this helps if you’d like me to recommend some more books you can read on this subject I can, just let me know. But I can’t stress enough this truth is real and for  anybody who’s willing to pay the price. And what is that price? It is actually all that you have and all that you are, it is your life.  But the new life that Christ has for us, makes the old like nothing, in comparison. If it helps it’s when a man comes to the end of himself that he is in a position to receive these truths. As Paul said “I despaired of life” it’s this position we need to come to. Hope this helps your friend and brother in Christ, Not me

I do believe the old man of sin died when we were born again.  I am really just trying to get Gideon to explain what looks like possible inconsistencies.  I am not opposing him.  I am just trying to get some things straightened out so I fully understand him before making any judgments about what he is saying.  

I have read some of Watchman Nee's material.