• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Oh, dear brother, yes! There is a huge difference between willful sin, which is spitting into the eye of the one who died for us, and one who is bound by a sin or sins he hates and longs to be delivered from. I am convinced by the Lord that deliverance, real actual freedom, is available for any who find themselves as captives to sin. 

God forgives each time we slip..... IF we hate our weakness and long to stop it but do not know the way. But if our repentance is slowly changed to “Grace  covers me so why sweat it?”, we have not been forgiven at all.    You see, we must also be careful. If we sin long enough, it can harden our hearts and what started out as real faith in Him can slowly become head knowledge. And this will happen so slowly that we will not even be aware it is even happening. 

The key is this. Is there a battle still going on inside us, even as we suffer defeat after defeat? If so, deliverance is coming and forgiveness keeps us in the Lord until it comes. But if we have finally resolved that no man can stop sinning, so “why beat ourselves up by it?” and we cast off the conviction of the Spirit as ‘being sin conscious’, we err greatly and put ourselves in dangerous territory. 

Blessings,

Gideon

Thank you Gideon. I was that man for many years but today I am free from them by His Grace. To those who struggle yet Love the Lord be sure of this The Lord has not forgotten or forsaken. If your heart is true he will set you free.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Not me said:

Oh my much beloved sister in Christ, if you will reread my OP you will see I was addressing “only” those people that are walking in their integrity of their hearts toward God”. So yes “those” people can trust what the peace of Christ in their hearts are telling them. For where does Christ dwell but in the heart of the believer. Scriptures says it like; “Let Christ dwell in your hearts by faith”. My OP was only to point believers to Christ, that we might grow up in Him in all things by increasing our personal relationship with Him. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

It is certainly possible for born again believers walking in the integrity of their heart to be deceived.  All the warnings in the bible against deception are addressed to those who belong to Christ.  If we think we cannot be deceived, that our hearts cannot deceive us......then we are deceived already.  Now is not the time to relax our guard, put our feet up, and congratulate ourselves on winning the last skirmish (that's a snare already)......the battle is only just beginning to warm up in these last days....soon will be the battle of the ages......spiritual as all get-out.  The devil is always waiting to devour what is birthed in us, the moment it is born, at every stage of the way.  

Edited by Heleadethme
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

It is certainly possible for born again believers walking in the integrity of their heart to be deceived.  All the warnings in the bible against deception are addressed to those who belong to Christ.  If we think we cannot be deceived, that our hearts cannot deceive us......then we are deceived already.  Now is not the time to relax our guard, put our feet up, and congratulate ourselves on winning the last skirmish (that's a snare already)......the battle is only just beginning to warm up in these last days....soon will be the battle of the ages......spiritual as all get-out.  The devil is always waiting to devour what is birthed in us, the moment it is born, at every stage of the way.  

My dearest Sister in Christ; 

I think it would depend on what kind/type of believer we’re talking about. If it’s a believer who is not walking in the integrity of their hearts toward God, yes  they are on shaky ground. But a believer who keeps their heart right with /before God has a firm and secure foundation. For I think Christ is strong enough to keep a believer who’s heart is after Him. For if Christ is not strong enough to keep a believer who’s heart is stayed on Him, what security has any believer at any time? For scripture says. “I will keep him in perfect peace who’s heart is stayed on Christ”. For  God is more than capable of fulfilling His promises. For as Paul says “I trust Him with that which I’ve committed to Him”. But what I say really doesn’t matter as long as you are listening to  what your “relationship with Christ” is teaching you. For all truth needs to be “born inwardly”. So keep your heart right before the Lord and I will do likewise. So that we are on our course(s) back to the one Who loves us. So I wish you all the love in Christ. 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Col 3:15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Col 3:15  And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

6 hours ago, Willa said:

Col 3:15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Col 3:15  And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

Blessing to you Willa; 

Such a timely and on point scripture. Blessed are you for knowing the truth of this scripture. Those that do, are what the pillars of God in Heaven are made of. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Not me said:

I think it would depend on what kind/type of believer we’re talking about. If it’s a believer who is not walking in the integrity of their hearts toward God, yes  they are on shaky ground. But a believer who keeps their heart right with /before God has a firm and secure foundation. For I think Christ is strong enough to keep a believer who’s heart is after Him. For if Christ is not strong enough to keep a believer who’s heart is stayed on Him, what security has any believer at any time? For scripture says. “I will keep him in perfect peace who’s heart is stayed on Christ”. For  God is more than capable of fulfilling His promises. For as Paul says “I trust Him with that which I’ve committed to Him”. But what I say really doesn’t matter as long as you are listening to  what your “relationship with Christ” is teaching you. For all truth needs to be “born inwardly”. So keep your heart right before the Lord and I will do likewise. So that we are on our course(s) back to the one Who loves us. So I wish you all the love in Christ. 

We have to be very carefull, this is not easy to say it, but we have many examples in the NT, from they disciples lifes, that they had peace in their hearts and were wrong, now is the time to say it.

There is a reason why the scriptures say walk in the spirit of God, did not say just walk in our own spirit, and thinking that because our wish is to walk in the Spirit of God, then we must be walking by disire alone.  

This is why Jesus was saying to the believers in the book of revelation, 

I knock on your door and you do not open, and you have your peace, thinking you are doing the right thing, seeing me as the enemy , who has come to take your peace away, correcting you, trying to change your course, your understanding.

Peter said to Jesus, Do not  trouble my heart and say you will die. 

Peter's haert was not anger in the truth, but he had peace in his own conviction. 

If you tell a believer or unbeliever, something they do not agree with, their hearts will be trouble, the comfussion maybe with them, but they will accused you as a trouble maker.

That's why Jesus said, you will tell them the truth, do not throw your pearls to. They will not accept them and use them as a reason to prosecute you. 

Paul prosecute the faith to have and mantain peace in his heart as a Jew. They kill Jesus, and when God did not saved him , they had peace in their heart, believing that God approve them.

I understand that is not easy for the Lord to come against our peace, but then he came against Peter's peace when he sent him to Cornelius family. 

And when Paul started saying the same as the Lord proved to Peter to his visit to Cornelius family, that he accept the unsircumsine as they are. 

• Loved it! 1

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

We have to be very carefull, this is not easy to say it, but we have many examples in the NT, from they disciples lifes, that they had peace in their hearts and were wrong, now is the time to say it.

There is a reason why the scriptures say walk in the spirit of God, did not say just walk in our own spirit, and thinking that because our wish is to walk in the Spirit of God, then we must be walking by disire alone.  

This is why Jesus was saying to the believers in the book of revelation, 

I knock on your door and you do not open, and you have your peace, thinking you are doing the right thing, seeing me as the enemy , who has come to take your peace away, correcting you, trying to change your course, your understanding.

Peter said to Jesus, Do not  trouble my heart and say you will die. 

Peter's haert was not anger in the truth, but he had peace in his own conviction. 

If you tell a believer or unbeliever, something they do not agree with, their hearts will be trouble, the comfussion maybe with them, but they will accused you as a trouble maker.

That's why Jesus said, you will tell them the truth, do not throw your pearls to. They will not accept them and use them as a reason to prosecute you. 

Paul prosecute the faith to have and mantain peace in his heart as a Jew. They kill Jesus, and when God did not saved him , they had peace in their heart, believing that God approve them.

I understand that is not easy for the Lord to come against our peace, but then he came against Peter's peace when he sent him to Cornelius family. 

And when Paul started saying the same as the Lord proved to Peter to his visit to Cornelius family, that he accept the unsircumsine as they are. 

Dear sister in Christ;

Unless you are using a extreme paraphrase I think your quoting of scripture are a little off center. I am not your judge, just a fellow believer serving Jesus and following Him to the best of my ability. So I really don’t understand what you are trying to say. I have no problem having a conversation with you on any subject you’d choose, but I need to understand what your trying to say. It could be me though and my lack of understanding, either way I wish you all the love of Christ. 

15 hours ago, Not me said:

His peace He gives us, but not as the world gives.  I have to be honest, but I'm finding it hard to understand why someone who is of Christ would have trouble agreeing with the simple but necessary warnings and admonitions of scripture....regarding deception..... and that we are to test the spirits and test all things.....especially since we are in perilous days now.  We are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling....if someone comes along and hasn't been testing all things in the fear of the Lord, and can't even agree in principle with that (His) word, then it is hard to have confidence in what they are bringing.  It's not reassuring....it makes me concerned.  There are many of the world who have peace, Buddhists, Hindus, new agers etc.  Many Christians too, they wouldn't consider themselves to be followers of those religions in name, but who practice yoga and such and claim to have peace, but are filling up with deceptive evil spirits, unbeknownst to them.

It's not a matter of whether Christ is strong enough....He can do anything He wants at any time.....but in His wisdom and will He has sent us out as sheep among wolves, He has placed us in the middle of a battlefield...might as well call it a minefield.  We are in a war and to win it we need to fight according to His word and way, not the way that seemeth so right to us.  He also is particular about how we worship and serve Him, not with strange fire.  It's dangerous to be dismissive of His word....and when I say His word I'm not talking about the letter.   For your own sake, I urge you to test and sift everything by His word and with His Help.  I'm not saying everything is off, but mixture in itself means tainted, and means something needs purifying.  I have had to do that as well, put things on the altar, poured some cherished beliefs back out to the Lord, and asked Him to sift and burn away whatever was not of Him.  And He was so faithful to purify and rightly divide things I had been believing, but without the wrong parts which were deceiving me, and He separated out and cleansed my heart of some wrong things that had entangled it.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Not me said:

Dear brother in Christ;

Unless you are using a extreme paraphrase I think your quoting of scripture are a little off center. I am not your judge, just a fellow believer serving Jesus and following Him to the best of my ability. So I really don’t understand what you are trying to say. I have no problem having a conversation with you on any subject you’d choose, but I need to understand what your trying to say. It could be me though and my lack of understanding, either way I wish you all the love of Christ. 

I am trying with examples to show that following the peace in our heart is not an indication that we follow Jesus in specific situations.   

Here is an example, we know that by the time Peter was asked by the Lord to go to Cornelius house  who were. (unsircumsine Gentiles)And it was forbidden to enter a Gentiles house, and Peter has never enter or proposed to enter into one, and neither any of the disciples, because of the Law of clean and unclean, that they believe they will loose the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit will not associate with anything unclean. 

So as a result Peter was deeply trouble in himself, in his heart. 

And he could have guarded his heart or the peace in his heart by rebuking the Spirit that trouble his heart perceiving it as a deceiving spirit, the reason being that the Holy Spirit was guiding him in a new understanding. 

It was leading him in Jesus way , a new way of Jesus having made everything clean, that the Gentiles or unclean Jews they did not need to be made clean by the Jewish customs, because the whole world was made clean by the blood of Jesus Christ, one new man in the world, no more Jew and Gentiles.  

The same thing can happen to us, that time being indroduce to something new may trouble our heart, that's how we renew our mind and reprogrammed our selfs. Later when the other disciples at first heard the events of Peter entering Cornelius house, they said that Peter followed a strange spirit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Not me said:

Dear sister in Christ;

I pray and plead that you do try to prayerfully understand what our friendnt is saying, it's truly worth it.....Godly wisdom, praise the Lord.  It is showing examples of times in the bible when people had peace in some wrong understanding.....and the Lord in His love and care and wisdom had to disturb their peace for their own sakes, and for His purposes and glory.  Glory to Jesus.....precious truth.

• Thanks 1