• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Not me said:

My apologies Sister, no offense was intended. If you don’t want to call what you have with Christ “a relationship” that’s fine. I can tell you have a “walk with God” So blessings to you and may your heart be filled with Himself in a new and awesome way. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Good morning brother. This is an excellent OP. We do have a relationship with the Father, but here is what most of us have missed, myself included for almost four decades. 

We have been bought with a price and we are no longer our own.

We were slaves to sin and the devil. We now ARE to walk as servants to God. And He longs to reign over us, so that He can protect us, change us, grow us in Christlikeness and bless us with His presence 24/7/365.

We are told that we must count the cost of following Him. So..... have  We? We have been told it is all free. What Christ offers us is free..... if we are willing to become His servants and stop living for us. 

The devil would twist this truth into something horrible, restrictive, legalistic, hard and NOT FUN! LOL. But let us think on this. The prodigal son was indeed a son, but with the mentality we have, for the most part, walked by. And what was that? 

Christ is here to help us in OUR lives

And what happened. He followed that path only to find heartache, uncertainty, humiliation, fear and defeat. 

And we are told, when he came to Himself, face down in the hogtrough of life, and realized that even his father’s servants have it better rhan him, he returned and told the father he was not worthy to be called a son, and pleaded with the father to just let him serve the father. 

Finally, he hated his old self loving nature. He was willing to count the cost .... and pay it. And what happened?  The prodigal discovered the full benefits of being a son! As a servant! 

There is no greater joy than finally telling God we want Him to be ALL IN ALL in us!  Now that is the relationship God wants for us..... in order to bless us!

blessings,

Gids

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

I'm not offended.  Just trying to help is all.  We do have a living relationship with a living God.  BUT it depends entirely on how one understands the nature of that relationship.  It's far too vague and subjective to use that word to try and encompass the entire gospel in it....it leaves the door wide open for error.  I've seen it......and souls are at stake, where they will end up for eternity, so it is not a light matter.

If one has truly has a “living relationship with Christ” do you not think that relationship will keep that believers heart right before the Lord? 

Gotta go to work. 

Blessing yo you my sister in Christ. 

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, Not me said:

If one has truly has a “living relationship with Christ” do you not think that relationship will keep that believers heart right before the Lord? 

Gotta go to work. 

Blessing yo you my sister in Christ. 

If you mean automatically, then no.  Having a relationship is not the same as keeping it.  The Lord is quite particular as to how He expects to be worshiped, and doesn't allow strange fire or spiritual adultery in the relationship.  The penalty for strange fire is death.....spiritual death.  So it is for us to learn how to serve Him and give Him His due, as we mature and grow.  He doesn't expect as much from babies and children, but He requires more from us as we become adolescents then adults in His family.  And a child that stops growing....doesn't have life.....so maturing is not really optional, we do need to keep growing and in that way not take our relationship with God for granted.  Funny thing about fear of the Lord, it's only when we fear Him that we don't need to, much like it's only once we heed His warnings in scripture and take them seriously, that we don't need them...so to speak.

Have a good day at work, brother.

52 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Good morning brother. This is an excellent OP. We do have a relationship with the Father, but here is what most of us have missed, myself included for almost four decades. 

We were slaves to sin and the devil. We now ARE to walk as servants to God. And He longs to reign over us, so that He can protect us, change us, grow us in Christlikeness and bless us with His presence 24/7/365.

We are told that we must count the cost of following Him. So..... have  We? We have been told it is all free. What Christ offers us is free..... if we are willing to become His servants and stop living for us. 

The devil would twist this truth into something horrible, restrictive, legalistic, hard and NOT FUN! LOL. But let us think on this. The prodigal son was indeed a son, but with the mentality we have, for the most part, walked by. And what was that? 

And what happened. He followed that path only to find heartache, uncertainty, humiliation, fear and defeat. 

And we are told, when he came to Himself, face down in the hogtrough of life, and realized that even his father’s servants have it better rhan him, he returned and told the father he was not worthy to be called a son, and pleaded with the father to just let him serve the father. 

Finally, he hated his old self loving nature. He was willing to count the cost .... and pay it. And what happened?  The prodigal discovered the full benefits of being a son! As a servant! 

There is no greater joy than finally telling God we want Him to be ALL IN ALL in us!  Now that is the relationship God wants for us..... in order to bless us!

blessings,

Gids

Gideon, I don't disagree with all that you are saying.........but do you really agree with the OP that we should go by whatever our hearts tell us?  Is that what the bible teaches?  I consider it a dangerous thing to say and not rightly dividing the word of truth at all......I don't say it to be malicious or contentious.....but out of concern.  That really needs to be re-examined.  We need to be grounded and anchored in the word.   Once I was in a situation where I was sorely tempted......and I sure had to deny what my heart was telling me, in order to follow Jesus and not fall into disastrous sin.  Even though it seemethed so right to me, and I had all the justification in the world.  Jesus says to deny our self, not listen to it. 

• Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

33 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Gideon, I don't disagree with all that you are saying.........but do you really agree with the OP that we should go by whatever our hearts tell us?  Is that what the bible teaches?  I consider it a dangerous thing to say and not rightly dividing the word of truth at all......I don't say it to be malicious or contentious.....but out of concern.  That really needs to be re-examined.  We need to be grounded and anchored in the word.   Once I was in a situation where I was sorely tempted......and I sure had to deny what my heart was telling me, in order to follow Jesus and not fall into disastrous sin.  Even though it seemethed so right to me, and I had all the justification in the world.  Jesus says to deny our self, not listen to it. 

Oh my much beloved sister in Christ, if you will reread my OP you will see I was addressing “only” those people that are walking in their integrity of their hearts toward God”. So yes “those” people can trust what the peace of Christ in their hearts are telling them. For where does Christ dwell but in the heart of the believer. Scriptures says it like; “Let Christ dwell in your hearts by faith”. My OP was only to point believers to Christ, that we might grow up in Him in all things by increasing our personal relationship with Him. 

51 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

51 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Here is what you may be missing. When we finally come into agreement with God that we no longer live but Christ now lives in us,  He is in charge, not us. We are yoked together, yes, but He is now the pilot, unlike before. 

We are told that the Holy Spirit is our ‘umpire’, telling us whether to go left or right, or what to do in the situations of life. Thus it is the peace of God that rules in our life.

So think about it. If it really is no longer I that live, but Christ who now lives in me, is my heart still ‘desperately wicked and who can know it?  No. We have PURE hearts deep inside us, and by continuing in the faith of what Christ accomplished with His (and our) death and resurrection, that purity continues to work outwardly, showing up as fruits of Christ dwelling in us now as the captain of our ship. 

Will this inner voice of God go against His own word? Ever? Impossible! This does not mean we forget the Bible. We treasure His Word to us.  It is our life! But our hearts now are perfectly in tune with it, and we know that He will never lead us astray. This is one of the biggest aspects of entering the rest that remains for the people of God. We will NOT follow another. We hear His voice because we are totally His. 

When the new covenant is presented to us in Ezekiel 36, we are told this  one amazing thing. 

No one is going to have to tell you ‘Know ye the Lord’, for they shall all know me, from the least to the greatest

Is that not amazing?? That, dear sister is the relationship God wants with me, with you, with every single one of His children. He wants to be ONE with us. No more will it be me, here, saved but sort of alone, and God up in heaven, there, watching over us. Here is the mystery. Christ IN us!  And He will never lead us astray. 

This that is being spoken about is the highway OF holiness, not the highway TO it. And what does God promise us about this highway? No ravenous beast will dwell there and a man, though he be a fool, shall not err therein. Glory to God, it is a safe place to dwell!

If we find the inner voice tells us something contrary to His written word, then we are being tempted to be led astray and listen to the enemy. But that is rare and generally found only when we have newly entered our good fight of faith and getting our footing. Ai did not happen to the Israelites after many battles. It happened almost immediately after they entered the land of promise. What was the lesson of Ai? Always lean upon God and never have confidence in yourself apart from God in you. But God will always be found giving us  a peace... HIS peace...  with His inner instructions, and that Satan cannot duplicate. 

I understand how hard it is to understand what is being shared. I really do. One thing that happens when we finally ‘get it’, and want to walk in our new nature so badly that we hate our old man for its weight upon us, is that we have our minds renewed. We do not think like old natured people. We do not think like citizens of this world. We truly understand that we are sojourner here, awaiting our heavenly bodies. But our natures, our spirits are already new! 

If you have any qiestions whatsoever, I will be more than happy to do my best to explain my inderstanding of what I think the answer may be. Thank you for your graciousness in your previous questions. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

58 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Here is what you may be missing.

Here is what I may be missing.......or there is what was mis-stated?  Because it wasn't saying what the scriptures say.

I will try to come back later and respond to the rest of what you are saying...have to go out now.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

blessings,

Gids

We have been bought with a price and we are no longer our own

And by the grace of GOD ,  it took not time at all for me to realize this truth .      The point I make is ,  this is available right now .

And the moment we are drawn to Christ ,   We have been AWAKENED.    From then on its learning FROM HIM time .

Those who have as you said  Anger issues for example ,     the answer is already in scriptures .     SUBMIT TO GOD , RESIST the DEVIL and HE will flee.

they do NOT have to wait for some spiritual awakening ,  IF they have the SPIRIT  all one needs to do IS OBEY the SPIRIT .   ANYONE who is truly

HIS , has already BEEN awaken.     You make it seem as though those who have Christ who are wallowing in sin simply need to just wait for an awakening .

THE TRUTH is , and is in scripture,   HE WHO SINS DOES NOT KNOW GOD .    The answers are already HERE .   

Things like this , and other examples you sometimes bring , are the reason I keep on trying to get you to see this .

I know you say ITS HERE NOW ,   but the way you keep telling some IS not the way the early church did things .   They never gave

those in sin in anyway some kind of pep speech about a coming awakening .   They never did that .  THEY said flat out , 

Let all who name the name of Christ depart now ,    Or he who sins KNOWS NOT GOD .    IN fact all I ever

heard  from the early church was a dire warning of how seducers would get worse , that in the last days perilous times would come.

And the main point is ,  all those MEN saw the coming of the LORD as being near,  and I never heard them speak of an end time enlightenment

or big revival,   it was only a falling away and an attitude of get RIGHT NOW ,  an attitude of  you know the tree by its fruits .

THOSE walking in willfull sin DO NOT KNOW HIM and are NOT HIS .     THEY no different than I once was  .   OH I could holler the name JESUS from time to time

BUT I NEVER KNEW HIM.    NEVER .    But on may thirtieth of two thousand and six,   ALL that by grace changed . 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

If a man has a strong hold or more than one so that he stumbles  multiple times, yet prays every day to be free, Does the Lord still have grace and compassion, long suffering . What would you say?

Can the Lord speak to us in personal ways as if he were standing next you. I say He does and has for me more than I can count.

Edited by Mike Mclees

2 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

I a man has a strong hold or more than one so that he stumbles  multiple times, yet prays every day to be free, Does the Lord still have grace and compassion, long suffering . What would you say?

Can the Lord speak to us in personal ways as if he were standing next you. I say He does and has for me more than I can count.

Oh, dear brother, yes! There is a huge difference between willful sin, which is spitting into the eye of the one who died for us, and one who is bound by a sin or sins he hates and longs to be delivered from. I am convinced by the Lord that deliverance, real actual freedom, is available for any who find themselves as captives to sin. 

God forgives each time we slip..... IF we hate our weakness and long to stop it but do not know the way. But if our repentance is slowly changed to “Grace  covers me so why sweat it?”, we have not been forgiven at all.    You see, we must also be careful. If we sin long enough, it can harden our hearts and what started out as real faith in Him can slowly become head knowledge. And this will happen so slowly that we will not even be aware it is even happening. 

The key is this. Is there a battle still going on inside us, even as we suffer defeat after defeat? If so, deliverance is coming and forgiveness keeps us in the Lord until it comes. But if we have finally resolved that no man can stop sinning, so “why beat ourselves up by it?” and we cast off the conviction of the Spirit as ‘being sin conscious’, we err greatly and put ourselves in dangerous territory. 

Blessings,

Gideon