Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

Christ came to undo what Adam had done. That is why He is called the “second Adam”. Christ came to bring to death, that life that Adam brought to life, and bring to life, that life that Adam brought to death. Since life can only end by death, and come to life by birth. It was necessary for Him to die, so that by the sacrifice of His life, He could bring to death that life that Adam brought to life. So that we being joined to Him in death, might die with Him. So that by His resurrection we might be resurrected with Him, so that we might walk in newness of life. This is the new birth or the new creation or Christ being formed in the believer. It is  the “pouring out” or the “giving up” of the life of this world that was/is necessary, and it is still necessary. For this salvation is to be appropriated only in this life, while a man can still die. (for once man passes thorough this life he can never die again, this is why salvation wasn’t offered to Satan for he cannot not die, but this is a subject for another time) This is why the command to “deny self” is so vital, for it is the “self life” that is the life of this world. For it was the fall into the “life of this world” that was our separation from God. Why you might ask, is the “life” of this world sinful? It is because the “life” of this world elevates itself above “that which is right”. (i.e. righteousness)

Much love in Christ, Not me