Sign in to follow this  
GreyDestiny

Something I did when I was younger

We had ice cube trays, and my brother and I would put things other than water in the trays to freeze into cubes. Like lemonade, Fanta, or Dr Pepper.

You could either pop these non-water ice cubes into your mouth as a snack (what we normally did), or you can put it into a drink. Lemonade cubes in lemonade to avoid it watering down, that kind of thing.

I've heard about people mixing different drinks with different ice cubes before in order to create a mixed taste in the drink, but I don't know much about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's similar to what my brothers and I did - made Milo drink (chocolate powder with milk) and froze them - not super fantastic but still different from the normal ice cubes and we thought it was cool at the time lol!!

• Thumbs Up 1

If you have dogs and the weather is hot fill empty plastic bottles with water, freeze then remove the lid ( in case they swallow it ) and give it to them ( outside ) It provides fun as they chase it and cools them down when it is hot 

You can also freeze stock in small ice cubes and remove just the right amount for your use 

5 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

If you have dogs and the weather is hot fill empty plastic bottles with water, freeze then remove the lid ( in case they swallow it ) and give it to them ( outside ) It provides fun as they chase it and cools them down when it is hot 

If you freeze 2 liter bottles or gallon milk jugs, remove rings and lids, and lay totally frozen on their side in a large enough container so that the melting ice will be contained, it will give your animals fresh water while you're gone for a few days.  (Don't leave this as their ONLY water source)  *elevation of the bottle will allow all of the melting water to slowly flow into the bowl or container 

LOL Good job I never leave my animals as my collie is addicted to chewing through plastic ..yes even garden fencing !!

Sign in to follow this