How effective are Gospel tracts?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone. How effective do you think Gospel tracts are? One of my friends has purchased these free Gospel tracts from www.gospeltracts.org, who is sharing the message of Christ with all people worldwide. It contains a simple Gospel message with Bible verses right there in the tract. So, what're your opinions on using Gospel tracts to witness?

The 5 Spirritual Effects Of The Sacrament Of Conformation.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Sierra Elii said:

Hi everyone. How effective do you think Gospel tracts are? One of my friends has purchased these free Gospel tracts from www.gospeltracts.org, who is sharing the message of Christ with all people worldwide. It contains a simple Gospel message with Bible verses right there in the tract. So, what're your opinions on using Gospel tracts to witness?

When the tracts are based upon the word found in the bible and not man's religion, and actually contain the gospel message, then a seed may be planted. I would be sure you are sharing the message of Jesus Christ of the bible, and not a false christ on earth. The one above is not a gospel tract explaining the simple good news of the bible. It is simply encouraging participation in mans dogma of a false religion to capture those unaware. I was involved in the same religion for thirty years. Then someone shared the TRUTH and a seed was planted, and eventually blossomed to a child being born. Be careful. In order to grow (spiritually), you first have to be born (spiritually). Ask God what He would have you do. Then listen. My opinion, as someone who has been there. May God help and direct you Sierra.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

If the tract is a product of the catholic religion it will be of no benifit to anyone..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

faith alone in Christ alone by grace alone... Catholicism is a false religion!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think that picture there is a good example. You say it includes bible verses, but I see none. Not only that, but it advertises the Catholic church.

The issue, it would seem to me, is that a tract is a lot like a postcard. You try to sound articulate on the postcard, but due to lack of space, it's just like, "The food here is good. I like pie and pizza." A tract, you are trying to simplify things that really aren't quite so simple, stuff that can have lots of intricate details. In fact, I think for just one topic, you'd need at least a small booklet to cover everything.

I get the idea of simplifying things, as most people aren't willing to take the time to read things. However, in my opinion, if that's their initial disposition, I don't think they'd be much interested in reading the bible, much less reading anything that they don't find relevant. They may be able to have a small effect among a small amount of the population, but you'd have to have a good balance (not too simple but not too complex) and really hit the nail on the head as far as the target audience goes.

Edited by GreyDestiny
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

If a tract is going to be effective at ALL, it must present the gospel message.

Otherwise, it's just a business card for a church.

I'm not much into tracts, although I know God can and has used some.  Most are either too watered down or too sensational or corrupt for much use.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

6 hours ago, bryan said:

Getting back to the original question, I looked into tracts from various sources a couple years ago.  Most seem to be negative and of the format "You're evil, attend church and get Jesus or you'll pay".  Not a great image to present people new to church.  A few tracts are positive and try asking questions about people's lives and get them to ask themselves questions about their beliefs.  Those seem to have a much better chance of planting a seed with someone to investigate Christianity.  

After hearing mostly about tracts making bad impressions, I stopped using them and instead try to be a good example that lead normal conversations with people to ask questions on their own.  

Heartily agree, bryan..........  I was with a few friends years ago, leaving a restaurant paying our bills, when our waitress came up to us and ask who left the fake twenty dollar bill with a Jesus loves you folded inside. She threw it at us.  It wasn't me, but I felt tremendous shame. Never left a tract again.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

I have a friend who has now been a Christian for over 30 years.   He was walking across campus, some group was handing out tracts, he took one just to be polite.  Later that day, he got to a class early, was bored, read it, and got saved on the the spot.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

On 4/20/2018 at 10:11 PM, Sierra Elii said:

The 5 Spirritual Effects Of The Sacrament Of Conformation.jpg

I'd point out a number of typos here.  Capitalize Jesus.  Holy Spirit in us, not Holy Spritin us.  fear of the Lord, not fear othe lord and many others.

Something is just striking me as off-kilter here.  The graphic above does not appear anywhere on the gospeltracts.org site.  I had to do a Bing search to find out more about Go! Evangelism and get to their main site.  From what I could tell, they seem to be an evangelical group committed to spreading the gospel through tracts.  I wish that they would put an online copy of their tracts to it was possible to see what is inside of them all.  There is only one shown (unless they are all the same with different titles and covers).

I don't know what the Sacrament of Confirmation has to do with gospeltracts.org (which seems to be an older web site for goevangelism.com).

Overall, I'm not a big tract person myself, but I know people who are and I've met people who became Christians through a tract ministry.

• Thumbs Up 1