Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Please add some advice for those that might be new to the faith.

Mine is: Have a daily quiet time of prayer and reading the Bible to help one grow spiritually.   Learn to flee temptation and try not to put yourself in temptations way in the first place, if possible.

Always remember 1 John 1:9....If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive  us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteouness.

Always remember you are a child of God through Jesus.  God loves you.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

" If you love me, keep my commandments"

John 14:15

Edited by Dan_79
grammar

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Everything you do now has eternal consequences >to that which 'IS' most important 'Jesus':

(from The People's New Testament, Biblesoft formatted electronic database Copyright © 2014 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Hebrews 12:1
So great a cloud of witnesses. The vast cloud of witnesses named in chapter 11, who testify by their lives to the power of faith.

Let us lay aside every weight. Every hindrance. The figure used is that of the Greek foot races in the games then practiced in every province of the Roman Empire, including Palestine. Before running the runner laid off every weight.
And the sin which doth so easily beset us. Our besetting sin, whatever it may be. In the case of these Hebrew Christians the context shows that the besetting sin was unbelief.
Let us run with patience the race that is set before us. Run the Christian race with steadfast perseverance.
Looking unto Jesus. In running, Jesus should be constantly regarded as the example.
Finisher of the faith. Not our faith, but the faith in the Greek. The Gospel, which rests upon faith, is meant rather than the individual faith of the saint. Jesus is its author and perfected it. He is the exemplar of all who live by faith. Hence we should look to him.
For the joy that was set before him. The joy of saving men and of sitting at God's right hand.
Endured the cross. Not only its pain, but its shame. It was in that age the most ignominious of deaths.
Set down at the right hand, etc. In the place of heavenly honor.
Consider him. When you become faint and discouraged by persecution, consider what Christ suffered from sinners.
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood. Have not been persecuted unto death.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

To stand firm in the face of adversity as now you know that the devil is your real foe . Now that the truth of this thing called life is revealed to you through the word of God, you now also realize that you have enemies that would want you to doubt your salvation and for you to go back to the old way or as Paul said the old man.

The world, the flesh and the devil would come to take away your peace, but you have and must fight the good fight of faith and know that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but principalities and powers and the rulers of darkness.  

That Jesus Christ to whom your salvation is found by his grace through your faith, is your rock, shield and buckler and to stand by the promises made by him and the word, even until death. The crown of eternal life are the reward for your soul.   Study to be approved, grow and mature in the things of the Lord.

To always remember, Jesus said that he would never leave your nor forsake you.  You always have to strive to live holy and a righteous life as written in the word of God, the bible. 

Memorize scripture verses.  In times or worship and adversity , lifting up your spirit with scripture is powerful.

Hebrews 13 King James Version (KJV)

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Many good things mentioned here I fully agree with.  I'll mention two more.

One. Each of us needs to learn to walk with God as the unique person He created us to be.   We need to each learn how prayer, Bible reading, being with other Christians, and other such things is best done at a particular time in our lives.  One of the quickest ways to frustration and burnout is simply copying what another Christian does without learning how it works best for us.

Two.  Remember that the gospel has two key components.  The first is the forgiveness of sins and the establishment of a relationship with God.  The second is that God has made us a new creation that reflects the individual uniqueness He created us with.  It is not about trying hard to change through willpower and discipline.  In other words, it is not about doing something any unsaved person can do like new year's resolutions and 5 steps to accomplishing behavioral change.   It is about being transformed from the inside out by the power of God.  Good deeds and freedom from sin are something that are meant to flow naturally from us as we are changed.  They are not things we force ourselves to do so as to behave properly.   Those passages in scripture which describe the Christian life are describing what we will become  as we spiritual grow and mature; they are not a checklist to achieve or fail at based solely on our own ability to use our willpower, discipline, strength, and resolve.  There are some things we can trivially change in our lives by making better choices.  However, there are some things that can only be changed through God's power and working in our lives.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Read the New Testament and before you start every reading session ask God to cause you to understand. And realize that many things read today may take months or even years to be fully revealed..  Once you finish the New Testament go back and start reading the Old Testament..  And when you finish that read the New Testament again..

Then you can go and ask questions to other Christians and discuss the Word of God with them and you can decide if you are going to join this denomination or that denomination or remain outside the denomination structures..

Too many people just walk into thje first church they see and allow themselves to be bottle fed by religious people and assume they are being fed the right formula.. This is akin to playing Russian roulette with your salvation..

Yeah some saved people had to go through a few wacky cults and a few twisted preachers before God finally took pity on them and lead them to the truth.. But you will save yourself a lot of pain and suffering if you just take the time and go to God directly and get the Word from the WORD..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I'm quite new myself, but my advise would be to take your time. It does no good to freak out and rush things. Take it slow. Pause. Reflect. Pray. Mistakes come with the territory, but there's no reason why one should try to avoid them if possible.

Not only that, but change is never immediate. I've tried forcing change so much, quite often through willpower and discipline as Gandalf stated, and I ended up just stressing out or burning out. Not that one should be too lax about things, of course, but again, just try and remain calm and take it slow.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

It’s not a competition. 

Guest Butero

Get a KJV Bible and begin reading in Matthew and read straight through, some every day.  Then go to Genesis and read through to the end of Revelation.  Once you have done that, develop a plan to continually read so many chapters a day for the rest of your life.

Pray every day and develop a relationship with God.  Abstain from sin, and when you mess up, confess your sins to God and ask his forgiveness, and try not to repeat the same mistakes, but learn from them.  Seek God's kingdom first, and order your life around God.  How will this decision effect my walk with God?