• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, Butero said:

I have a thread about the spiritual tree in Romans where I explain how gentile Christians are adopted Jews and share in the inheritance with the believing natural branches, so Jew in the natural and gentile have access by faith to the New Covenant.  

You did say something I want to ask about.  What happens to the 500 plus denominations?

Whoa. Good question. Here I want to make sure everyone knows that this is now my opinion only, and the Lord has not spoken to me about it. So, take it with a grain, or a barrel-ful, of salt. :)

I believe our entire church model will not be able to absorb the revelation of who we are in Christ. Will some ministers accept it as true and believe? Absolutely. Just as some Pharisees and Sadducees did. But they had to give up their  positions in the “church” of the Jews, the synogogue. But many more will reject it. There is too much pride to swallow to admit that they did not see this. It will be seen as a threat to their ways, and this will be seen as gross error. 

I also think our church model of large congregations with very little community and family feel will not survive as things wind down. I suspect it will be house churches that will make the most sense. As the financial system worsens, we will need one another, and when members of our congregation lose their jobs and homes, will we step up and take them in? That is where Christianity without depth will falter.

But most importantly, when Jesus is all we are concerned with and we become one with Him, we discover we will become one with one another and the things that divided us, caused by our carnality, will be left behind. 

I am sure right now many will not see it that way, and will be quick to defend what they hold precious and I get that. But when something more real, more satisfying, more precious overtakes them, the things that divided us into opposing camps each one fighting for converts to “our” denomination, and to “our” particular church, will go by the wayside. 

Again, this is just my take on things, so take it for what it is. 

Blessings, Gideon

Guest Butero
11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

This reminds me of Martyn Lloyd Jones in his autobiography, he described in the bomb shelters of WWII, denominational differences seemed to all of a sudden...matter little. 

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

This reminds me of Martyn Lloyd Jones in his autobiography, he described in the bomb shelters of WWII, denominational differences seemed to all of a sudden...matter little. 

What kind of thing is going to bring us all together?  Alien invasion, demonic deception?  If something like that occurs, it is to bring us under the control of the anti-Christ church.  

Guest Butero
4 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Whoa. Good question. Here I want to make sure everyone knows that this is now my opinion only, and the Lord has not spoken to me about it. So, take it with a grain, or a barrel-ful, of salt. :)

I believe our entire church model will not be able to absorb the revelation of who we are in Christ. Will some ministers accept it as true and believe? Absolutely. Just as some Pharisees and Sadducees did. But they had to give up their  positions in the “church” of the Jews, the synogogue. But many more will reject it. There is too much pride to swallow to admit that they did not see this. It will be seen as a threat to their ways, and this will be seen as gross error. 

I also think our church model of large congregations with very little community and family feel will not survive as things wind down. I suspect it will be house churches that will make the most sense. As the financial system worsens, we will need one another, and when members of our congregation lose their jobs and homes, will we step up and take them in? That is where Christianity without depth will falter.

But most importantly, when Jesus is all we are concerned with and we become one with Him, we discover we will become one with one another and the things that divided us, caused by our carnality, will be left behind. 

I am sure right now many will not see it that way, and will be quick to defend what they hold precious and I get that. But when something more real, more satisfying, more precious overtakes them, the things that divided us into opposing camps each one fighting for converts to “our” denomination, and to “our” particular church, will go by the wayside. 

Again, this is just my take on things, so take it for what it is. 

Blessings, Gideon

So you are not suggesting we will unite into a massive single united group.  You believe the church will splinter off into home churches?  You don't see a uniting of all Christian religions?  

10 minutes ago, Butero said:

What kind of thing is going to bring us all together?  Alien invasion, demonic deception?  If something like that occurs, it is to bring us under the control of the anti-Christ church.  

How about the love of God shed abroad in our hearts, where we all know Him intimately and He takes pre-eminence over everything in our lives ....... and causes us to be one with not only Him but with one another? 

Gids

8 minutes ago, Butero said:

So you are not suggesting we will unite into a massive single united group.  You believe the church will splinter off into home churches?  You don't see a uniting of all Christian religions?  

I am suggesting exactly that!  What did Paul tell us as to why we say “I am of Paul” or “I am of Apollos”? Are ye not yet carnal? And what will happen when our carnality is left behind and Jesus becomes each person’s all in all? The church is ready to meet her bridegroom. 

Please understand. Satan has already muddied the waters here with the ecumenical movement and the emergent church man’s effort falsehoods, so when we hear terms like “awakening” or “unity”, we immediately get defensive. Why would Satan do this if not try to keep us from the real when it appears? But God has promised us that His sheep WILL hear His voice, and another, they will not follow, amen? 

Blessings, 

Gideon

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

Another thought. It will not be a uniting of all Christian religions. It will be a massive leaving behind of them and coming out from among them and being separate into Jesus, our savior AND Lord. 

me

Guest Butero
2 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Another thought. It will not be a uniting of all Christian religions. It will be a massive leaving behind of them and coming out from among them and being separate into Jesus, our savior AND Lord. 

me

Who do you see capable of leading such a movement?

Just now, Butero said:

God. This will not, I repeat, NOT be a man centered movement. God will raise up ministers from the five fold ministry all bathed in truth, love and humility. 

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

Remember how God promised it would work. No one will have to tell you “Know ye the Lord, for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest.”

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, Gideon said:

God. This will not, I repeat, NOT be a man centered movement. God will raise up ministers from the five fold ministry all bathed in truth, love and humility. 

Do you see an end of the Roman Catholic Church?