• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, Butero said:

We had better be ready right now.  Those souls have no promise of their next breath.  We can't afford to wait around for some awakening to take place.  You said in another thread that we could believe today, right now, and walk according to the new man.  What are we waiting for?  You said you got rid of your grave clothes.  Why don't you believe me or Friend of the Lorde hasn't thrown away their grave clothes?  

You are absolutely right. There is absolutely no reason to any of us to wait for even one more hour. But there is an entire church to awaken. That is why I speak of it as an awakening that is coming for ALL His sheep. Why would we want to wait when God offers us freedom from our old nature right now, today? My task is simply to share the message, not determine who is walking in that freedom. 

All I can say is that those who have put on their new man have discovered the way to victory over the world and its pull on us, the flesh and its desires that are contrary to God, and Satan, the enemy of our souls. I rejoice with any that have found God’s promises are yea and amen. 

Blessings,

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

I’ve been reading this thread to try and make sense of an end-time awakening. Gideon, please allow me to make a “Cliff notes” version of your logic...

- Jesus is coming for a bride that looks like Acts

- The huge majority of us don’t come close to Acts

- Ergo we are a sorry excuse for a bride

- It will take a miracle to fix this dilemma

- Something miraculous will happen to recreate Acts in time for Jesus to have a bride

This is how I read your OP (condensed). I’m not trying to trick you or corner you. I just want to see if I understand. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, pg4Him said:

I’ve been reading this thread to try and make sense of an end-time awakening. Gideon, please allow me to make a “Cliff notes” version of your logic...

- Jesus is coming for a bride that looks like Acts

- The huge majority of us don’t come close to Acts

- Ergo we are a sorry excuse for a bride

- It will take a miracle to fix this dilemma

- Something miraculous will happen to recreate Acts in time for Jesus to have a bride

This is how I read your OP (condensed). I’m not trying to trick you or corner you. I just want to see if I understand. 

Let me edit a bit to make sure the condensed version is a bit more accurate.

Jesus is coming for a bride that is walking free indeed.

Most true sheep do not know yet how to do so.

Therefore we are not walking in victory over the world, the flesh and the devil.

Jesus has already made us new creatures that He can and will cause to do His will joyfully. 

Our  eyes are even now beginning to be opened to what we already possess but have never known we can put on, and by doing so, we find to our amazement that we will be prepared to meet Him as His bride. 

Oh, and they lived happily ever after. :)

Gids

Okay. I think I understand your perspective. Thanks!

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Let me edit a bit to make sure the condensed version is a bit more accurate.

Jesus is coming for a bride that is walking free indeed.

Most true sheep do not know yet how to do so.

Therefore we are not walking in victory over the world, the flesh and the devil.

Jesus has already made us new creatures that He can and will cause to do His will joyfully. 

Our  eyes are even now beginning to be opened to what we already possess but have never known we can put on, and by doing so, we find to our amazement that we will be prepared to meet Him as His bride. 

Oh, and they lived happily ever after. :)

Gids

That is all well and good, but wouldn't it make more sense and do more good to tell people how to walk in victory now and stop worrying about a future age of aquarius for the church?   If I have been given the secret to walking in victory, that is what I would be preaching to help people now, today!  

4 minutes ago, Butero said:

That is all well and good, but wouldn't it make more sense and do more good to tell people how to walk in victory now and stop worrying about a future age of aquarius for the church?   If I have been given the secret to walking in victory, that is what I would be preaching to help people now, today!  

I think this is whole crux of Gideon's position. He said in the OP that he floundered for 20 years being unable to walk in full victory. Apparently no one can do it in our current climate until God endows with us another Pentecost.  

Guest Butero
4 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

I think this is whole crux of Gideon's position. He said in the OP that he floundered for 20 years being unable to walk in full victory. Apparently no one can do it in our current climate until God endows with us another Pentecost.  

Later on, he says he is walking in freedom now, so obviously, we can too if we know the secret.  

12 hours ago, Gideon said:

You are absolutely right. There is absolutely no reason to any of us to wait for even one more hour. But there is an entire church to awaken. That is why I speak of it as an awakening that is coming for ALL His sheep. Why would we want to wait when God offers us freedom from our old nature right now, today? My task is simply to share the message, not determine who is walking in that freedom. 

So this seems to be where it all circles back... If there is no reason to wait another hour, why are we waiting for a last-minute endowment? Either it's available now or it is't. If it is available now, and the those precious few elites are walking in freedom, why can't they spread it to the church? If they can't spread it now, what makes us think they'll be able to spread it later? Because it's available but not really available, and God will make it more available?

Please forgive me if I sound argumentative. But this has been going in circles for pages, and I'm trying to get to the bottom line.

• Praise God! 1

Guest Butero
3 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

So this seems to be where it all circles back... If there is no reason to wait another hour, why are we waiting for a last-minute endowment? Either it's available now or it is't. If it is available now, and the those precious few elites are walking in freedom, why can't they spread it to the church? If they can't spread it now, what makes us think they'll be able to spread it later? Because it's available but not really available, and God will make it more available?

Please forgive me if I sound argumentative. But this has been going in circles for pages, and I'm trying to get to the bottom line.

You are not alone.  If Gideon got rid of his grave clothes, I am not waiting for another Pentecost to get free.  I am already free in Christ Jesus.  

Guest Butero
13 hours ago, Gideon said:

All I can say is that those who have put on their new man have discovered the way to victory over the world and its pull on us, the flesh and its desires that are contrary to God, and Satan, the enemy of our souls. I rejoice with any that have found God’s promises are yea and amen. 

Blessings,

Gideon

Based on this, lets walk in victory now.