IGNORED

A Plea to the Wise... and a Warning to the Unwise

Gideon

Guest Butero
2 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Sister, we all have been asleep. It does not mean we are not saved. It means we have not been “safe”. But as we all learn the power found in appropriating His death as the death of our old nature, and we put on, by faith, our new nature that can be caused to obey Him, to our amazement, we discover that we can indeed say no to temptation every time. Would we like to be able to do that? 

Blessings, 

Gideon

We can do that now as you say you did.  I am not walking according to Romans 7 anymore, but according to Romans 8.  That came through seeking the Lord, and I am nothing special.  We can all walk in victory now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, pg4Him said:

Why is there an elite inner circle of people who get freedom while everyone is left to scratch in the dirt? This is what we don't understand.

You are saying things that have never been said. I am not “elite”, nor have I ever tried to present myself as better than any. . In my own strength, I am worse than any here and it is only by His mercy that I have been shown how to walk away from my own disobedient self.

I simply long to share it with those who also have struggled with their old nature and find themselves imprisoned in Romans 7, feeling hopeless that they will ever find a path in this life to overcome the sins of the flesh. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

5 minutes ago, Butero said:

Because we can simply take the message of walking in the Spirit by faith and according to the new man to them now er than a message of waiting.  Pentecost has already come.

Who said anything about waiting? I have made it clear that when a man or woman arrives at the place he or she hates their old nature and the fact that they cannot walk in victory, and then reckons his old nature as dead, victory can become theirs. No waiting. 

But one would have to be blind not to be able to see that multitudes fo God’s children, even Spirit-filled children, are not walking in the joy of their salvation. Despite their struggles, rhey are not able to escape Romans 7 and no one is telling them as to how that actually works. Do you agree with this statement? 

Gids

Guest Butero
3 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Who said anything about waiting? I have made it clear that when a man or woman arrives at the place he or she hates their old nature and the fact that they cannot walk in victory, and then reckons his old nature as dead, victory can become theirs. No waiting. 

But one would have to be blind not to be able to see that multitudes fo God’s children, even Spirit-filled children, are not walking in the joy of their salvation. Despite their struggles, rhey are not able to escape Romans 7 and no one is telling them as to how that actually works. Do you agree with this statement? 

Gids

Many are not, but that will always be true for some.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Gids

No one would disagree that the majority of the church is weak. No one here has argued otherwise. The sticking point has nothing to do with the behavior of the unwashed masses.

Why is no one telling them how it works? That is the question.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

Many are not, but that will always be true for some.

What? Is that the attitude of our Lord? He left the ninety and nine and chased after the lost sheep and brought him back to good pasture. How can we be so cavalier about multitudes walking in defeat who are our brothers or sisters in Christ. 

Jesus said “By this shall all men know you are my disciples, by the love you have one for another.” Is this attitude love?

We have got ours, sorry they don’t, but go  ahead and rapture us anyway Lord? 

I know this is not your true attitude brother. 

Blessings, 

Gideon 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Butero my friend, I'm sorry to confess that I have failed. I really thought we could hit that logical nail on its head. But it isn't meant to be. The logical nail is surrounded by a minefield of obtusity, false outrage, deflection, and contradiction. The closer we get, the bigger the explosions.

If you think this is a hill worthy dying on, Godspeed. I gotta go find some other hill.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

49 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

Why is there an elite inner circle of people who get freedom while everyone is left to scratch in the dirt? This is what we don't understand.

The even bigger question should be ,  is ,   WAS this the attitude of the early church.   did paul, peter ,  jude or others ever talk like this .

OR did they always say IF you have the SPIRIT you already have what is necessary and they went about correcting the church NOW

and never gave hope in some future awakening , but rather said GET RIGHT in the LORD or risk all.   The thing is the church of acts

like all true believers ,  always warned be READY NOW ,  be ready NOW as did JESUS ,    BE READY for you know not when your LORD does come .

They never once spoke of an age of a large awakening hour as being near the end, it was always warnings that many would fall away

don't be led away with the error of the wicked.  Be looking , BE READY NOW .    The only thing I ever heard them say about how it would be near the end

was days like  noah,  days like lott,  a strong delusion , a great falling away,   and as I said the church ALREADY has all that it needs .

The reason we don't see it so much, is due to a large falling away has been occurring and will get worse .

We don't see it so much in western socities ,   but we see it where they aer persecuted heavily.    And not all will have every gift.

the gifts are here just as they have always been.   Some still have the gift of healing , some of prophesy , and etc.

To give people hope in some coming event ,  is to in part ROB them of what they HAVE RIGHT NOW .  putting ideas into the heads of believers

that we are not fully equipped as we will be ,  is just not what we should be doing . WE should ,  WE should get up and DO something ,  WE ALREADY

got every single thing we will ever need, IF WE HAVE JESUS , HE IS THE SAME YESTERDAY , TODAY and FOREVER . 

TWO things are hurting many ,  one is we in a falling away which was prophesied to come and is spiralin out of control

And if we tell the church , just wait , our rain is coming ,   INSTEAD of telling them GET UP NOW and do what the trues ones have done in all ages

WE just kicking the can down the road .   ITS TIME TO WARN , EXHORT , ENCOURAGE , TODAY ,  no man knows the morrow .  WE DO ALL TODAY UNTO THE LORD NOW . 

55 minutes ago, Butero said:

We can do that now as you say you did.  I am not walking according to Romans 7 anymore, but according to Romans 8.  That came through seeking the Lord, and I am nothing special.  We can all walk in victory now.

What Gideon I don't think is seeing ,   is this .    If any man has the SPIRIT of CHRIST he is dead because of sin .   Gideon says that part just fine .

What he doesn't say is this part ...................BUT IF any man has NOT the SPIRIT of CHRIST HE IS NONE OF HIS .   So instead of pointing to some big end time awakening

HE should be warning and saying ,   Get up and obey the Spirit now ,  which he does do in part , but his main focus is FUTURE ,  the church don't have what it needs yet.

THAT I have heard him say a few times , but then instead of heeding the real dire part of what we say ,  he will agree with us on this , BUT then goes right back

in full mode of talking about the FUTURE AWAKEKNING .   and this is helping no one .   His focus should be on get right NOW and let no one

even think we lack IF , IF we have Christ .  and let them know if they Have the spirit , then they are dead because of sin , NOW

and thus asap start correcting the ones who are not .    Equip them in TRUTH NOW . FOCUS on TODAY ,  not some coming awakening which by the way , Was never

foretold by JESUS or any about the end times.   It worries me the amount of time Gideon spends on continuously pointing to a future event

INSTEAD of pointing to CHRIST NOW and saying WE GOT ALL WE NEED , JUST OBEY THE SPIRIT NOW .,

Gideon I heard you say you used to be a critical legalist .   I am going to ask you a question and I will not attack you one bit for your answer whether it is right or wrong .

Do you think I am like YOU used to be .   be honest .