• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

If I may steer this back to the OP...

False teachers are successful because they offer to do all the thinking for us. When a new believer encounters a giant book full of thick material that only Spirit-led study using all of their reading comprehension skills can explain, it's easy rely on someone else who has all the answers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Lets not get into the king james debate. There are many false teachers in the world. We need to compare what they say with the basic truths of the bible. 

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

Lets not get into the king james debate. There are many false teachers in the world. We need to compare what they say with the basic truths of the bible. 

I won't measure anyone's truthfulness by any Bible but the KJV.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Lets be careful and watchout for any false teachers on Worthy. Compare what anyone says with the bible. Myself included. Because there have been much false doctrine on this board.

We can be led astray by this. The only thing to trust is the bible itself. Christ is the center of all things. We need to be rooted in Jesus alone and not any man.

Remember what John said we have need of no one to teach us. Because the annoting teaches us ALL THINGS. Let no man spoil you. The Apostles teachings are inspired by the holy spirit. And is full source of knowlege.

'Hold fast the form of sound words, 
which thou hast heard of me

in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.'

(2 Tim. 1:13)  

Hello there, @Wayne222, 

That is good advice (above), isn't it?

Timothy was surrounded by controversy and debate, much like that found on any forum today, and He was lifted up above it, by another important instruction, 

Study to shew thyself approved unto God
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, 
rightly dividing the word of truth.
But shun profane and vain babblings: 
for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
And their word will eat as doth a canker: 

of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
Who concerning the truth have erred, 
saying that the resurrection is past already; 
and overthrow the faith of some.
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, 
having this seal, 
The Lord knoweth them that are His. 
And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ 
depart from iniquity.’

(2 Tim. 2:15-19)   

* It is God's approval that we should seek, where His Word is concerned, and no other.

* In the second chapter of Colossians, there is again, a warning to beware, but before it is given, the instruction designed to counteract it is given too.  

In Christ Jesus
Chris

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Butero said:

and use a real KJV Bible instead of a counterfeit, your foot and head would feel better, and you would learn the real truth about what saith the Lord.

I'm just going to put this up there in quotes and see if anyone else feels like the above statement is a judgment upon me and  my Christian walk. 

I would also like to say that I do not attack or judge the faith of a fellow Christian who prefers to use the KJV Bible. Though it seems that the same can not be said for KJV only people. Those of us who prefer another translation over the KJV are mercilessly judge as being less Holy  and nearly stoned by the group of KJV only people on this site. 

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

I'm just going to put this up there in quotes and see if anyone else feels like the above statement is a judgment upon me and  my Christian walk. 

I would also like to say that I do not attack or judge the faith of a fellow Christian who prefers to use the KJV Bible. Though it seems that the same can not be said for KJV only people. Those of us who prefer another translation over the KJV are mercilessly judge as being less Holy  and nearly stoned by the group of KJV only people on this site. 

I was just joking, because of the head bashing icon you put there,  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Dan_79 said:

Have I commited a sin by asking.

If so show us all.... which.

Im not feeling much love here. Maybe I should leave it here and go and ask the Prostitutes and Tax collectors at the gates of the forum.

I will pray for you.

I would love to comment except I am confused at the moment.  I never accused anyone of committing a sin.  So......Yeah....I don't know???

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Personally I thought the posting  the head smashing on a brick wall gif  was jumping to conclusions and making out there was an  issue when there was merely an innocent question asked. 

I knew where it was going to lead too and it appears to have gone in that direction. Thus my reason for posting this :th_frusty:  emoj which means a never ending debate which is what happens when the subject of KJV only pops up around here. 

Guest Butero
4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I would love to comment except I am confused at the moment.  I never accused anyone of committing a sin.  So......Yeah....I don't know???

He was confused because he asked me a question and you banged your head on the wall.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I knew where it was going to lead too and it appears to have gone in that direction. Thus my reason for posting this :th_frusty:  emoj which means a never ending debate which is what happens when the subject of KJV only pops up around here. 

You were complaining about "the argument" but Dan thought you were attacking "the person." Since you quoted him in your head bang, he took it as a personal shot.