• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, Butero said:

Using the example I did, to the question over is it good to lie to children, you turned to the story of Rahab to say maybe.  That is the conclusion you arrived at using the Bible.   If that is the conclusion you came to, so be it.

I apologize for butting in but I agree with you Butero....you are being taken out of context, I understood you were only making an example....a what if scenario. These are the types of debates that just never have a resolve....I get getting notifications of a new response so i guess I will unfollow this because at this point there is nothing to gain here. 

God Bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Heart2Soul said:

I apologize for butting in but I agree with you Butero....you are being taken out of context, I understood you were only making an example....a what if scenario. These are the types of debates that just never have a resolve....I get getting notifications of a new response so i guess I will unfollow this because at this point there is nothing to gain here. 

God Bless

I dont think he is being taken out of context because he was referring to something brought up in another tread. And h e brought it up for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I dont think he is being taken out of context because he was referring to something brought up in another tread. And h e brought it up for a reason.

So what does the Bible say to do when someone offends you?

3 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

So what does the Bible say to do when someone offends you?

This is a debate on if all lies are sin or wrong at all times. I was not offended. I dont know why you thought that.

Just now, Wayne222 said:

This is a debate on if all lies are sin or wrong at all times. I was not offended. I dont know why you thought that.

I see....well carry on then....I will check back later to see where you guys have gotten to with it.  God Bless.

2 hours ago, Butero said:

There is nothing more to say.  We have his Rahab example.  What more is there?  We have teachers and a Bible to measure their words by.  Do we need new examples?  

Good for you. You did not measure my words by the bible. You just made a statement. Write out why i am wrong by scripture point by point instead of saying so little. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Well back to the topic of false teachers. This is the reason I think that every fellow Christian needs to spend time in personal Bible study and prayer.  People are going to tell you all sorts of things. If you just come here to get your Christian learning and do nothing else. You are going to find yourself in a lot of confusion. Some of you don't like to or can't or don't for personal reason attend an organized church. That I leave up to you. But I do think it is a must to have your own personal Bible study either alone with just you and God or with a friend or two.  These forums are a good place to get input and feedback from other Christians about life issues and such, but I would not look for it to be the only place I get my Bible teachings from. Well I guess that's all I have to say. Carry on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well back to the topic of false teachers. This is the reason I think that every fellow Christian needs to spend time in personal Bible study and prayer.  People are going to tell you all sorts of things. If you just come here to get your Christian learning and do nothing else. You are going to find yourself in a lot of confusion. Some of you don't like to or can't or don't for personal reason attend an organized church. That I leave up to you. But I do think it is a must to have your own personal Bible study either alone with just you and God or with a friend or two.  These forums are a good place to get input and feedback from other Christians about life issues and such, but I would not look for it to be the only place I get my Bible teachings from. Well I guess that's all I have to say. Carry on. 

You are right again. I think most people on this forum studies the bible.

• Thumbs Up 1