Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Lets be careful and watchout for any false teachers on Worthy. Compare what anyone says with the bible. Myself included. Because there have been much false doctrine on this board.

We can be led astray by this. The only thing to trust is the bible itself. Christ is the center of all things. We need to be rooted in Jesus alone and not any man.

Remember what John said we have need of no one to teach us. Because the annoting teaches us ALL THINGS. Let no man spoil you. The Apostles teachings are inspired by the holy spirit. And is full source of knowlege.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Davida said:

Ya they tend to know how to schmooze,  these false teachers, if you notice? I guess it's part of that -getting a following.  

People need to decern. The scriptures are there for us. Our righteousness is inputed. Our sanctification is a daily walk.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

59 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Lets be careful and watchout for any false teachers on Worthy. Compare what anyone says with the bible. Myself included. Because there have been much false doctrine on this board.

We can be led astray by this. The only thing to trust is the bible itself. Christ is the center of all things. We need to be rooted in Jesus alone and not any man.

Remember what John said we have need of no one to teach us. Because the annoting teaches us ALL THINGS. Let no man spoil you. The Apostles teachings are inspired by the holy spirit. And is full source of knowlege.

Beware yes, and since there are so many different faiths here, each has there doctrine that they have been taught to believe...so the false teacher may be reading this and saying yes beware of the false teacher while thinking in their mind of the other person....I agree that we should just be led of the Holy Spirit and study the Word of God for ourselves.....and grow in it and mature to the point that we can rightly divide the truth of His Word. 

You can only be led astray if the Word is not in you and you are not able to rightly divide the truth....

Maturity is key....Ephesians 4:14 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ. 14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ Himself, who is the head.…

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Heart2Soul said:

Beware yes, and since there are so many different faiths here, each has there doctrine that they have been taught to believe...so the false teacher may be reading this and saying yes beware of the false teacher while thinking in their mind of the other person....I agree that we should just be led of the Holy Spirit and study the Word of God for ourselves.....and grow in it and mature to the point that we can rightly divide the truth of His Word. 

You can only be led astray if the Word is not in you and you are not able to rightly divide the truth....

Maturity is key....Ephesians 4:14 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ. 14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ Himself, who is the head.…

People young in the faith can be led astray. I was for a long time. I use to follow herbert w armstrong. But it took a while to get strong in the bible. Test what someone says with what peter james and paul and john wrote.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Wayne222 said:

People young in the faith can be led astray. I was for a long time. I use to follow herbert w armstrong. But it took a while to get strong in the bible. Test what someone says with what peter james and paul and john wrote.

Yes that is what I was saying you have to be mature....I am sorry you were led astray....did you have anyone to mentor you? A pastor or church that you attended? I am thankful you got into the Word for yourself...you are better off than many who only rely on what the hear others teach. 

God Bless!

8 minutes ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

Your message is very timely.

Glad to hear, I believe our Father is at work even now bringing us into the unity of faith for those who have ears to hear. Amen!

27 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I wanted to add one more thing the scripture in Ephesians refers to all of us as infants until we come to the unity of faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God.....

Edited by Heart2Soul

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know where we are in this thread. But any whoo.  When I first join and I think it was maybe about 4 years ago, I thought the "General Forum" was for people wanting to talk about concerns they have about a faith based subject or understanding of a Bible verse. Stuff like that. To get fellow Christians input on life issues and  stuff. Like  say,  talking about this Sunday's church service why it was great or maybe not so great.  You know stuff like that. To get Christian feed back about stuff.  But it seems to have become a place where people just tell everyone else what to believe. Just posting long post about "the end is near" or  just out right preaching to people telling them what they should be doing.  Mostly I just skip over those kind of  post.  I have a pastor and a church that I attend. I am not sure what I am getting at here but I guess I like to see less "preaching" post and more "open to discussion" post.  Well that's what I think. Carry on. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know where we are in this thread. But any whoo.  When I first join and I think it was maybe about 4 years ago, I thought the "General Forum" was for people wanting to talk about concerns they have about a faith based subject or understanding of a Bible verse. Stuff like that. To get fellow Christians input on life issues and  stuff. Like  say,  talking about this Sunday's church service why it was great or maybe not so great.  You know stuff like that. To get Christian feed back about stuff.  But it seems to have become a place where people just tell everyone else what to believe. Just posting long post about "the end is near" or  just out right preaching to people telling them what they should be doing.  Mostly I just skip over those kind of  post.  I have a pastor and a church that I attend. I am not sure what I am getting at here but I guess I like to see less "preaching" post and more "open to discussion" post.  Well that's what I think. Carry on. 

I think you are correct. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

11 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Can I ask then what purpose is of an internet forum to have with regards to learning if like you quite rightly say.

The forum itself is not the bible so what is its use?

I will put this out there too.

I like to see what these false teachers write. It helps me better discern the truth and be able to see falsehoods and identify the methods in which these false teachers operate by. I like to see how of what they say actually stands up to scripture.

Some of the worst teachers of the book I have noticed are those who are "closed" in mind and cannot (for human pride) humble themselves or say why they believe something to be true or false when questioned. They recoil in fear that they might of got it completely wrong and in the same time ignore the gift of recieving or giving more of the biblical message. Another thing I notice is this need for forums to include a like button type thing which all in all is a pavlovian trick that can and will be used to alianate new members ...thats if existing members choose to indirectly insult them by ignoring them like a petulent child. If someone needs help .....

If you are talking about individuals (which I am to assume you are regarding perhaps one particular new member) then that belief system is shoved in a drawer somewhere and is allergic to the light of scrutiny or reasoning.

If you have the truth you have the armor also to defeat the lies.Jesus taught as an individual and didnt rely on group-think popularity in numbers. Wolves hunt in number too. 1 man with the truth is more powerful than 100,000 duped liars.

Many of these preachers spotlight the need for "warning" others in a way that they feel some inherant immunity from the very things they warn about.

Satan comes as a shining light at first offering much but giving or delivering zero.

A very short snippet of scripture tells : by their fruits ye shall know them"

So you really have nothing to fear apart from God.

Dont expect to make friends from this either, this is a place of great division. Seek the truth always and you will find it (it will set you free not try to imprison you or your mind)

:)

Edited by Dan_79