When we compare the descriptions of Himself Jesus gives John to write in the letters to the seven churches (ekklesias), with the observations and mentions John makes of his initial experience in the Spirit with the ascended Christ, we notice how readily they match, along with some other passages for the sixth and seventh letters.
(1) Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
(8) And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things says the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
(12) "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, 'These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword:
(18) "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:
(1) "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "
(7) "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, he that has the key of David, he that opens, and no man shuts; and shuts, and no man opens;
(14) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
I hope you have enjoyed these matching passages as much as I have, especially in contemplating the differences between Christ as John observed and experienced Him whilst He was on earth, and as we read of Him after He ascended.
Blessings from Michael37.
I had a very short dream. I was sitting in a chair and my youngest daughter was standing next to me. I remember just feeling sad/unloved. All of a sudden a small black/orange butterfly comes out of nowhere and comes towards me. My daughter is laughing and excited and then another black/orange butterfly comes towards me and I started thinking 'this is strange because butterflies don't fly at night' and while I'm thinking this my youngest say's 'wow mom they love you' I immediately jump up from the chair trying to get away from them and as my back is turned away from them I hear a voice say 'let them touch you'. Does anyone know what this dream means?
"Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
Our God is good all time. I remember when I moved in with my friend to a house he rented. I discovered that the house was an occultic house. Witchcraft activities was rampant in that house because I was always fighting with them in my dream. In the cause of fighting, I will see the landlord protecting them from me.
One day in a dream I saw the landlord wife sitting on my head. I woke from that dream with an ear pain which started from one ear and moved to the other one. I prayed a prayer that day TELLING THE EAR THAT WHEN I CAME INTO THIS HOUSE I DID NOT COME WITH EAR PAIN SO THE PAIN MUST GO BACK TO WHERE IT CAME FROM. And God been God, the ear pain stopped.
Since my friend was not a Christian, he did not know what was happening. But I was having spiritual attack from all angle.
One night, I decided to praise the Lord without asking for anything. That night was glorious because after dancing and praising the Lord, the Lord visited me in a dream and asked me what do I want, I TOLD THE LORD THAT HE SHOULD HELP ME TO FULFILL MY DESTINY.
But the landlord was not happy, he called my friend and told him to send me away because my friend did not tell him that he was coming with a pastor to rent the house.
Since my friend did not send me away, the landlord gave him a quick notice to pack out of the house. But meanwhile the landlord have already inflicted me with partial paralysis on my waist. I have to struggle to stand up from the bed or chair. Initially I thought it was the food that I was eating that caused it.
Though my friend and his family did not know anything about the attack, I prayed over the sickness and the partial paralysis disappeared without a trace. Though we were kicked out of the house.
I give God all the glory because he has always been good to me and my family.
By Omegaman 3.0
Daily Reading 31 If you prefer, you can look up the following verses in your own Bible, of by whatever means and in whatever version you choose. Luke 22:39-71 Genesis 40 Psalm 31 Audio 7:58 Audio 2:59 Audio 3:11 The above addresses are linked to Bible Gateway. That is an easy way to read (or listen to) the Bible verses, and choose your version. Personally, I prefer written, that way I can go at my own pace, on think about it, before moving on. Nothing wrong with doing either or both. The Bible says faith comes by hearing. See the picture below to get an idea of what to expect if you follow the above links.
Note: The audio will not play the exact verses, it will play the whole chapters, in which the verses exist.
Thank you Lord for making the your word so accessible for us in these times. Amen