• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/15/1970

"How can you love God, whom you have not seen, if you don't love your brother who you have seen?"

Some people speak about loving God so much, but isn't God wanting us to focus on those who are suffering all over the world?

God Bless

Pamela

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Loving God has to come first.  Genuine love for others cannot spring forth from the Christian heart unless God is loved first.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, mymessagefrompaula said:

"How can you love God, whom you have not seen, if you don't love your brother who you have seen?"

Some people speak about loving God so much, but isn't God wanting us to focus on those who are suffering all over the world?

God Bless

Pamela

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Danger Will Robinson Danger! I cannot accept that course of action, my computers on earth are not programmed that way. Danger!" -  Quotation from B-9 Class M-3 General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot more simply known as "Robot".

I find it is best for me to not isolate Bible verses and then make it my cause. Seems to me is the full armor that one is to put on and not just a selected apparel that suits my own cause(s)  and emotions.

An isolated verse can be found and used to justify most any  personal thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

34 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

That is correct.

We are not expanding the church while only preaching to the already healed in Gods grace..we are to become fishers of men, heal the sick (mental sickness as well) like the great teacher showed us example of.

While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him.16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

I wonder sometimes how the internet compares to good old getting out there and making more of the deeds.

While it is healthy for the church to have discussion it needs to expand on snatching more people oit of the flames so to speak, a much harder task imho with greater rewards for both.

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, mymessagefrompaula said:

Sad to say but people look at the physical and if they don't like what they see or are uncomfortable with a type of person, there is a dislike. Its a hard to love situation. Its easier to love what you know and what you undetstand and what one is comforyable with. It's just a human fact that crosses all bounds - race, religion etc..

Luke 6:32 - Jesus said:

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

What would you have us do, Paula?