• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

Matthew 12:36 King James Version (KJV)

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

This verse warns us that we will give account of every idle word spoken.....what is an idle word spoken? (I have my thoughts what are yours)

my example: when you say something like......Child you are going to be the death of me if you don't stop

Edited by Heart2Soul

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

One interesting trait I have is that I can eviscerate people with words. It's a "gift". But here is the interesting/creepy part. I mean what I say. i.e. I can't remember the last time I said something in anger that I didn't mean. But I rarely speak "in anger". It's more of a Mr. Spock type delivery.

24 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

One interesting trait I have is that I can eviscerate people with words. It's a "gift". But here is the interesting/creepy part. I mean what I say. i.e. I can't remember the last time I said something in anger that I didn't mean. But I rarely speak "in anger". It's more of a Mr. Spock type delivery.

I love Mr. Spock....it always made the person step back and ponder.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Eph 5:4  Let there be no filthiness (obscenity, indecency) nor foolish and sinful (silly and corrupt) talk, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting or becoming; but instead voice your thankfulness [to God].

Other examples may be using the Lord's Name carelessly and in vain.  Joking about Christ's sacrifice on the cross, or making light of sacred things.

In context they had been joking about where Jesus had got His power, saying it was from satan, and demeaning and deriding the work of the Holy Spirit.  

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm just glad that I will not come under that Judgment being in Christ and having my sins already judged on the cross. All the more reason that unbelievers need a savior.

So do you think this scripture applies to unbelievers only? Do you believe that Christians reap the blessings or consequences of their words? (I am referring to the idle words)...just curious....I have let things come out of my mouth that I immediately repented of and ask God to not let those words manifest in my life or someone else's.....one time I got so angry at my husband and yelled at him and said "I wish you were dead!" .....a couple of years later he was and I have been haunted by those words i spoke ever since. (I repented and immediately said I didn't mean it...)

Edited by Heart2Soul

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sure, our words have consequences, but I believe when it comes to the Judgment all our sins (including idle words ) have been paid for at Calvary.

I will receive that! Praise God....thank you very much.