angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

All to often the same people overdose on drugs and phone 911 for help (emergency) how often do you think 911 should come to save the addicts life?

Often there are not enough people to go out for emergencies and people have to wait,how about a baby who's allergic for certain foods need 911 ,should the 911 emergency ambulance go out to the addict or save the babies (example) the addict will probably overdose over and over again which will not be fair towards the people who needs help from whatever and are not addicts.How often should the ambulance be allowed to go out to the house from the addict? I was in a disagreement with people about this topic,and I would love to hear more opinions,what would be a biblical view for this?

When would a drug addict responsible for his/her actions?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

29 minutes ago, Yowm said:

IMHO, Today de-value the life of the drug dealer, tomorrow the poor and on the following day, those bothersome Christians.

Maybe more money should go to essential services rather than something like a multi-cultural parade or other such nonsense.

A drug addict will never be responsible for his/her actions (hence the addiction), they're slaves to it and need freedom through Jesus...as we all needed Him.

Amen. If left to die, they will likely die without Christ.

The drunk, the drug addict, and the homeless are all treated as worthless (for the most part) by society at large. Speaking as a homeless drug addict that Jesus cleaned up: There's no mercy for the suffering out there. "Normal" society simply plows on toward its end and anyone who can't keep up is left behind. God uses this for good: Most addicts have to reach a point where they reach "rock bottom," and will finally admit they have a problem to themselves and to others. This generally happens when it hurts too much not to get help. This is where rehab and recovery groups can help - and where believers can share the gospel as led by the Spirit. A person has to be sober before they can be responsible.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, angels4u said:

All to often the same people overdose on drugs and phone 911 for help (emergency) how often do you think 911 should come to save the addicts life?

Often there are not enough people to go out for emergencies and people have to wait,how about a baby who's allergic for certain foods need 911 ,should the 911 emergency ambulance go out to the addict or save the babies (example) the addict will probably overdose over and over again which will not be fair towards the people who needs help from whatever and are not addicts.How often should the ambulance be allowed to go out to the house from the addict? I was in a disagreement with people about this topic,and I would love to hear more opinions,what would be a biblical view for this?

As often as is needed by the addicted person and their family.

That is how often one should be able to reach out for help.

As to the cost, this saved christian has paid for the local  paramedical services  for many decades.  When I hear the sirens spouse and I pray about the person(s) having a bad day and for the safety of the squads rolling to help. I do not think, dang more of my tax money gone.

Do I think well what is wrong with that family don't they know to go to a doctor sooner, what  was that idiot doing when he wrecked, does he really deserve help? No, of course I don't think that. I try to let the ambulances and rescue vehicles get past me without incident, and I thank God for their service to all of us.  I also thank God it isn't me in trouble they are going to help.

There are so few fires today that  fire departments would not be able to justify their existence without paramedic services as part of their duties.

As to whether an addicted person is saved or not, I suggest that  a saved Christian can be and is addicted to opiod type meds as often as non christians, and many  of us are also drunks addicted to alcohol too.

I was on hydrocodone for years, the doctors saying to me you are never an addict when in pain you are only an addict when you take them and are not in pain. Ah , okay. But why do I get so sick when I don't take them for the pain?

Finally a little lady, an aging pharmacist as she handed me my giant bottle of Hydrocodine said to me, "You are playing with fire!". Somehow her sincerity got to me, and I wondered am I addicted, will I really  up and die younger than necessary from liver failure, etc.? And I stopped cold turkey.  

And was I ever sick!!! Oh my, I learned first hand the terror of withdrawal from such stuff. I hurt, the earth spun, I couldn't get up, not for anything. I was so sick I didn't know if I was really alive, except I thought death could not be like this, not this bad. I didn't have any happy little cherubs come and sit with me, I just suffered awful vertigo and total body disfunction. I got through it, learned later one is supposed to taper off slowly not quit cold turkey- least that is what my doctor said.

I have never taken a pill since. I even stopped my Advil of which I also took many many a day for the pain. Today I am fortunate to take nothing at all  for pain. I just live with the pain and or much of it is gone away  as bones fuse with age and arthritis I guess. Doctors shudder when they look at my xrays and MRI's. But I get along  fine, well pretty good considering.

Now was I a bum not deserving  of help from a paramedic? Gee I hope not.

Do I want to decide based upon ability to pay who is  deserving of such help? Nope. I will simply pray for the well being of those in trouble and for those providing help to them, and realize that most of them are sharing in the cost themselves, our local taxes really providing what is an insurance program of help at the ready.

Today there is a push for everyone to have  Narloxone on hand. That speaks of the severity of the problem for sure, but do I refuse to help because I judge the person in trouble to be unworthy? It could be me, and it really could have been,... and if it was who then would have opened up church for services, repaired the air conditioning, set the chairs, planned the facility needs for the week, year and made the five year rolling plans for up keep and expansion  of services  at church and school?

Yes people in churches even in the employ of them can have pain, be on meds, and become dependent upon them. So who is worthy and who should not recieve help?

Please when the sirens sound give way to the emergency vehicles, give thanks to God that it is not you or I they are racing to help, and pray for the person(s) having the bad day. Thanks.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Thinking about it I have made two such rides in an ambulance myself.

Once a car hit me while I was stopped right in front of the fire station. I chatted some with the paramedics, said I was okay, that  I was just on my way to my chiropractor for this awful pain and needed to get going so I wouldn't miss my appointment. Next thing I knew the teams where scooping me up and I was on a back board and neck brace on the way to the hospital.

Another time, I was at home when I had some kind of attack,- couldn't breath.  Again I found the paramedics over me, one saying; if needed do you want revival with resuscitation? I didn't know what he was talking about revival? where? when? They kept hitting me with "nitro" and asking if the pain was going away. I said no. They said to each other we hit the limit go! And, off they trucked me to the hospital to spend a couple days  to learn I am the picture of good health, except for whatever the attack was- might have been the pail of shellfish I ate.

Am I pleased to have to pay out of my local property taxes for EMT 's ? Yes! I am even happy to live next to the fire department and have to hear sirens often, oh so often. It gives me plenty of opportunity to remember hear the sirens and thank God for the people that will do that work.

In fact I kinda like all the city services that I pay for  on my local property tax bill. Wouldn't have a one of them eliminated if I could. I am also so thankful God blesses with the means to pay for the services by my neighbors and fellow townspeople. Thinking about it, it is pretty grand around here. Praise God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Well, one has to realize that everyone makes mistakes, and quite often, you've got a lot of malicious folks, both on and off the streets, who take pleasure in dealing death to people. They care not for a person's health, but rather the steady income that comes with dependency (and yes, many in the medical field fall under this category). Then you look at the health services and it's like 2k for an ambulance pick-up, 2k for a night in the hospital, 13k for treatment, if you wish to go to rehab that's going to be 20k... If they cared about helping people, they would make their services more affordable. They'd rather just spit on a person and laugh at them for either having no insurance or "bad" insurance. That's not to say there's a complete lack of care from the medical staff, it's just more of the ones behind the desks, the ones who get the payment. So you've got practitioners and drug dealers alike who deal death, and you've got people who sorely lack the means to treatment and assistance. There's also a lack of room for people seeking treatment. So many of the sick, but not nearly enough beds.

Then, you DO have some addicts who use rehab and other such services merely as a means of skirting prison time. They claim to want help, but in reality, they have no intention of stopping, and they can take up that room that was intended for people truly wishing to receive assistance. However, I like to think of it this way; By helping the growth of assistance programs/availability, you can hopefully extend the reach of said services to the people who truly need it and desire it. Hopefully cut down the cost of it at that. All the while dealing with the insincere folks, cause as walla229 stated, they will more than likely meet that "rock bottom" stage at some point.

So, in a nutshell, the only reason ambulances would have to prioritize like that is due to a lack of ambulances. There's no reason why the addict nor the baby should not receive help.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, angels4u said:

Where ever able,, If the resources are available,, they should send out help if people ask for it..

Now the system can decide on it's priorities if they are lacking available response teams..

But otherwise they should respond if called upon to do so..

• Thumbs Up 1

I very much agree that everybody needs help whenever needed, I know there is a new way of thinking at the moment because of the fentanol crisis,mother's with babies are worried they might not get the help they might need if needed or anything similar, I heard different opinions of a  ambulance going go to a fentanol addict for the 4th time or a baby who is choking. A policeman told me that people can buy a spray in the store to help people if we ever encounter somebody who overdosed on drugs or by accident on medication. They are supposed to have them in corner stores in the near future. We live be in a different society with different people with different ideas and different governments . Another question will be help for people who are overweight and the health costs,smokers and diseases...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, angels4u said:

Hi Angels,

I get what you are saying and I can understand also when people say that addiction not only affects alcohol and illicit drugs but many and varied substances.

Take junk food for example and gastric bypass surgeries for the extremely obese. I know of people who think its a waste of tax payers money to perform this operation on those who don't make wise food choices. This is a life saving surgery for most.

Also those addicted to cosmetic surgery because they want a nose like Kate, Duchess of Cambridge(most popular choice for female rhinoplasty) - 

I can totally understand it when it comes to babies, children choking etc and I think when calls to emergency services do come thru at the same time, priority of emergency situation is given.

Its a hard question but all I know is that Christ died for us all - 

38 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Hi Angels,

I get what you are saying and I can understand also when people say that addiction not only affects alcohol and illicit drugs but many and varied substances.

Take junk food for example and gastric bypass surgeries for the extremely obese. I know of people who think its a waste of tax payers money to perform this operation on those who don't make wise food choices. This is a life saving surgery for most.

Also those addicted to cosmetic surgery because they want a nose like Kate, Duchess of Cambridge(most popular choice for female rhinoplasty) - 

I can totally understand it when it comes to babies, children choking etc and I think when calls to emergency services do come thru at the same time, priority of emergency situation is given.

Its a hard question but all I know is that Christ died for us all - 

I so much agree with you , I talked to some people about this as this is a hot topic right now and they were talking about it on the radio,we can't take life in our hand,it's our Christian duty to help all people, I'm sad where society is going....