• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Mishael said:

We know history from verified documentated records not fabricated and or falsified information.

but you are not willing to tell me what those records are where I can look at them myself.....    Who are you that I should trust you that much....

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Hi Dan, Sorry , but , I disagree with you're take, as the scripture says "the tares and the wheat grow up together" and  "the tare looks like wheat" , the Lord waits til the end so that in pulling out the tares the wheat aren't also pulled out.  The tare looks like wheat - it looks like a sheep but it's not, this cannot be describing any others but within the Church. 

English Standard Version

The Parable of the Sower

"1 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the sea. 2 And great crowds gathered about him, so that he got into a boat and sat down. And the whole crowd stood on the beach. 3 And he told them many things in parables, saying: “A sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, 6 but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away. 7 Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them.8 Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears,a let him hear.”

The Purpose of the Parables

10Then the disciples came and said to him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?” 11And he answered them, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 13This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says:

“‘“You will indeed hear but never understand,
and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
15For this people’s heart has grown dull,
and with their ears they can barely hear,
and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
and turn, and I would heal them.’

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear. 17For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The Parable of the Sower Explained

18“Hear then the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path. 20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy, 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away. 22 As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.”

The Parable of the Weeds

24 He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, 25but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. 26 So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. 27 And the servants of the master of the house came and said to him,Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ So the servants said to him, ‘Then do you want us to go and gather them?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. 

30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, “Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but   gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

Hi Davida

See how you needed to interpret it yourself to make your point, that the "Wheat and Tares" look the same and that you omit the words of Jesus who clearly say's the Wheat is sown first and is easily distinguishable from the Tares. 

“Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but   gather the wheat into my barn.”

If they look the same how can they be so easily seperated?

Google images of "Wheat" which have ears (a head at the top) 

Now google Tares ...they often have tendrils (being classified amongst peas of the legume family) and can only use them once they have a host to climb.

“The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, 25but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away."

The Tares although allowed to grow together with the Wheat were NOT sown together at the same time and being weeds do not produce a desired crop, they hinder the growth of cereal crops as they take nutrients that the cereal crop would otherwise have available.

"Let both grow together"

You then inject your own biblical passages to somehow make another point (Isaiah) about prophecy of the coming of Jesus (the first time, not the second time ie the harvest).

(interestingly you chose RED to do this which ironically is the flower color of Tares mixed with royal blue "David" producing a counterfeit royal blue or reddish purple).

The Wheat will grow up with the Tares.

Correct.

But you failed to see which one in Jesus' parable was sown first and why this is very important to observe in detail as it tells you the Tares will be sown afterwards and will grow amongst the Wheat. 

You have tried to inter-mingle distinct parables together (you mentioned sheep and goats earlier) now your arguing Wheat and Tares looking the same.

I believe the organised denominational churches are sown "along the path"

I hope you are of the good seed.

You can have the last word

:)

Edited by Dan_79

Just to answer your points

No I did not, no.

Your welcome.

"Where your at" (?)

Be careful.

The Greek word translated "tares" is ζιζάνια (zizania), plural of ζιζάνιον (zizanion).

This word is thought to mean darnel (Lolium temulentum), a ryegrass which is I am to assume what Yowm was refering to.

Some suggest that this word instead refers to some vetch species, perhaps motivated by the King James Version translation of

ζιζάνιον as "tares" a common name for vetch, which is what I was referring to.

Red is often the chosen color of the descendents of Esau: 

Rothchild (red shield), the red menace (communism), the red devils (man utd) red as in danger, spilt blood and in nature as awarning hence the reference was lost etc

Blue is the chosen color of DAVID whose decendants carry the septre.

But is uneccessary if making a point anyway, the words or message do the talking right?

rather like shouting in CAPITALS. 

Easier to agree to disagree. I am happy to accept I am wrong if I am like you say. See how easy that was!

I'm certain you shall have the last word. I nearly forgot what thread we were in lol

:)

Edited by Dan_79

13 minutes ago, Davida said:

Your claims that I omitted Jesus words were --false. Your claim something about adding something from Isaiah -- false.  Your color analysis  are --false and truly bizarre.   

The claim about highlighting being equivalent of shouting- I guess the highlighting Red letter Bibles are shouting too so- U Better go tell the publishers. 

Using your color analysis is like using horoscopes or numerology. 

If you say so :) ...

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:51 PM, Mishael said:

Never claimed the Catholic Church was perfect it has done bad things like the sack of Constantinople during the fourth crusade. Torture was rarely used as reports show that between 98%-99% of all Inquisition trials did not involve torture at all. Compared to secular courts that decreed the death penalty for damaging shrubs in England, or disembowelment for sheep-stealing in France, the Inquisition was actually far more merciful than the secular Europe of the day. 

It is generally thought to be between 3,000 and 5,000 people during the 350 years of its existence. Some writers quote figures so wildly impossible it is amazing they have any purchase at all (I’ve seen numbers nearing 95 million—more than the entire population of the countries the Inquisition was held in!).

In 1998, Pope John Paul II stated that “The Inquisition belongs to a tormented phase in the history of the Church, which...Christians [should] examine in a spirit of sincerity and open-mindedness...t is necessary to know the facts exactly and to recognize the deficiencies in regard to evangelical exigencies in the cases where it is so.”

Six years later, a symposium commissioned to study the Inquisition released its findings: the total number of accused heretics put to death during the Spanish Inquisition comprised 0.1 percent of the more than 40,000 who were tried. In some cases the Inquisition saved heretics from secular authorities.

Italian historian Andrea Del Col estimates that out of 51,000 — 75,000 cases judged by Inquisition in Italy after 1542 around 1,250 resulted in a death sentence [1.7% to 2.5%].” 

http://www.reformation.org/jesuit-oath.html

• This is Worthy 1