• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, Yowm said:

My inference?

(Isa 57:15)  For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.

Unless you can back up your philosophy with Scripture I don't care to waste my time.

I see time as a current in an ocean called eternity. I think eternity is outside of time. It does not mean "time never ending". It is something other than what we see as linear time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I see time as a current in an ocean called eternity. I think eternity is outside of time. It does not mean "time never ending". 

No, that is exactly what eternity is.  It is has no beginning and no end.  

• Group:  Royal Member

12 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it is not the surface. That makes no sense.   What v. 2 is saying that God started the creation with the earth and by extension, the universe,  in their  elemental form.

Your theory doesn't work because the Hebrew grammar simply makes it impossible.  Verse 1 is simply a summary statement that is expanded on in the creation account. 

This precedes the six days of creation in Genesis:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

If God created the heavens and the earth, let them sit there for a few billion years, then he created lots of plants, dinosaurs and other stuff, let it flourish for a few million years, added a ton of other stuff (Cambrian explosion), let that go for a time, then wipes it all out, leaving the traces we are finding the last couple of centuries, and then, after all that happens, this is its condition: "Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

We can't say that did or didn't happen, but there is evidence to support it (geology, fossils, etc.). This guy actually gets into this. And yes, he uses scripture. : https://youtu.be/nvkpwp-gVJI?t=230

The point is that we can't apply time to events that the bible doesn't apply time to. And "eternity" really, can almost be seen as the opposite of time. The video above gets into it.

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Maybe you misunderstood. When I said, 'it is the beginning of time' I was referring to Creation, not eternity.

Sorry. See my post just above this one...

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is exactly what eternity is.  It is has no beginning and no end.  

Yep. Like an ocean. Time flows linearly. Eternity is something else.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

This precedes the six days of creation in Genesis:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

No, it doesn't. The grammatical structure makes that impossible.   Your speculation is simply futile.

If God created the heavens and the earth, let them sit there for a few billion years, then he created lots of plants, dinosaurs and other stuff, let it flourish for a few million years, added a ton of other stuff (Cambrian explosion), let that go for a time, then wipes it all out, leaving the traces we are finding the last couple of centuries, and then, after all that happens, this is its condition: "Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

That isn't what happened.   There is simply no biblical data to support that.   

We can't say that did or didn't happen, but there is evidence to support it (geology, fossils, etc.). This guy actually gets into this. And yes, he uses scripture. : https://youtu.be/nvkpwp-gVJI?t=230

Actually we CAN say what did or did not happen.  God doesn't leave us in the dark.   It's a matter of actually believing what He says instead of trying always re-interpret what He says  to fit the worldview that you have chosen to manufacture in your imagination.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Yep. Like an ocean. Time flows linearly. Eternity is something else.

Eternity is time.  It is not linear, it is indefinite, but it is still time. 

42 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So? More speculation. Not interested!

My point is that BOTH sides are speculation.;)

42 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Eternity is time.  It is not linear, it is indefinite, but it is still time. 

I disagree, broadly speaking. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

My point is that BOTH sides are speculation.;)

The only one speculating is you.