• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

What is good to have?! A pure or a polluted heart?

I prefer a pure, a pure heart... Because it is good, very good!

"Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith..." - 1 Timothy 1:5

Our heart is very, very important... It definitely is something we should be watching carefully!

"Keep your heart with all diligence,
    For out of it spring the issues of life." - Proverbs 4:23

Do you have a pure heart?! Before answering, you better think carefully because:

"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.
These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man." - Matthew 15:19-20

Who wants to have a pure heart?! Repent and come to the Lord.

"and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith." - Acts 15:9

But can the Lord do this?! Yes, if you believe... No matter who you are, what you have done, all things are possible with Him.

"For with God nothing will be impossible." - Luke 1:37

Do you have something against someone?! Forgive, as the Lord said:

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you,
and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..." - Matthew 5:44

Can't you do that?! Just pray and ask, for everything is possible for him who believes.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" - Luke 11:13

Get rid of all hate, malice, deceit and hypocrisy, pursue a pure heart... Strive wholeheartedly for what is good.

Just ask and receive, says the Lord!

"Blessed are the pure in heart,
    For they shall see God." - Matthew 5:8

Believe and it will be done to you.

"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray,
believe that you receive them, and you will have them." - Mark 11:24

I do not care about this world, I do not care for what it has to offer... We know its deeds (they are evil), we know its end, which is destruction.

Who would want to follow this evil world?! Who would want to follow the spirit of disobedience?! Their end is destruction.

"It is a joy for the just to do justice,
    But destruction will come to the workers of iniquity." - Proverbs 21:15

We are not of this world, you are not of this world... Do not choose to follow its evil ways.

Come and be free in the Lord, sin is not your master... The flesh and its evil desires... You do not have to obey them.

"Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts." - Romans 6:12

Obey the Lord and let Him reign... And you will see it is very good!

"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice;
But when a wicked man rules, the people groan." - Proverbs 29:2

Be free, be free, says the Lord... From this day I say to you: Your life will change, and for the better!

Just believe and your sins will no longer be your master. You will no longer be its slave.

"...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." - 1 John 3:8

Do you have a vice, does it still control you?! Not anymore, I will count few days from now and you will find yourself free.

Can you believe it?! If you do then you already received it. Blessed are you, my friend!

"...All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." - 1 Corinthians 6:12

Do you know someone you hate?! Now it is time to show them some love, in the name of the Lord Jesus.

"not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing,
knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing." - 1 Peter 3:9

Is it still too hard for you?! Then surrender, surrender to the Lord Jesus and have life.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." - John 1:12-13

You desire to do good but you cannot, you cannot because when we are in the flesh we cannot please Him.

"So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God." - Romans 8:8

But we still desire to do good... But how!? Is there any way?

"For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice." - Romans 7:19

"For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man." - Romans 7:22

Do not be ashamed, surrender and receive the Holy Spirit, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ...

"So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit..." - Acts 15:8

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Now, you are no longer under law but under grace. Glory to God! Amen.

"For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh,
God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh,
on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh..." - Romans 8:3

"For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace." - Romans 6:14

"Jesus answered them, Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.
And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." - John 8:34-36

You are free, you are a new creature, you are a child of God!

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light" - Ephesians 5:8

Blessed and happy are those who believe in Him!

"For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen." - Romans 11:36

God bless you in Jesus' name!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Guard your heart. It means watch what you desire. If we set our minds on earthly things then we will corrupt our heart. Set our minds are heavenly things.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

YES , PRAISE the LORD my friend of many letters .    ASK and it shall be given,  SEEK and ye shall find , KNOCK and it shall be opened.

IT IS TIME to walk free .   No longer to buy the lies of men .   COME YE and BUY that which is FREELY GIVEN .     COME YE to the LORD all who trapped in bondage

AND HE shall set you free.    Run to the waters that flow FROM HIS FOUTAIN and drink of the water of life .   OH my soul does praise the LORD

I say my soul does praise the LORD.   

Letters you praise the LORD my friend .    The LORD Knows those who love HIM  , and HE shall supply ALL of our needs IN CHRIST .

SUFFICEINT is HIS grace .    Onward my friend of many letters .   You are loved and this is such a wonderful reminder you gave us this evening.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

49 minutes ago, naominash said:

How does a Christian make themselves pure? That is the main debate I see.

http://biblehub.com/psalms/119-9.htm

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,423
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

A believer has to ponder and consider the cost. It going to cost him something to keep this heart pure and stay on the straight and narrow pathway.  Have had very few speak of this , even on this forum.  The whole counsel of the word must be preached.  It is commendable and delightful to encourage, but rest of the truth must be in the package to.  

Suffering is part of the believer journey till he is called home, and while no one likes to think of it, the truth of it must also be accompanied with the exhortations ect.   It gona cost you something to remain pure and live a holy  life. 

Luke 14 King James Version (KJV)

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

56 minutes ago, naominash said:

How does a Christian make themselves pure? That is the main debate I see.

Ultimately, purity is a result and consequence of being changed by God.   If it could come about by our own willpower, discipline, sincerity, zeal, and efforts, how is that any different from any other religion that teaches people to work harder at being good?   Any success we achieve is then really not much different than getting better at keeping new years resolutions which is something any non-Christian could do.   The uniqueness of Christianity is that it is not about our own efforts.  It is about actually being a new creation miraculously created inside of us for whom good works, purity, holiness, love, joy, peace, patience, and the other characteristics of fruit of the spirit is what naturally flows out.  

I just got done writing a PM to someone talking about change in our lives that is probably relevant to this discussion.   Over the years, I've seen two types of change in my life I'll describe with two visual images.  The first is an acorn slowly turning into an oak tree.   The second is a levee holding back flood waters that starts to weaken and crack, and then just suddenly fails.  Gaining positive aspects in my life is usually a growth process.  Shedding negative aspects in my life is often more like the levee breaking; it was something holding me back that God (through various means)  broke that I could be free from.  Sometimes that breaking of the levee process took time to slowly break it;  sometimes it was near instantaneous. 

Often the positive things we want in our life have to grow.  We need to gain strength, practice, mature, and just simply grow into those things.  We don't get to know God well in one day; it's a lifetime.  We don't learn the Bible in one day; it's months, years, and decades of reading and study.   Those behaviors and attitudes that characterize a Christian are something that grow inside of us and become a natural outflow from our lives.

Often the negative things in our life that we want to get rid of (or that we don't know we have that God wants to get rid of) are things to shed and drop.  Some things are easy to drop off and we can just decide to drop them.  However, other things cling to us like flypaper, velcro, or burdock; or are deeply embedded into us and have been part of us for much of our lives.  Sometimes it takes God healing us from a spiritual and emotional "broken leg" that has kept us from walking properly.  Sometimes it takes God freeing us from lies that we have believed about ourselves and others.  Sometimes these things will drop off like taking off a heavy backpack. Other times it will be like being freed from chains or bonds.   Other times, it will be like slowly being led out from a forest we've gotten lost in.

I think the key thing to understand is that God uses different means to produce both the positive things and to eliminate the negative.  Often, Christians try to do it all via one type of means.  I will read the Bible and pray more.  I will cry and agonize over repenting more fervently.  I will go the church more.  I will deny myself more.  Often, the means we choose simply boils down to us trying harder to change our selves in our own energy and efforts.  We then beat ourselves up  over the fact that we  cannot successfully change ourselves.   

Anyway, that's my take on things. :) 

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

A believer has to ponder and consider the cost. It going to cost him something to keep this heart pure and stay on the straight and narrow pathway.  Have had very few speak of this , even on this forum.  The whole counsel of the word must be preached.  It is commendable and delightful to encourage, but rest of the truth must be in the package to.  

Suffering is part of the believer journey till he is called home, and while no one likes to think of it, the truth of it must also be accompanied with the exhortations ect.   It gona cost you something to remain pure and live a holy  life. 

Luke 14 King James Version (KJV)

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

And on that note ,   dig in deep .    Their is absolutely no doubt in my mind that in shorter time than some realize we going to be hunted down.

The very path this  world is on ,  is in search of an all inclusive god at all costs .     On this path ,  the ones that hang and cling to the doctrine OF JESUS ONLY saves

will be hated and hated more than ever .    The only even remote type of christanity that will be accepted ,  will be one so lukewarm

that at the extreme very most it might still even consider Jesus as simply a way among many .  And that is the extreme least version

Society and  religions will soon not tolerate any fundamental belief.   Now , we know all other fundamental beliefs are false ,   but on this path

I say again,  WONT any type of fundamental belief be accepted .     ONLY an all inclusive god that simply accepts evil and embraces all kinds of socities evils.

SO with all this being said,   knowing what the cost will soon be ,    COUNT IT all JOY and just ONWARD in the LORD with no fear of man , no fear of suffering

no fear of death or rejection .  Simply ONWARD in the LORD counting all things we lose and only gain to know Him more .    YEAH ,  sing that one to the whole wide world .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

According to God purity can never be sourced from impure

James 3:11
11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
KJV

God only 'IS' purity thus we can only from begin of salvation- which of faith alone in Christ alone through His grace alone... to eternal state rely upon God alone!
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 4/25/2018 at 3:58 PM, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I do not care about this world, I do not care for what it has to offer... We know its deeds (they are evil), we know its end, which is destruction.

Who would want to follow this evil world?! Who would want to follow the spirit of disobedience?! Their end is destruction.

On 4/26/2018 at 8:01 AM, frienduff thaylorde said:

Society and  religions will soon not tolerate any fundamental belief.   Now , we know all other fundamental beliefs are false ,   but on this path

I say again,  WONT any type of fundamental belief be accepted .     ONLY an all inclusive god that simply accepts evil and embraces all kinds of socities evils.

SO with all this being said,   knowing what the cost will soon be ,    COUNT IT all JOY and just ONWARD in the LORD with no fear of man , no fear of suffering

no fear of death or rejection .  Simply ONWARD in the LORD counting all things we lose and only gain to know Him more .    YEAH ,  sing that one to the whole wide world .

Jesus says: "Fear not,   in the world you will have persecution (painful),  but

BE OF GOOD CHEER,  I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD"  

• Praise God! 1