• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, LadyKay said:

they are there I will eat them. :coffee:

I don't like coffee. I bring my bottle of ice tea in. Shhhhh.........:32:

Ice tea?  Southerner alert! Southerner alert!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

What you use to attract people is what you must use to keep people.  So attract people by preaching the Word.  Down with the circus and up with Jesus.  It is the preaching of the cross that calls out the believers from the world.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, JoeChan82 said:

Ice tea?  Southerner alert! Southerner alert!

Even in the winter I got my ice tea! 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/26/2018 at 4:42 PM, Abby-Joy said:

The churches are in a sad state...most rely on sermonettes filled with catch phrases and hollywood references...light shows and entertainment. I visited a church a week ago and that is what I saw...no solid meat, references to hollywood movies or worldy music...you walk in, grab coffee, donuts, etc ...sit down to a light show and entertainment, get a shallow message, skimpy on the Word and plenty of catch phrases ....an announcement for their upcoming "1980's prom night" for young adults.... leave and get more coffee, etc, and a parting gift. Sigh .....I won't be going back. :( 

"The churches" ?, "Sermonettes"?,  "Catch phrases"? Hey please, come visit sometime if you have an hour and  a half for worship and verse by verse presentation with exposition of the word of God plus and hour or more of lesson from scholars that know their Hebrew and their Greek.

If you have six years of Sundays plus study time, you can go through the book of Matthew as many here did, or spend one hundred and seventy eight hours in the book of Psalms.

Now warning, you will be expected to find some ministry to be of service in at the local body if you do decide to come full time. And you might find yourself going to Italy Nigeria Papua New Guinea, France, El Salvador, and even Connecticut, for short term missions support.

Sorry!, but I do get tired of individuals knocking  "the churches" when there are so many saints in Christ that  are members of local bodies of Christ Jesus that go into all the world with the gospel of Jesus so that many may be presented as mature in the Lord. 

I just can't imagine that  the Holy Spirit is not leading many to  "the churches". I have to consider and  think  that maybe some are just resisting going where they are being sent.

I know the Holy Spirit has led and dragged me clean across country more than once. I know I resisted too, but at the end I did see that I was being led and I then obeyed.

Makes me wonder that if churches are indeed bad it isn't because  some people just won't go where the Holy Spirit directs them to go and be of help. Instead they sit and type out how bad churches are.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

53 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Your church wouldn't have me in the ministry God uses me in ...I've been in probably 30 or so over the last 7 or 8 yrs. They are afraid to know what is truly going on right under their noses and don't want any part of ministering to those coming out of (born into) the occult. 

You are out of line saying I am not led by Holy Spirit. God led me to a church and I was led to speak to the pastor, co-pastor, and 3 women's ministry leaders about the realities of satanic ritual abuse and trauma-based mind control. The pastor was very gracious, but he was afraid and began to avoid me. The co-pastor completely silent. The women's ministry leader walked me out of the church and said I didn't belong there. 

Three years later, she contacted me and apologized and said that my testimony was valuable and they (she/the church/leaders) had no idea at the time how needed my testimony was, but now on this side, it made sense why God sent me. 

So brother, please be careful how you accuse a sister.

Thank you,

Abby

There was a blanket indictment of the churches made; "The churches are in a sad state...most rely on sermonettes filled with catch phrases and hollywood references...light shows and entertainment.".

I  refuted that as being an over reaching accusation. I do have to stand by my response. Anyone is  always welcome to visit here if they are in the subtropics, or even  participate online with livestream or the archived services.

I do get tired of the constant church bashing that goes on as it just gives extra excuse for anyone that might come worship together not to go, not to even try. Plus, I think that some churches might benefit if those that stay away  carping about the churches would join in rather than find fault. They might participate and even improve the fellowship- never know, could happen.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I think this place is not for me. It is getting so that even the formerly kind members are hateful.... I believe some people need to check where they are with Jesus if they cannot even show basic brotherly love...

Disgusting....

Lil abby you loved sister .    Don't let it drag you down .     You just raise those hands up sister and praise the LORD .   

• Loved it! 2