Sign in to follow this  
Christine

Will David Reign During the Millennium

‘For unto us a child is born, 
unto us a son is given: 
and the government shall be upon His shoulder: 
and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, 
The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace 
there shall be no end, 
upon the throne of David, 
and upon His kingdom, 
to order it, and to establish it 
with judgment and with justice 
from henceforth even for ever. 
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.’
(Isa 9:6-7)  

* We know that Christ Jesus the risen Lord will reign during the millennium.

‘But they shall serve the LORD  their God, 
and David their king, 
whom I will raise up unto them.’

(Jer 30:9)  

* Does Jeremiah 30:9 refer to David or does it refer to Christ, the Son of David? 

‘And David my servant shall be king over them; 
and they all shall have one shepherd: 
they shall also walk in My judgments, 
and observe My statutes, 
and do them.’

(Eze 37:24) 

* Will David be the Lord's vice regent perhaps?

'But they shall serve the Lord (Jehovah)  
their God
(Elohim)
and David their king 
whom I will raise up 
unto them'.

(Jer. 30:9)  

‘And I the LORD (Jehovah) will be their God, (Elohim) 
and my servant David a prince among them; 
I the LORD
(Jehovah) have spoken it.’
(Ezek.34:24)

'Afterward shall the children of Israel return, 
and seek the LORD
(Jehovah) their God (Elohim)
and David their king; 
and shall fear the LORD 
(Jehovah)
and His goodness 
in the latter days.'

(Hos 3:5) 

I would value your input.
Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Chris,

Good to see you starting a discussion and an interesting one at that. Now my thoughts are that the man `David` who will rule over Israel as King/prince in the millennium is a (contemporary) man, not the Lord and not king David of old.

The reasons being that the Lord is on His throne over all, and king David of old is in the general Assembly, (Heb. 11:32) in heaven.

Now the reason I believe that David, the king of Israel in the millennium is a (contemporary) man, is that he will produce offspring, sons.

`Thus says the Lord God: "If the prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons; it is their possession by inheritance.` (Ez. 46: 16)

Marilyn. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Chris,

Good to see you starting a discussion and an interesting one at that. Now my thoughts are that the man `David` who will rule over Israel as King/prince in the millennium is a (contemporary) man, not the Lord and not king David of old.

The reasons being that the Lord is on His throne over all, and king David of old is in the general Assembly, (Heb. 11:32) in heaven.

Now the reason I believe that David, the king of Israel in the millennium is a (contemporary) man, is that he will produce offspring, sons.

`Thus says the Lord God: "If the prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons; it is their possession by inheritance.` (Ez. 46: 16)

Marilyn. 

'But they shall serve the Lord (Jehovah)  
their God 
(Elohim)
and David their king 
whom I will raise up 
unto them'.

(Jer. 30:9) 

Thank you, Marilyn,

Yes, in the verse, (above) David will be 'raised up' by God. Are we not to consider 'whom I will raise up' to mean, a resurrection from among dead ones?  For David after all is 'dead' and buried. (Act 13:36),

'For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, 
fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:'

Forgive me, but Hebrew 11:32 says nothing about a 'general assembly in heaven', only lists some of it's members.  Hebrews 12:22 refers to 'the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven;'  but, 'written in heaven', is quite different to them being 'in heaven'.  No reference is made to that being the case.  That would require a resurrection, and that had not taken place at the time of writing.  That was their 'hope' only; yet to be attained.

‘And I the LORD (Jehovah) will be their God, (Elohim) 
and my servant David a prince among them; 
I the LORD
(Jehovah) have spoken it.’
(Ezek.34:24)

It is David which is mentioned quite specifically though, Marilyn, in the verse (above), and why would that be the case if 'another' is to fulfil this role?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine

The Lord will reign over the earth and David will be resurrected and he will reign over Israel

something that I heard many, many years ago,  was that the same word used for "David" is the same word translated as "my beloved".  I believe that word is pronounced "Dod".   H1730/2.

The PuP 

7 hours ago, Christine said:

Forgive me, but Hebrew 11:32 says nothing about a 'general assembly in heaven', only lists some of it's members.  Hebrews 12:22 refers to 'the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven;'  but, 'written in heaven', is quite different to them being 'in heaven'.  No reference is made to that being the case.  That would require a resurrection, and that had not taken place at the time of writing.  That was their 'hope' only; yet to be attained.

Hi Chris,

If you look at bit further in Hebrews 12: 23 we will see that the Old Testament saints are mentioned there.

`...to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the judge of all, TO THE SPIRITS OF JUST MEN MADE PERFECT.` (Heb. 12: 23)

regards, Marilyn.

Another thought - `And it is appointed for men to die ONCE,....` (Heb. 9: 27)

We know that King David (OT) has died, thus he will not be resurrected to die again. The David who is king in the millennium will die for he has sons that he leaves his inheritance to. Thus he is just a mortal man at that time.

Marilyn.

On 4/26/2018 at 7:08 PM, Marilyn C said:

It seems to me that you are taking liberty of things not said in scripture when you:

1.  Change his title from prince to a king; and

2.  Name him (as an ordinary man named David)  to be  someone other than KING David.

"We know that King David (OT) has died, thus he will not be resurrected to die again"

Know that David will be immortal and will rule over Israel during the millennial kingdom  

3 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

It seems to me that you are taking liberty of things not said in scripture when you:

1.  Change his title from prince to a king; and

2.  Name him (as an ordinary man named David)  to be  someone other than KING David.

Hi Da Puppers,

Actually God`s word calls him a Prince - `All the people of the land shall give this offering for the Prince in Israel.` (Ez. 45: 16)

This king David has sons and when he dies he will give his inheritance to them.

`If the Prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons...` (Ez. 46: 16)

Marilyn.

Sign in to follow this