• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

‘For unto us a child is born, 
unto us a son is given: 
and the government shall be upon His shoulder: 
and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, 
The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace 
there shall be no end, 
upon the throne of David, 
and upon His kingdom, 
to order it, and to establish it 
with judgment and with justice 
from henceforth even for ever. 
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.’
(Isa 9:6-7)  

* We know that Christ Jesus the risen Lord will reign during the millennium.

‘But they shall serve the LORD  their God, 
and David their king, 
whom I will raise up unto them.’

(Jer 30:9)  

* Does Jeremiah 30:9 refer to David or does it refer to Christ, the Son of David? 

‘And David my servant shall be king over them; 
and they all shall have one shepherd: 
they shall also walk in My judgments, 
and observe My statutes, 
and do them.’

(Eze 37:24) 

* Will David be the Lord's vice regent perhaps?

'But they shall serve the Lord (Jehovah)  
their God
(Elohim)
and David their king 
whom I will raise up 
unto them'.

(Jer. 30:9)  

‘And I the LORD (Jehovah) will be their God, (Elohim) 
and my servant David a prince among them; 
I the LORD
(Jehovah) have spoken it.’
(Ezek.34:24)

'Afterward shall the children of Israel return, 
and seek the LORD
(Jehovah) their God (Elohim)
and David their king; 
and shall fear the LORD 
(Jehovah)
and His goodness 
in the latter days.'

(Hos 3:5) 

I would value your input.
Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Chris,

Good to see you starting a discussion and an interesting one at that. Now my thoughts are that the man `David` who will rule over Israel as King/prince in the millennium is a (contemporary) man, not the Lord and not king David of old.

The reasons being that the Lord is on His throne over all, and king David of old is in the general Assembly, (Heb. 11:32) in heaven.

Now the reason I believe that David, the king of Israel in the millennium is a (contemporary) man, is that he will produce offspring, sons.

`Thus says the Lord God: "If the prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons; it is their possession by inheritance.` (Ez. 46: 16)

Marilyn. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Chris,

Good to see you starting a discussion and an interesting one at that. Now my thoughts are that the man `David` who will rule over Israel as King/prince in the millennium is a (contemporary) man, not the Lord and not king David of old.

The reasons being that the Lord is on His throne over all, and king David of old is in the general Assembly, (Heb. 11:32) in heaven.

Now the reason I believe that David, the king of Israel in the millennium is a (contemporary) man, is that he will produce offspring, sons.

`Thus says the Lord God: "If the prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons; it is their possession by inheritance.` (Ez. 46: 16)

Marilyn. 

'But they shall serve the Lord (Jehovah)  
their God 
(Elohim)
and David their king 
whom I will raise up 
unto them'.

(Jer. 30:9) 

Thank you, Marilyn,

Yes, in the verse, (above) David will be 'raised up' by God. Are we not to consider 'whom I will raise up' to mean, a resurrection from among dead ones?  For David after all is 'dead' and buried. (Act 13:36),

'For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, 
fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:'

Forgive me, but Hebrew 11:32 says nothing about a 'general assembly in heaven', only lists some of it's members.  Hebrews 12:22 refers to 'the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven;'  but, 'written in heaven', is quite different to them being 'in heaven'.  No reference is made to that being the case.  That would require a resurrection, and that had not taken place at the time of writing.  That was their 'hope' only; yet to be attained.

‘And I the LORD (Jehovah) will be their God, (Elohim) 
and my servant David a prince among them; 
I the LORD
(Jehovah) have spoken it.’
(Ezek.34:24)

It is David which is mentioned quite specifically though, Marilyn, in the verse (above), and why would that be the case if 'another' is to fulfil this role?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

The Lord will reign over the earth and David will be resurrected and he will reign over Israel

7 hours ago, Christine said:

Forgive me, but Hebrew 11:32 says nothing about a 'general assembly in heaven', only lists some of it's members.  Hebrews 12:22 refers to 'the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven;'  but, 'written in heaven', is quite different to them being 'in heaven'.  No reference is made to that being the case.  That would require a resurrection, and that had not taken place at the time of writing.  That was their 'hope' only; yet to be attained.

Hi Chris,

If you look at bit further in Hebrews 12: 23 we will see that the Old Testament saints are mentioned there.

`...to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the judge of all, TO THE SPIRITS OF JUST MEN MADE PERFECT.` (Heb. 12: 23)

regards, Marilyn.

Another thought - `And it is appointed for men to die ONCE,....` (Heb. 9: 27)

We know that King David (OT) has died, thus he will not be resurrected to die again. The David who is king in the millennium will die for he has sons that he leaves his inheritance to. Thus he is just a mortal man at that time.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

"We know that King David (OT) has died, thus he will not be resurrected to die again"

Know that David will be immortal and will rule over Israel during the millennial kingdom  

3 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

It seems to me that you are taking liberty of things not said in scripture when you:

1.  Change his title from prince to a king; and

2.  Name him (as an ordinary man named David)  to be  someone other than KING David.

Hi Da Puppers,

Actually God`s word calls him a Prince - `All the people of the land shall give this offering for the Prince in Israel.` (Ez. 45: 16)

This king David has sons and when he dies he will give his inheritance to them.

`If the Prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons...` (Ez. 46: 16)

Marilyn.

2 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"We know that King David (OT) has died, thus he will not be resurrected to die again"

Know that David will be immortal and will rule over Israel during the millennial kingdom  

Hi Daniel,

Actually God`s word says differently -

`These all died in faith not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, they were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare that they seek a homeland.

And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God, is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16)

Note; (king) David in V. 32.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Chris,

If you look at bit further in Hebrews 12: 23 we will see that the Old Testament saints are mentioned there.

`...to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the judge of all, TO THE SPIRITS OF JUST MEN MADE PERFECT.` (Heb. 12: 23)

regards, Marilyn.

Thank you, @Marilyn, for bringing me back to Hebrews 12:23, in regard to the words, '... to the spirits of just men made perfect', which you have done to justify your belief that the Old Testament saints listed in Hebrews 11, are now 'in' heaven. 

The Hebrew saints listed in Hebrews 11, had been perfected, in that they had remained faithful, even unto death. They had run the race, and reached the tape - victorious!  Praise God!

This looks to the city whose Builder and Maker is God, the New Jerusalem, the Holy City, the Bride of the Lamb. 

The writer, having looked back to mount Sinai, and what pertained under the Old Covenant, with Moses as Mediator, now looks ahead to the hope set before these Hebrew Christians, under the New Covenant, with Christ as their mediator.  This is the believing remnant of Israel called out during the Acts period, a special company, who were called to  also go on unto perfection, to endure unto the end, with this glorious hope in view. When the Church of the firstborn will be complete and enter into it's inheritance as 'The Bride', 'The Lamb's Wife'.

They look for a 'Better Resurrection', they have not yet attained to it. 

With love, in Christ Jesus.

Chris

Edited by Christine