• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi beloved brethren and sistren

11 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Many have experienced personality changes as well as changes in likes and dislikes. Another that many don't talk about is the fact that memories are stored in every cell of the body. So the recipient could experience reliving or having flashes of the memories of the deceased person they receiced an organ from. (This is the same reason scientists are interested in cloning...)  

What you have said has absolute merit, Abby-Joy.   Whilst I would gladly give everything I can, and don't want anyone to go without life-saving medication or blood or other organs, this has been a question floating around in my mind for a while.  I think, for me, the jury is still out on this one.

Having said this, we have ticked the box on our drivers' licenses to say yes to donation! (I still want to give to help someone else.)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Many Christians would have died in house fires etc so this is not a problem re:resurrection.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, naominash said:

Good point. Sometimes I get paranoid that if I get cremated after my death, my resurrected body won't manifest properly.

God created the universe. Dont you think He can resurrect your body properly if you are cremated, or given a burial at sea, or eaten by animals or or or etc?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Btw, in the us, morticians can take bone sections from your legs to sell to companies for bone grafts. They can do it without anyones permission. So the chances are likely that you wont be whole anyway when you are buried. 

I have 3 bone grafts now from such donations.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Btw, in the us, morticians can take bone sections from your legs to sell to companies for bone grafts. They can do it without anyones permission. So the chances are likely that you wont be whole anyway when you are buried. 

I have 3 bone grafts now from such donations.

This proves that if consent is not an issue with the health system or no big deal then while:

A: The patients who benefit can sing the praises that come from this practice.

B: The established system that the morticians work towards, puts no limit on what can be used or taken from the deceased and it is allowed to develop into a multi-million dollar industry within the private health care industry. Effectively using the dead to make the living agree a price for health or even a life!

So while good can and does come out from it, so does greed and corruption too.

The problem I see ahead there, is if someones deceased body becomes valued higher than it is living. (the whole being less than its individual parts type thing) and who on earth becomes the judge of valuing? (where consent is a non issue or totally missing).

Aldus Huxley wrote about this but never gave a solution of how to stop it.

Luke 9:60 

Mathew 10:28

Edited by Dan_79

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

..." Another that many don't talk about is the fact that memories are stored in every cell of the body. "...

Ahh,  that explains why I have gotten so forgetful, it is all that fingernail clipping over the years.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I've given this much thought. The Bible can't directly address this because organ transplants didn't exist when the Bible was written. I personally feel weird about allowing parts of my body to be used after death but if I needed an eye or a heart to stay alive I'd be grateful to whomever donated it. So I think it's a matter of how you feel. Maybe this applies: Jesus said to give your life for a friend is the extreme act of love, so giving an organ after death may also be seen as an act of love. I don't think Jesus would have opposed it if such things were possible in His day.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 4/27/2018 at 7:55 PM, HisFirst said:

Many Christians would have died in house fires etc so this is not a problem re:resurrection.

I agree. My pastor said, “if it was good enough for Joan of Arc, then it’s good enough for us.” He was referring to how Joan and other Christians were burned at the stake (Jam Hus, John Wycliffe, and etc). Surely, the same God (Holy Trinity) that made Adam from dust (Geneis 2:7), Eve from a rib (Genesis 2:22) and all of us when we were microscopic, can take ashes and resurrect us. 

Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.” (Geneis 2:7) 

“Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.“ (Genesis 2:22)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

If im dead, why and someone needs one of my organs to live, why not let them have it? I no longer have use for it. Cant think of a single legitimate reason biblical or otherwise, not to donate my organs.

Edited by The_Patriot2018

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

A close childhood friend of my family I grew up with was facing eminent death when he was a kid, because of total kidney failure. His older teenage brother gave him one of his own and they each had a single kidney, and lived a normal life, each with only one kidney. It wasn't till I was an adult later that I realized the sacrifice his brother made. Worked for them.

• Thumbs Up 1