IGNORED

Do we have to do good works to be saved ?

Wayne222

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

What if He comes down and does this...

Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. (Zec 14:3-4)

It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and it shall be lifted up above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it, and many nations shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. He shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide disputes for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore; but they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree, and no one shall make them afraid, for the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken. For all the peoples walk each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever. In that day, declares the LORD, I will assemble the lame and gather those who have been driven away and those whom I have afflicted; and the lame I will make the remnant, and those who were cast off, a strong nation; and the LORD will reign over them in Mount Zion from this time forth and forevermore.
(Mic 4:1-7)

Don't you know that the disciples teach that all this has happened. 

• Oy Vey! 1

Just now, Yowm said:

Whose disciples? Do you actually hold to preterism?

First of all you know that I said the disciples and when we read the bible and knowing that we believe in Jesus CHRIST you have the answer to your question. 

Now come and tell me why you hold to that belief that all this has not happen. That Jesus CHRIST- the Lord , the Christ to be by being born in Bethlehem.

He is not the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings, and every knee shall bow before him, everyone in his time. 

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Jesus has not yet stood on the mount of Olives. The mount of Olives have not cleaved east and westward. No valley has formed yet due to that event.

NOW TELL ME WHY YOU THINK IT HAPPENED.

So that's what you want to see to believe. 

I am not going to ask you the size of Jesus. 

Jesus has already stand upon the mount of olives and has made peace with God .

The mountain shall be remove, the way to God is open, he is our peace he open the way for all the nations to come to God , we are his children , born from him. 

And we are in the moundain of Zion his holy mountain and he rains from his Throne on the mount Zion. 

His mountain is on the top of every other mountain . 

Are you waiting to see that too to believe it has happened. 

• Oy Vey! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Of course not.

Titus 3:5-7 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

"a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus" (Gal.2:16)

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

We do good works BECAUSE we are saved, not in order to BECOME saved.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

“Strawberry Fields Forever” was always one of my favorite Beatles tunes.....sad to say,the song has as much Bible in it as this hogwash.That would be none.  The line from the song— “ misunderstanding all you see” springs to mind.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

11 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I was commenting about another intentification about the one Jesus gives to those who believe in him.

He gives his righteousness and his ETERNAL LIFE. 

"So as he is so are we"

It does creates fear , the suggestion to those who confess faith in Jesus Christ, that they don't realy believe because the way they live. 

Intents to cause fear in them, the fear of going to Hell. 

So they seek to aliviate and remedy  the fear of death, or going to Hell with their good works. 

That what I said we do not live in fear because Jesus will rain for ever from the Heavenly Throne.

And we want him to stay there on the right hand of the Father. 

He can come down the way he came down and appeared to Paul after his ansention, and the way he appeared to John in the isles of Patmos. 

Proverbs 1:7

Mathew 10:26

Edited by Dan_79

2 hours ago, Dan_79 said:

Proverbs 1:7

Mathew 10:26

I don't read provebrs, and what is in Mathieu 10:26, you would like to discuss....

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

20 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Well, Eph 2:8-9 is proof that James 2 is not referring to faith that saves, it's referring to Godly righteousness. The faith that saves is only through believing and confessing. James 2 is referring to works. God bless

I think you have miss understood my meaning. I'm still a little unsure what you mean by the faith that doesn't save, which you say is James 2. I was under the impression all faith is from God & is beneficial for salvation.

Many will say they have faith.

Are they displaying the faith or are they the ones that Jesus says I never knew you.    These are Christians

James 2:14-16 is the acid test, are you living the transformed life of faith in Christ, if so where's the evidence. Arr! your good works.

Faith without works is dead, its a dead faith. 

Though works will never save us & Gods gift of faith & His transforming gift & the desire HE places in us to do good works, the works done reflect our true nature & faith.

& the books were opened & the dead were judged according to their works. Why works? because it shows God in us.

The works don't save but reflect the faith in us that does save. So the works & the faith are working together.

For me James & Ephesians are linked, not separate.

God bless brother, I don't mind if we disagree I enjoy looking more closely & you have directed me Thanks

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, Gary Lee said:

Hi Mike. I have always wondered should I ask forgiveness for my sins, when all my sins, past, present. and future have already been forgiven. In 1st john I am commanded to confess my sins, and He is faithful to forgive them (and cleanse me from 'all' unrighteousness). I do confess sins as needed, immediately, and press on. I cannot find anywhere that says to seek forgiveness. Could you tell/show where the scripture is. Thanks.

Act_26:18  To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me

Eph_1:7  In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hi Gary and using the word seek may have been the wrong word to use. Let me ask how often do we sin. Do you think once a day , once a week, once a month, once a year. How often should go to he Lord to as for forgiveness of our sins. 

Example is in the Lords prayer How often should we pray the Lords prayer. It says forgive our trespasses ( sins). Would we say well I didn't sin today so I will wait to see if I sin tomorrow.  I hope this helps.

God bless 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Hi Gary and using the word seek may have been the wrong word to use. Let me ask how often do we sin. Do you think once a day , once a week, once a month, once a year. How often should go to he Lord to as for forgiveness of our sins. 

Example is in the Lords prayer How often should we pray the Lords prayer. It says forgive our trespasses ( sins). Would we say well I didn't sin today so I will wait to see if I sin tomorrow.  I hope this helps.

God bless 

Hi Mike. Thanks for the heads up, on the Lord's prayer. I use the word debts and debtors instead of trespasses(sin). Assume it is the same? 
Mat 6:12  And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

You say; 'Let me ask how often do we sin. Do you think once a day , once a week, once a month, once a year'.

Just to be honest, more like 'once or more  an hour' By that I mean, I see myself throughout the day constantly confessing something as sin.  A response that could have been much nicer, a thought that was in anger or lust or desire. Pride creeping in. Vain imaginations (:  I try to catch it before it becomes a sin, but I agree with God that it is a sin, in it's infancy, and say I choose not to sin(I see the mark/target set by God and confirmed by the word hidden in my heart). Throughout the day, I try to be more 'God aware' and am simply confessing my thoughts and actions that need to be improved. Most would say that is not sin. I say "sin is missing the mark or standard by which God would have me meet" I may barely miss it, but a miss is a miss. I simply say, 'that's sin' and move on. I don't get into morbid introspection. I confessed it as God says to do. An archer that hits the target hits the mark. If he only misses by a fraction, he misses the mark. I hold myself to the same standard. A miss is a miss, even just a tiny fraction. And I agree with God. People say that unintentional sins are not sin. An archer does not intentionally miss the mark, (: but when he does miss it, unintentionally of course, it's still a miss. (sin) Would like to hang out with one of those posters who claim going days or weeks or months without sinning (missing the mark, even a tiny miss) Do they think God does not know their thoughts? 

You ask;  How often should go to he Lord to as for forgiveness of our sins. 
I do not ask forgiveness for sins already forgiven. But as to how many times do I go to the Lord to confess sins? 

EVERY TIME! All day. I agree with God. I am Not without sin.

Remember the dude saying "BE merciful to me a sinner" and what the Lord said about the other self righteous one?

Edited by Gary Lee