IGNORED

Do we have to do good works to be saved ?

Wayne222

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

This doesn't answer my question at all?   How is a persons name that once was entered into the book of life, be removed from the book of life?

It seems to me that those written in the book of life believed and are now born again.

According to these passages, if you are not written in the book of life you are a nonbeliever..

Rev 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Rev 17:8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

Rev 20:15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

6 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

This doesn't answer my question at all?   How is a persons name that once was entered into the book of life, be removed from the book of life?

Judas was never saved.  Joh 17:12  While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

2Co 7:10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Judas repented but in the world's way.  It was not leading to trusting in Christ.  He was never restored to fellowship with the apostles.  Instead he give back the money that bribed him but then committed suicide.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, KiwiChristian said:

I know that catholics believed they are saved by grace.

but in order to get that grace, certain things must be done.

CANON 9:  "If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema."

Canon 14: "If any one saith, that man is truly absolved from his sins and justified, because that he assuredly believed himself absolved and justified; or, that no one is truly justified but he who believes himself justified; and that, by this faith alone, absolution and justification are effected; let him be anathema."

Canon 24:  "If any one saith, that the justice received is not preserved and also increased before God through good works; but that the said works are merely the fruits and signs of Justification obtained, but not a cause of the increase thereof; let him be anathema."

Canon 30:  "If any one saith, that, after the grace of Justification has been received, to every penitent sinner the guilt is remitted, and the debt of eternal punishment is blotted out in such wise, that there remains not any debt of temporal punishment to be discharged either in this world, or in the next in Purgatory, before the entrance to the kingdom of heaven can be opened (to him); let him be anathema."

Thank you my friend; I Soooooo Appreciate evidence of one's position!

There are many FORMS of God's graceL

GRACE. In biblical language the condescension or benevolence (Greek charis) shown by God toward the human race; it is also the unmerited gift proceeding from this benevolent disposition. Grace, therefore, is a totally gratuitous gift on which man has absolutely no claim. Where on occasion the Scriptures speak of grace as pleasing charm or thanks for favors received, this is a derived and not primary use of the term.

As the Church has come to explain the meaning of grace, it refers to something more than the gifts of nature, such as creation or the blessings of bodily health. Grace is the supernatural gift that God, of his free benevolence, bestows on rational creatures for their eternal salvation. The gifts of grace are essentially supernatural. They surpass the being, powers, and claims of created nature, namely sanctifying grace, the infused virtues, the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and actual grace. They are the indispensable means necessary to reach the beatific vision. In a secondary sense, grace also includes such blessings as the miraculous gifts of prophecy or healing, or the preternatural gifts of freedom from concupiscence.

The essence of grace, properly so called, is its gratuity, since no creature has a right to the beatific vision, and its finality or purpose is to lead one to eternal life. (Etym. Latin gratia, favor; a gift freely given.) See also ACTUAL GRACE, EFFICACIOUS GRACE, HABITUAL GRACE, JUSTIFYING GRACE, SACRAMENTAL GRACE, SANCTIFYING GRACE, SUFFICIENT GRACE. End Quotes; Father Hardon's Catholic Dictionary

Among the chief benefits of being an Informed and fully practicing Roman catholic is having access to ALL SEVEN of the Sacraments; each instituted by Jesus Christ. Grace is a FREE GIFT from God; and normally God alone determines who will be offered His Grace; the type and the amount of grace.

But with SACRAMENTAL-grace; it is WE who initiate THIS flow of God's graces to us. Certainly GOD determines the amounts based on the Priest or Bishop's efficacy and the belief and worthy-acceptance of the recipient. We are ALL aware of the necessity {John 3:5} of Sacramental Baptism; and its effects; but we Catholics are gifted Sacramental Confession {sin forgiveness GODS WAY}; Jn 20"19-23 & the Most Holy Eucharist; Jesus Christ Really; Truly and Substantially PRESENT in Catholic Holy Communion; so we have grace opportunities of a magnitude imagined outside of the RCC & Orthodox Churches.  This is testified to by FIVE different authors of the Catholic New Testament & JESUS Himself.

Easter Blessings,

Patrick

2 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

I know that catholics believed they are saved by grace.

but in order to get that grace, certain things must be done.

CANON 9:  "If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema."

Canon 14: "If any one saith, that man is truly absolved from his sins and justified, because that he assuredly believed himself absolved and justified; or, that no one is truly justified but he who believes himself justified; and that, by this faith alone, absolution and justification are effected; let him be anathema."

Canon 24:  "If any one saith, that the justice received is not preserved and also increased before God through good works; but that the said works are merely the fruits and signs of Justification obtained, but not a cause of the increase thereof; let him be anathema."

Canon 30:  "If any one saith, that, after the grace of Justification has been received, to every penitent sinner the guilt is remitted, and the debt of eternal punishment is blotted out in such wise, that there remains not any debt of temporal punishment to be discharged either in this world, or in the next in Purgatory, before the entrance to the kingdom of heaven can be opened (to him); let him be anathema."

My friend, please share the SOURCE of these Canon's.

I hesitate to comment on them not having this information.

Thank you and Easter Blessings,

Patrick

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

19 minutes ago, Patrick Miron said:

My friend, please share the SOURCE of these Canon's.

I hesitate to comment on them not having this information.

Thank you and Easter Blessings,

Patrick

The ultimate source is Hell......nobody can read the Bible from the front to the back and come out a Catholic...thank God some people get saved DESPITE the farce of Catholicism.....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The ultimate source is Hell......nobody can read the Bible from the front to the back and come out a Catholic...thank God some people get saved DESPITE the farce of Catholicism.....

Amen!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,848
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I had a friend who as a Moslem had a relationship with a Catholic girl. 

He said to me: 

I have come to understand that Jesus is the Son of God and died for the forgiveness of our sins, and I have come to accept and believe it. 

This man knowing that I am not a Catholic, he asked me, my wife is a Catholic, is it ok that I bring up my children in the Catholic tradition? 

I said if you believe that the Catholic tradition teaches Jesus is the Christ and died and raised from the dead, and is ascended in Heaven, let it be. I said: 

Jesus Christ accepts everyone's faith in him , regardless of any religious culture. 

Jesus knew that he is sending the disciples in different coultures, and asked them to invite everyone to believe in him as they are. 

Many went in their homes snd spead the Gospel with litle teachings.

Faith is faith and coulture is coulture. 

They practice their faith in him according to their understanding. 

If their coultural traditions offend someone, that I understand, but they also have the faith in Jesus Christ, and they are saved because of their faith. 

If they practice their religious duties without faith in Jesus Christ, or recite the prayers, or participate without faith in Jesus Christ but they are doing it for other reasons, then I understand your objection to those individuals only. 

But if at the same time they do not object for their children to be taught the faith of Jesus Christ, you should be happy for that. 

Unless you believe that you have received a Gospel that says :

don't believe in JESUS CHRIST, your faith in him is not accepted unless you understand it and practice your faith the way I do.

When the disciples preach the Gospel they did not distribute any bibles, and people believe and die for their faith in the mouths of the lions, the authoriteis  did not asked what denomination are you, they asked : do you believe in Jesus CHRIST. 

But then we did not have organised religious orders.

But still they did not asked are you from the teachings of Appolos, James, Paul, Athanasios, Chrisostomos, or Peter.

Jesus gave us a command to love one another as he has loved us , he loves us as we are, they way he found us.

With Love, without judging their faith in Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

23 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

THANKS for not sharing your source:D

And "nobody can"?????? Millions have my new friend,

Easter Blessings,

Patrick

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 2018-04-28 at 12:03 AM, Wayne222 said:

NO NOT AT ALL ! LOOK TO JESUS AND BELIEVE IN HIM. All who confess Jesus and believe in him from the heart is saved. 

From the second you trust in his name you are saved. And God seals you with the holy spirit. Crying Abba Father.

Saved by Jesus ! Not by works. Just like the children of Isarel look at the pole of a snake when they got bitten. The ones who look upon it were saved from the snake bite. 

They just had to believe the order to look and when they did they were saved.

We have to look and trust God who said believe in my son. He who has the son has life eternal.

Amen and amen , we're saved by grace and not by works so nobody boast!

Jesus did it all,all to Him I own!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Patrick Miron said:

THANKS for not sharing your source:D

And "nobody can"?????? Millions have my new friend,

Easter Blessings,

Patrick

How many things does a Catholic have to do to be saved and stay saved? Paul says if you add to his Gospel you are damned Gal1:9. As far as all those blasphemous canons are concerned my source would be the entire books of Romans or Galations for a start.The millions that read the Bible and come out catholic have been badly taught and indoctrinated since they were toddlers.Catholics have said that if they get them while they are young, they’ve got them for life.Sadly that is true in most cases.Happily some escape this false religion of works and fairy tales like purgatory.

Merry Christmas, friend