• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1960

What is the definition of "Grace" as given in 2n Corinthians 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work."

Thank you for your response.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

7 hours ago, Berean said:

What is the definition of "Grace" as given in 2n Corinthians 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work."

I think the meaning encompasses so much it would take a bit to actually define. It has do to with many different spiritual things and as to how we live and respond to the world and each individual we encounter in our lives, even down to the small details, in other words, earthly things too and good works will come through grace and by the grace of God. I don't think I can explain grace off the top of my head like maybe others can. That is an interesting and deep thinking verse to study and think about.

Edit : In addition the scripture could include temptation and attacks by the enemy, both worldly and spiritually. That by the grace of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior we are equipped with the whole armor of God to help us.

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV - 

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Ephesians 6:10-18 KJV - 

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Berean said:

In that verse, "grace" refers to the stamina that God gives us to serve Him.