LadyKay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

While people can be too harsh, one really shouldn't be too soft, either. 

When you are too harsh, you not only scare off newcomers, but you make people more likely to not listen to your own point of view. When you are too soft, any particular view (no matter how bad or relevant) becomes acceptable, and so no opinion has any value and thus there are no opinions, no direction. It's a lose-lose situation either which way.

To quote Sun Tzu, a great leader leads by example, not by force. We must not strongarm other people into our own views, but we shouldn't just simply allow any or all views. It's a difficult and blurry line one has to walk. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

19 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

Aaaaand there it goes. That goodwill lasted 7 replies.

It's not that bad, LoL. I know disagreements tend to dominate the various Christian Forums, and much of it can be in a spirit that is not of God. But it's important to remember that there should be a place, in a Spirit of Love, for good honest debate and discussion as well, so I welcome it so long as it's among those who have humble Spirit in them.

Trust me, I've seen some really nasty stuff posted on Christian Forums before (and even been a part of it a few times), so I can safely say that although there is the occasional tension here at Worthy as well, this is like a Sunday walk in the park compared to what I've seen elsewhere. Worthy is actually relatively well behaved in this department, which is a credit to this community. :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

This may sound mundane But we often go through periods of great sadness especially when we grieve for a lost loved one. It says in I Thess 4:13 You do not grieve like the rest of mankind who have no hope. None the less We hurt even wondering what is hope? What comes after that? We have eternal life but what is that? Have any thought of these things

But as it is written Eye half not seen nor ear hear, neither have entered in tho the hearts man the thing which God has prepared for then that love Him I Cor 2:9

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

44 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

I see goodwill in all the posts in this threads, and am struggling now thinking for a Christlike reply. God's truth does need to be forefront. As I was caught up in the RCC for thirty years, till someone confronted me with the truth. Warrior did a good job reminding us, and was respectful to Hidden in his reply, and he in return let it be known there was no offense. Hidden was using his witnessing craft to get in the truth. I do this also to open the door for a discussion, and LATER share the light of the gospel.  Adults can have a good conversation, bring different points, even strong differences, with respect and consideration for each other. When there is no fuel, the fire goes out.              

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Satan desires to make his place among us...

Ephesians 4:27 (KJV)

[27] Neither give place to the devil.

Our place is to give him no place....

I agree.

Which is why many claim to be Christians but do not hear the voice of Jesus calling.

We are sent to find the lost brothers and sisters, if we get no joy we move on for the sake of the others. Jesus didnt stay stationary nor did the apostles either.

Edited by Dan_79

1 hour ago, pg4Him said:

Btw, PG4, my apologies if posting a "funny" to your post offended you any. For many it's not a laughing matter, especially if someone really goes after you about something. It can disturb your peace, and even effect your walk with Christ if the situation is bad enough. Just understand that the Lord will intervene and set you on higher ground if you just ask Him to, so that you are again among those who care for you and rescued from continued contact with those who do not.

God bless you, sister.

Hidden 

Edited by Hidden In Him
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

(1 John 4:1). According to the New Testament, discernment is not optional for the believer-it is required.

The key to living an uncompromising life lies in one's ability to exercise discernment in every area of his or her life. For example, failure to distinguish between truth and error leaves the Christian subject to all manner of false teaching. False teaching then leads to an unbiblical mindset, which results in unfruitful and disobedient living-a certain recipe for compromise

It is important to biblically discern right from wrong teaching. We should never let it slide. This should come from those who are mature in wisdom and not babes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, Hidden In Him said:

It's not that bad, LoL. I know disagreements tend to dominate the various Christian Forums, and much of it can be in a spirit that is not of God. But it's important to remember that there should be a place, in a Spirit of Love, for good honest debate and discussion as well, so I welcome it so long as it's among those who have humble Spirit in them.

Trust me, I've seen some really nasty stuff posted on Christian Forums before (and even been a part of it a few times), so I can safely say that although there is the occasional tension here at Worthy as well, this is like a Sunday walk in the park compared to what I've seen elsewhere. Worthy is actually relatively well behaved in this department, which is a credit to this community. :thumbsup:

Yes, this is a good community compared to some other forums....some other ones may have such unpleasantness  that one doesn't care to go back to them.

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the head, even Christ.

Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.

• This is Worthy 1

5 minutes ago, Debp said:

Yes, this is a good community compared to some other forums....some other ones may have such unpleasantness  that one doesn't care to go back to them.

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the head, even Christ.

Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.

Wonderful verses, sister. I was actually just on another Forum viewing a very divisive and contentious thread, and reading these verses couldn't be more like breath of fresh air. :)

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry if I jumped to conclusions. I've seen too many arguments in my day, so I tend to get nervous at the first sign of disagreement.