• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

It sounds like the Lord has laid this on your heart, Dan. If He has, and you respond, can anything stop you, and your vision of helping?

They could plant a fat garden.    Let the poor work and tend it .    And believe me ,  if they really are looking for help , they will work the land .

If not , you do as paul and say You don't work you don't eat .    That will show WHO really wants and desires help versus those who just WANT and have no desire to but to live OFF one .

The garden idea is excellent .   Plant them veggies .   

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

46 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

They could plant a fat garden.    Let the poor work and tend it .    And believe me ,  if they really are looking for help , they will work the land .

If not , you do as paul and say You don't work you don't eat .    That will show WHO really wants and desires help versus those who just WANT and have no desire to but to live OFF one .

The garden idea is excellent .   Plant them veggies .   

Are people just giving away lots to people to plant gardens?  I mean you just can't go onto someone's lot and plant something.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

4 hours ago, Dan_79 said:

I visited a church that houses a foodbank on its premises. These people helped a great few families.

What I didn't understand was why this one individual church had all of this vacant land around it, land that was arrable that could be used to grow food coming direct from God to the hungry?

I attended so I could ask why they were the only thing in the way of that land being used and that having a foodbank on their premises was a direct show of human need in that area and guess what I got fobbed off, but not after my idea was praised as worthy (?) 

The fig tree?

That land I calculated could feed multiple families who are landless, could be used to educate both young and old, become a place to go and meet likeminded people etc

That land is growing grass with not even animals on it.

It is very sad ?

I guess tins trump fresh in their eyes and the supermarkets (who keep 90% of the church alive) always got payment for the foodstuffs first.

(the church got the local praise, the supermarket got some profit and the government took its cut in taxes....all the main parties were kept happy first and foremost).

I could never understand how such a wasteful enterprise could have the nerve to put the foodbank donation boxes on that side of the tills.

Because of regulations regarding the handling of food. They cant just grow food and pass it out without meeting certain commercial farming standards.

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Debp said:

Just wondering how the homeless situation is in your area.   Was watching Dr. Ben Carson and he said homelessness has increased 75% in Los Angeles the past five years!!!   I know many homeless come to L.A. because of the milder weather, and also our rents are extremely high so that adds to the problem.  Also some people might get huge medical bills and end up homeless.

I see more people living in tents here the past couple of years than I've ever seen before.  The mayor is working to help them but just not enough places to shelter people.

We have a lot of that in our area, as well.   The local police have noted that several of them choose to remain homeless because if they rent an apartment or get a job, they have to register as sex offenders and to stay off that registry, they remain homeless.  They know how to game the churches and other charities in town and the city allows panhandling. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

3 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

It sounds like the Lord has laid this on your heart, Dan. If He has, and you respond, can anything stop you, and your vision of helping?

I honestly don't know.

There shouldn't be anything that can stop a good work but I question what exactly "Is" a good work.

You ask a good question, much food for thought too.

It was a good few years ago now and the foodbank is still there last time I was in town.

I had since that observation of the land, acheived more working with the homeless and after seeing all my hard work be of no lasting benefit to some of those I gave it too, has left me a little light on purpose (as of the present).

Can I just say there was nothing more disappointing than seeing some of the same homeless people after such a turn around in their lives, only to see they had returned to where you found them much earlier.

I am more of a measurer of prevention than a healer, especially after this excercise.

Some people just cannot be helped for reasons that continue to evade me.

Sorry if defeatist.

Edited by Dan_79

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Are people just giving away lots to people to plant gardens?  I mean you just can't go onto someone's lot and plant something.  

No you are right.

The observation I saw I carried to the land owner (which is a spacial term when you consider who made the land and what the bible addresses we should do with it!)

This particular Church IMHO is a government Church, using "charity" to deflect that which is caused by government.

Who else on earth would  give interference to anyone using free land for the sustenance of man?

It reminded me of the Diggers from 1649 who wikipedia have to "coat negatively" before explaining their intent.

Edited by Dan_79

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The local police have noted that several of them choose to remain homeless because if they rent an apartment or get a job, they have to register as sex offenders and to stay off that registry, they remain homeless.

That's really odd. But then I do not know the laws of your state. But where I am if you are consider a sex offender, you have to register homeless or not. They just put down on the register "homeless." So as for here, homeless dose not get you off the sex offenders list.  But the laws for such things are different state to state, and like I said. I do not know what the law states in your state on this matter.

42 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Because of regulations regarding the handling of food. They cant just grow food and pass it out without meeting certain commercial farming standards.

Yeah things are more complex then they use to be. There are all these laws about stuff. Like laws about insurance and all of that. 

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

That sounds like an authoritarian arguement.

Needing to get permission from the government to do what God has already outlined in the ordinances to do with food and how to come by it. The Church has land and if they honestly have to ask or run it past the government to get permission to use what is already theirs then I would be fighting an already lost cause. 

The government does not create anything (it takes and keeps/ steals land and covets it) 

God created the land, the people on it, the seeds in their pockets.....the metal prongs of the fork and the wooden handles of the spade.

Rules and regs deny you of what was created for you to use, to live, its promised as abundance.

The founding fathers are turning in their graves...they never asked permission..they left for pastures green and justified in doing so.

Common sense has been regulated.

Edited by Dan_79

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Sounds more like you are advocating lawlessness which goes against the teachings given in the Bible to believers. We are to obey the laws of the land,  as it tells us to submit to the authorities because they are placed over us by GOD's sovereignty. 

Ok.

So the founding fathers of USA were they lawless ??

I'm curious to know which government did they ask permission from, to leave (read escape) a tyrany armed with nothing more than a bible?

Your arguement is tired.

If you wake up to being unable to even grow your own food due to interference (even after it can be proved to be keeping you alive) then you are already living in a dictatorship.