• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Perhaps someone in one of the agencies that serve the homeless could develop a program that would work within the guidelines. 

If they were going to do it now they could of done it a long time ago.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

Vote Republican they want less government control, less bureaucracy ,  less nanny-state mentality. 

Why not Vote with your heart for Jesus and Gods Law?

Edited by Dan_79

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Really, not true.  People come up with new innovative programs all the time.  It depends who the people are and how creative, what the most pressing needs are. 

Ok.

What has stopped them for the last 50 years?

Homelessness is not a new thing.

10 minutes ago, Davida said:

The prophecy tells us what is happening and what will happen and all of GOD's Word will be fullfilled.  We live in the world & must make do until Jesus returns -- we are to OCCUPY until He comes because we are in enemy territory.  Jesus Himself said -- HIS KINGDOM is NOT of this world.

John 18: 36Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”"

When you say OCCUPY...

WHERE?

In your opinion:

while I wait for Jesus is it a sin to want to use my fathers land (that he gave to me) to use?

Or is it best to apply to a government department who offers a position that says it will help me look?

Edited by Dan_79

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

If you don't find the government has been helping the problem then blame the Democrats. 

I'm speechless.

12 minutes ago, Davida said:

Work, earn money then buy some yourself. Yes it is a sin to covet what others have and to steal what you don't own. 

Interesting you should say that as I have never said steal a thing. Not here or anywhere. At least people can go back and read what I said :)

You have replaced the word "use" and spun it to mean "steal"

(Perhapa you think the founding fathers "stole" the USA) that would make every american in possesion of stolen property lol...which is simply not true at all. 

Danger alert.

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, GreyDestiny said:

I always figured that was part of why the rent is so high there. Not only the "prestige" of living in LA, but because so much tax goes towards the homeless. You'd think they would realize that taking the price that high only adds to the problem, especially when the places don't get bought and they aren't getting the money that they're looking for. Less money is better than no money, as they say.

I live in what I would call a moderately sized town but what most others would call a small town. I don't call it small because i've been in much smaller towns, towns with slightly over 70 people to just slightly over 500 people. Tack a couple thousand onto the latter and you've got a "moderate" town here in the midwest. 

We really only get the rare homeless person wandering through town every great while. Like, i've only ever seen 2 or 3. However, there's also a larger city nearby that's been growing much lately. Not only has crime spiked up in that town, but near as i've heard, there are more homeless as well. I grow worried because it's only a matter of time before that nonsense spreads to this somewhat quiet and peaceful town. If towns keep growing, where is a small town guy like myself supposed to live? Even the town with a population of 70 won't be safe, given time.

Actually we have a severe shortage of apartments and housing in Los Angeles....so that is why the rents and home prices are astronomical.    And the landlords take advantage of this, and charge those really high rents.    The building of apartments is very slow compared to the need.  And most buildings going up are luxury buildings.

Only in older buildings like the one I live in, we are under "rent control"....but that means they can only raise the rent 3 or 4% each year.  And raise the rent they do, every year in my building.  And the rent increases add up over time.   Now I am at $1182 for a one bedroom....and that is considered very low for Los Angeles.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

37 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

Ok.

So the founding fathers of USA were they lawless ??

I'm curious to know which government did they ask permission from, to leave (read escape) a tyrany armed with nothing more than a bible?

Your arguement is tired.

If you wake up to being unable to even grow your own food due to interference (even after it can be proved to be keeping you alive) then you are already living in a dictatorship.

But its not growing your own food. Its growing food for others. 

And if you feel strongly about it, you can try and get that changed. Put together a program to get kids in churches to spend time working a garden at their church property for folks to get free vegies. Figure out how to do so without violating the laws. Take action.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

But its not growing your own food. Its growing food for others. 

And if you feel strongly about it, you can try and get that changed. Put together a program to get kids in churches to spend time working a garden at their church property for folks to get free vegies. Figure out how to do so without violating the laws. Take action.

The food that makes it to my mouth is not mine?

Good idea.

The route of action is difficult and it will only become more difficult.

Consider the farmer...

A farmer produces more than he can consume for just himself.

The government eats much but produces nothing in food.

I see where you are coming from. Can you see the waterfall ahead?

Government causes shortages (scarcity drives prices up on basics) so we must beg them for more of this dwindling abundance.

If they want the land they will call war.

Edited by Dan_79

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

27 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

The food that makes it to my mouth is not mine?

A farmer produces more than he can consume for just himself.

The government eats much but produces nothing in food.

I see where you are coming from.

Government causes shortages (scarcity drives prices up on basics) so we must beg them for more of this dwindling abundance.

In your posts, you were speaking against food banks for wasting land and not growing food for the food banks and homeless. Now you state its for yourself. 

You do not see where I am coming from. The last thing I want is the govt telling me how to grow food for myself. That isnt the topic of the thread or your initial posts here. Realistically if its for others in any organization, there are regulations that have to be met. 

• Thumbs Up 1