• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Really. We all even me, talk about the homeless like it is "them people over there':emot-poke:      But you know. The reality for a lot of working people is they could be just one missed paycheck away from being one of them homeless people over there.  Just one unexpected thing happen to you and everything you have. Everything you work for can be gone! Then there you are. Part of them homeless people over there. That is how it can happen. 

And you know why I have such peace of mind .    cause no matter what I lose or suffer,   THE LORD has me .   And I will be fine with or without a job.

I believe we should work,  but I also know a time is coming when most of us wont be able .  Their is about to be a whole lot more jobless folks .

THE MORE PC , the more laws ,  and soon enough society IS NOT going to hire Fundamental Christians , the TRUE ONES .  oh the false ones will be fine

as they bake for gays and hug everything .   but those of us who wont conform to this pc all inclusive mindset ,    CAST OUT .

Do you remember how I opened this remark .  Go reread it .   NO WORRY , NO FEAR ,    GOD HAS US ,  and YES in shorter time than most realize the world over

will hate with fiercness the true lambs .    Oh well,  if I die ,  present with the LORD ,  if I live , STILL I am the LORDS .  no fear of loss, no fear of suffering

no fear of death .    A true christain HAS HOPE , because THEY HAVE CHRIST and come what may matters not .  their is no fear of loss nor desire of gain either . THEY HAVE CHRIST SISTER

so their JOY IS FULL NO MATTER WHAT .     YEAH ,   and on that note,   You all know what TIME IT IS........................OH YEAH,  LORD PRAISING TIME .     LORD PRASING TIME .

I say again LORD PRAISING TIME .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,301
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

19 hours ago, Dan_79 said:

I visited a church that houses a foodbank on its premises. These people helped a great few families.

What I didn't understand was why this one individual church had all of this vacant land around it, land that was arrable that could be used to grow food coming direct from God to the hungry?

I attended so I could ask why they were the only thing in the way of that land being used and that having a foodbank on their premises was a direct show of human need in that area and guess what I got fobbed off, but not after my idea was praised as worthy (?) 

The fig tree?

That land I calculated could feed multiple families who are landless, could be used to educate both young and old, become a place to go and meet likeminded people etc

That land is growing grass with not even animals on it.

It is very sad ?

I guess tins trump fresh in their eyes and the supermarkets (who keep 90% of the church alive) always got payment for the foodstuffs first.

(the church got the local praise, the supermarket got some profit and the government took its cut in taxes....all the main parties were kept happy first and foremost).

I could never understand how such a wasteful enterprise could have the nerve to put the foodbank donation boxes on that side of the tills.

Good idea, Dan, about the growing of food in vacant plots of land.   Of course, you need the permission of the owners of the land, but I've heard of this being done several times.

Usually, the poor families will be allowed to each farm a small plot of their own.   The needy families are really grateful for the opportunity.  They care for their gardens and then harvest their crops.

Oh, about the supermarkets...here in Los Angeles I understand the markets donate the food that will soon be too old to sell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
15 hours ago, Dan_79 said:

That sounds like an authoritarian arguement.

Needing to get permission from the government to do what God has already outlined in the ordinances to do with food and how to come by it. The Church has land and if they honestly have to ask or run it past the government to get permission to use what is already theirs then I would be fighting an already lost cause. 

The government does not create anything (it takes and keeps/ steals land and covets it) 

God created the land, the people on it, the seeds in their pockets.....the metal prongs of the fork and the wooden handles of the spade.

Rules and regs deny you of what was created for you to use, to live, its promised as abundance.

The founding fathers are turning in their graves...they never asked permission..they left for pastures green and justified in doing so.

Common sense has been regulated.

No, it is actually a good thing. It protects the church from liability lawsuits if someone gets sick and the sickness can be linked to tainted food that came from their premises.  Not all regulations are a bad thing.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

42 minutes ago, Debp said:

Good idea, Dan, about the growing of food in vacant plots of land.   Of course, you need the permission of the owners of the land, but I've heard of this being done several times.

Usually, the poor families will be allowed to each farm a small plot of their own.   The needy families are really grateful for the opportunity.  They care for their gardens and then harvest their crops.

Oh, about the supermarkets...here in Los Angeles I understand the markets donate the food that will soon be too old to sell.

Thanks for your kind words.

I have heard of this over the pond here innthe UK,

We have similar government rules that make supermarkets sell stuff close to "end of date" more cheaply ( yellow label) and was born out of the public learning just how much edible food is thrown away that the supermarkets dispose of annually and was dicovered by freedom of information request (the new rules only serve to make the supermarket look good and give a show and to hide the fact that there would be no one hungry if this food was redistributed to a shelter where the hungry could use it).

The food bank stuff needs to be "bought" first by the customer at "retail" price before it can be donated (that means tax and profit come first).

And the foodbank has a list of what they tell you they will accept! (I wont go into that....lol)

But this is all in the UK.

The churches should be serving the needy in their congregations with the land anyway, otherwise they lose answer for why they need it at all or for what purpose is it a help to anyone just as a custodial. 

Edited by Dan_79

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it is actually a good thing. It protects the church from liability lawsuits if someone gets sick and the sickness can be linked to tainted food that came from their premises.  Not all regulations are a bad thing.

But the church is taking instruction from the government before taking commands from GOD (who gives all intructions for mans diet in the bible), that was my main point.

Not against regulations if they mirror the ordinances on food. I found that we are not allowed to exercise basic common sense often when we perhaps could do. And I totally agree with the law suit thing...totally agree which is only possible when the church is in the governments pocket as explained.

If the food was fresh from around the church and needed it wouldnt have time to sit in a distribution warehouse for 18 months gathering dust or be allowed to go off at all.

Common sense on what you can or cannot store dictates this.

No need for expensive fridges or freezers as everything you eat would be in season (just like the ordinances in the bible dictate) and give you peak nourishment. That is before we even touch on livestock on such land (eggs milk meat...)

What man has to store can be done using a natural fridge which is using the stable temperature of below ground and is free.

Edited by Dan_79

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

But the church is taking instruction from the government before taking commands from GOD (who gives all intructions for mans diet in the bible), that was my main point.

No, man is obeying the lawful and reasonable requirements set by government. It's in obedience to Rom. 13:1-7. 

Not against regulations if they mirror the ordinances on food. I found that we are not allowed to exercise basic common sense often when we perhaps could do. And I totally agree with the law suit thing...totally agree which is only possible when the church is in the governments pocket as explained.

If the food was fresh from around the church and needed it wouodnt have time to sit in a disribution warehouse for 18 months or be allowed to go off at all. Common sense on what you can or cannot store dictates this.

No need for expensive fridges or freezers as everything you eat would be in season (just like the ordinances in the bible dictate) and give you peak nourishment. That is before we even touch on livestock on such land (eggs milk meat...)

Churches have to follow the same rules everyone else does if they want to feed the needy.   It is a small price to pay to follow regulations are right and reasonable. 

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, man is obeying the lawful and reasonable requirements set by government. It's in obedience to Rom. 13:1-7. 

Churches have to follow the same rules everyone else does if they want to feed the needy.   It is a small price to pay to follow regulations are right and reasonable. 

You are clinging onto one passage of the bible written by Paul.

The church is to serve GOD only!!! 

Again.... if the founding fathers took your advice...

they would of submitted themselves to the government of England...

What governance did the founding fathers of the USA escape from to build the "once" most powerful civilized nation on the planet?

Was it the same government you state in Rom 13:1-7

(lawful and reasonable)

?

Edited by Dan_79

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

You are clinging onto one passage of the bible written by Paul.

I am citing the Word of God given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit

The church is to serve GOD only!!! 

And God commands us in His word to submit to the earthly government in what is right and reasonable.  So if you are serving God, then you will obey Him.

Again.... if the founding fathers took your advice...

they would of submitted themselves to the government of England...

Wrong.   They were fighting for independence from cruel tyranny and we are not called to submit to that.

The american settlers knew that any government would eventually take its own course.. The American government did not seek to go where it left off prior to escape. They went all the way back to GOD.

Man cannot obey two masters. (He will love one and despise the other)

That is a question of loyalty.

Better to check those breaks are working my brother, I beg to differ the same independance from such thought that gives tribute to government as that above God. To say it is God itself.

That is a sin to great for my heart. Much love to you shiloh

Back to the homeless?

Edited by Dan_79

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Dan_79 said:

The american settlers knew that any government would eventually take its own course.. The American government did not seek to go where it left off prior to escape. They went all the way back to GOD.

Man cannot obey two masters. (He will love one and despise the other)

That is a question of loyalty.

Better to check those breaks are working my brother, I beg to differ the same independance from such thought that gives tribute to government as that above God. To say it is God itself.

That is a sin to great for my heart. Much love to you shiloh

Back to the homeless?

If you are loyal to God, then you will obey Him when He tells you to submit to the earthly government in what is right and reasonable.   You have a real problem, because you really don't know what you're talking about.   And you are essentially pitting your own reasoning against the commandment of God.  The sin is your rebellion against God.