in terms of spiritual praying aka praying in the spirit of is tongues, what has personally helped you?  Usually for me to get "into" it I use a worship song but what works for you?

Posted (edited)

Tyler 22,

Spiritual Gifts are not an emotional exercise that you "get into", like some sort of mindless zombie trance you can practice and evolve.

Also, there is no such thing as "the spirit of tongues".

And even tho you have not asked for my advice, im going to give you some.

Listen........Whatever church, book, study guide, Pastor, or believer, has led you into this fleshy and  emotional rabbit trail of nothing........You need to get away from it.

You need........to get away from it.

It will waste more of your time, and 20+yrs from now, you'll still not be doing anything for God.

<B><

Edited by Behold
  • Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 2

6 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

in terms of spiritual praying aka praying in the spirit of is tongues, what has personally helped you?  Usually for me to get "into" it I use a worship song but what works for you?

Fasting. The less I eat, the more I pray and vice versa. When the flesh is brought under, the spirit rises to ascendancy, and one starts praying in tongues naturally without even being conscious of it. It also happens a lot without fasting, of course, but as far as being able to switch into anointed tongues during prayer normally, it usually takes an extended time of praying with my mind, anywhere between 20-40 minutes usually.

Worship does indeed facilitate it for some, btw. Just depends on the person, and how quickly they can enter into true worship.

If you are baptized in the Holy Ghost, it really comes natural to pray in tongues, especially if you are praising God at the time.  I found myself praising in tongues while watching a gospel concert on YouTube yesterday.  Paul said to pray in the Spirit and with the understanding.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

On 5/1/2018 at 8:40 AM, Tyler22 said:

Tongues are given when the spirit chooses to give a sign to new believers. So if someone sees glossolalia and it means something to the believer, then its significant. Otherwise, its not significant and isn't something you can simply conjure up on your own.

Tongues comes out when the burden is unbearable and the Holy Spirit take over to pray to God, thank you Jesus HalleluYah Amen.