• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 minutes ago, Wade8888 said:

"Worthy" is the key word where you are stumbling.

I am not "worthy" of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit nor Salvation, and neither are you. So long as you keep trying to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit based on "Worthiness" you will fail to be filled properly. Isaiah said "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags (It really says "menstrous cloth").

None of us "deserve" the Holy Spirit. 

As I said on the other thread, all you need to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is:

1) Be born again.

2) Pray to the Father in the name of Jesus to give you the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

3) Open your mouth, by faith, and speak the syllables that the Holy Spirit puts there. The first time is the hardest time, but then it gets easier.

If God is doing it … why is it harder then easy?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I sing in tongues all the time, especially if I'm at church and don't know the words to the song, I sing along in Tongues until I learn the words. I also sing in tongues while I'm driving for work.

I typed my "tongues" into Google Translate one time about 10 years ago, and found that I was speaking a combination of Greek and Hawaiian. However, my "tongues" since then has become more advanced, and I probably no longer speak in the same dialect. I don't know why it's like that, but it just is.

9 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

If God is doing it … why is it harder then easy?

Everything is easy for God.

For us it takes faith, and faith doesn't come easily for us, even when we think we are acting in faith.

It's like the 100 meter hurdles. You can't learn to jump 10 hurdles until you learn to jump 1 hurdle.

It's a little bit different for everybody, because everybody is unique.

With me, I first received just two syllables, and only had two syllables for a long time, but now my prayer language probably consists of a couple dozen syllables.

Edited by Wade8888

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 minute ago, Wade8888 said:

Everything is easy for God.

For us it takes faith, and faith doesn't come easily for us, even when we think we are acting in faith.

It's like the 100 meter hurdles. You can't learn to jump 10 hurdles until you learn to jump 1 hurdle.

so then you are saying it is you in the effort of faith doing it?

8 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

so then you are saying it is you in the effort of faith doing it?

It is a gift, but once you have a gift it is yours to do with as you please.

Speaking the first time is like opening the packaging of the gift, then once you open the package you have the full benefits and it comes easier. It is no different than learning English for the first time, you just don't actively remember every time you learned a new word or syllable in English, but you worked at it until it became easy. It is the same way with "tongues".

Just now, Wade8888 said:

It is a gift, but once you have a gift it is yours to do with as you please.

Speaking the first time is like opening the packaging of the gift, then once you open the package you have the full benefits and it comes easier. It is no different than learning English for the first time, you just don't actively remember every time you learned a new word or syllable in English, but you worked at it until it became easy. It is the same way with "tongues".

Where do you find this? I don't see it at Pentecost... I don't see it in miracles performed... :noidea: 

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

Where do you find this? I don't see it at Pentecost... I don't see it in miracles performed... :noidea: 

In the Book of Acts, the Miracles actually came BEFORE Faith. The Gifts of Miracles is actually taught incorrectly in church.,

Miracles produce faith in the observer (Acts). You can do a study in the Book of Acts, and Miracles always come before Belief.

That is how my personal experience happened, and it is what I have observed when watching others who are "Baptized in the Holy Spirit".

When I first used Google Translate on my "Tongues" it was Greek and Hawaiian, and all I was saying was "God is Great" and "Praise God".

I am saying something more advanced than that now when I pray in tongues, but I don't know why it works that way. I have not tried using Google Translate on the tongues since then.

At Pentecost, there were a 120 people in the Upper Room, and the context shows they were all speaking one or more languages each. They were heard by foreigners who understood the languages of the "tongues" and marvelled they were all praising God. So my experience is the same as the day of Pentecost, as my tongue does very little besides praise God.

11 minutes ago, Wade8888 said:

In the Book of Acts, the Miracles actually came BEFORE Faith. The Gifts of Miracles is actually taught incorrectly in church.,

Miracles produce faith in the observer (Acts). You can do a study in the Book of Acts, and Miracles always come before Belief.

That is how my personal experience happened, and it is what I have observed when watching others who are "Baptized in the Holy Spirit".

When I first used Google Translate on my "Tongues" it was Greek and Hawaiian, and all I was saying was "God is Great" and "Praise God".

I am saying something more advanced than that now when I pray in tongues, but I don't know why it works that way. I have not tried using Google Translate on the tongues since then.

At Pentecost, there were a 120 people in the Upper Room, and the context shows they were all speaking one or more languages each. They were heard by foreigners who understood the languages of the "tongues" and marvelled they were all praising God. So my experience is the same as the day of Pentecost, as my tongue does very little besides praise God.

so you know what your saying?

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

so you know what your saying?

Not exactly, but through a combination of experience and spiritual gifts I recognize some of the words of my tongue. For example, the word "Dia" in my tongue is for "Deity" or "God", and it usually appears at the end of a complete sentence or phrase of my tongue.

I have exercised the "Gift of Interpretation" exactly one time in the past, but I am wary of doing so, because tongues plus interpretation, when done properly, is equal to prophecy (According to Paul in 1 Corinthians). I am wary of "interpretation" because I have caught people making mistakes in interpretation before in the past.

If you try to interpret it through the "flesh" you will fail, and this is in danger of being "false prophecy".

God does not force you to speak, but you MAY be lead by God to speak on some occasion or another. Just don't be like Simon the Sorcerer, don't speak to be seen of men or make money or whatever....do it to be hopefully edifying one or more individuals within listening range, and again here I speak of the "Gift of Interpretation" combined with the "Gift of Tongues", which there is more than one "Gift of Tongues". There is the prayer language you recieve when Baptized in the Holy Spirit, and then there is the "Gift of Tongues" which you receive, which when translated is a prophecy from God.

Personally, I prefer direct prophecy.

An example of a direct prophecy just happened to me at church this morning....God spoke to me while I was listening to the praise and worship leaders singing, and He said, "YOU ARE A BUDDING ROD, BUT I WILL INCREASE YOU."

This prophecy from God to myself is consistent with Jesus and John's teaching of the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I have experienced a terrible backsliding in which I forsook the knowledge of Jesus, and for this I will be punished, but God did not let me fall completely away. This is why He calls me a "Budding Rod": I was as good as dead, but he has restored me to right understanding of the Faith. Satan turned a certain passage in the Old Testament against me, and I was confused by this temptation, and because of this I have harmed some people. For this I will give answer in the Resurrection, i am sure. For now, I will preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I will of course discuss spiritual Gifts.

With me, when God speaks to me by the Gift of Prophecy, he either speaks directly to my heart and mind, or he speaks very low and softly in one of my ears. Then, depending on the purpose of the prophecy, I can either speak it or write it as appropriate for others to hear and judge. This is how Tongues and Interpretation should work, the Voice of God speaks to the "interpreter" and tells them what to say.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Wade8888 said:

They spoke clearly and fluently, as native speakers of the language they talked to the foreigners, not baby words and a couple of syllables learned over a dozen years. I am just not buying this. Show me the scripture where it says every believer speaks in tongues, and if they dont, they are not baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Me, I can babble any nonsense into google translate and it comes up with something similar and identifies it as a language. Try it and see.

Edited by leah777
clarification