• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

When I say liars that includes people who say they will lend you an item, perhaps a tool, and never do. It also includes a local pharmacist (his store is literally across the street) who tells me he will have an item the next day but often doesn't. If he hadn't lied I'd go to another drug store, and the guy with the tool, if he didn't lie I'd start trying to buy it myself. I don't own a car so these simple things require long journeys using mass transit. I'd just rather always know the truth so then I can plan what to do. This is what makes me crazy, people who just won't tell the truth. I honestly think even if a gun was put to their head they'd still lie. They would assume, "he won't shoot me" so they'd lie anyway and if it wasn't a sin and a crime these people would have been dead long ago. [makes me understand why God killed the ancient Jews who kept worshiping other gods. I guess God had to prove He doesn't lie. When He told them they would surely die for burning incense to another god He had to prove it. Today's liars help me understand this]

I just really wish I didn't need anything from anyone, but God didn't create our world that way.

Then we have people who talk behind our backs and given time, make us have a bad reputation. I wonder if they realize that's breaking one of the 10 Commandments? Every time a person does that it's bearing false witness against your neighbor. The man I'm thinking of is thinks he's a pious Jew. He knows he's a big sinner but he thinks his only real sins are sexual ones. I know he talks behind others backs because he's told me many things of others he probably isn't sure of. I don't live in a little mid-western town but I live is a small isolated community of a mid sized suburban town. I thought it would be nice here, 15 yrs ago when I came here. I think I have to move and I also think God may be telling me to move. I'm not sure yet. But I don't know where to or how. Again, without a car I don't know how to go looking for another place, and if I find one I don't have money to pay movers. I surely need a lot of help from God. Even so, certain people could make it less hard if they just told the truth. I feel like a freak of nature because I almost never lie. I was always like this. I understand many people lie for many reasons and they often think they are being kind. I can see telling a person they look good when they ask. But if you know you're not dressed nicely why ask, I think that's foolish. So rather than lie I usually tell a person don't ask me, or I just smile. But all these phonies make me crazy. Of course, I'm not talking of people who are supposed to be saved. But I often wonder if even the supposedly saved people believe the Bible when it says liars won't get eternal life. That's heavy. Even unsaved people often think they're going to heaven, it could be their incessant lying will keep them out more than anything else. But that's a topic for another thread.

Sorry for ranting, I have no where else to do it.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

People dont get to heaven or etrrnal life because they dont believe in christ death and resurrection. Any sin will keep you out of heaven. Its the blood of jesus that cleans all sin. I think people who talk about others are trying to cause discord more then anything. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

11 hours ago, Cletus said:

Proverbs 26:20  Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

psalms 101:5  Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.

I hate lies too, so much that it makes me want to cut out the tongue that told it.  Not going to do that, just thats how they make me feel.  all you can do is speak truth to them (in the right tone of heart) and pray for them.  2 tim 2:16 tells us to shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.  and thats really how it is with all sin.  a little bit left unchecked gets to be a big problem.  in proverbs 19:5 it tells us that A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.

the little bit the lies told to you inconvenience you, thats not even a drop in a bucket compared to what is waiting for them if they do not turn to Jesus.  its hard to keep that in mind... in the heat of the moment.

I actually care about these people and I know they may pay a much higher price for their words than they imagine. So I try to warn them which only makes them lie about more. This has been going on for yrs and I'm afraid the time has come that I have to leave this area. I just don't know how I'm going to accomplish it. I'm just hoping if this is God's will then He will show me how to do it. Because with no car and needing a walker to go more than 100 ft, I feel like I need help. But at this point all these liars have sullied my reputation to the point where I doubt anyone is going to help me. My life wasn't always like this. In fact I was known as a helper. I used to help many people. Others chided me for doing it but I knew it was right. I hate to think the chiders were right.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When you start to take your eyes of the eternal promises and place them upon the immediacy of the now... you have effectively let that which passes away be your overall influence. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 116 has this lament that i remembered, which is a similar lament of how the world is:

I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.
I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
I said in my haste, All men are liars.
What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me?

21 hours ago, JTC said:

I just really wish I didn't need anything from anyone, but God didn't create our world that way.

But I will say beware of this mentality, when you need/demand things outs of people that sets you up for disappointment. We have to expect that the people of this world will act as if they were of the world, because most of them are, when you walk into a lions den you are going to get mauled, it's just the nature of the creature. 

We are indeed a fallen race, expect disappointment. The Old Testament was just a massive series of God's disappointment with humanity and then Israelites. Just be content in that you're one of the few that he called out to, you are one of the ones that will escape this fallen world, and as Christians we're supposed to expect that this world will hate us, we have to anticipate it and take it with grace just as Christ did. 

I hope you can do it! Remember to pray for patience constantly! Never cease to pray, interweave it with your thought-patterns so that you don't get caught in any moments of passion. Patience is such an incredibly underrated and awesome virtue.