Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

Is Christ divided? Can we have salvation without santifcation? The Gospel is good news for man. What is that good news? “That the seed of the women shall bruise the serpents head”   Meaning, a undoing of the fall of Adam. And how is that to be done? By replacing the Fallen Creation with the New Creation. All that this involves, is the Good News (Gospel) of Jesus Christ. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, brakelite said:

For someone with so much experience on this forum, you seem to have great trouble reading. How can you possibly equate my points on Christ's ministry in heaven as our high priest with our works?

I am not doing that.

Where in all my post did I mention works?

When you mentioned sanctification. 

Prove to me from the scriptures that the atonement was accomplished on the cross... or that the atonement that out high priest is now officiating on our behalf isn't necessary. 

I didn't claim either one.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not doing that.

When you mentioned sanctification. 

I didn't claim either one.  

Okay, so how can you claim salvation without atonement?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, brakelite said:

Okay, so how can you claim salvation without atonement?

I'm not.  How about you stop trying to refute arguments I never raised?  Think you can manage that?

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Not me said:

Is Christ divided? Can we have salvation without santifcation? The Gospel is good news for man. What is that good news? “That the seed of the women shall bruise the serpents head”   Meaning, a undoing of the fall of Adam. And how is that to be done? By replacing the Fallen Creation with the New Creation. All that this involves, is the Good News (Gospel) of Jesus Christ. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Sanctification is the process that begins AFTER a person is saved.  It is the process through which we are conformed into the image of Christ until the day we die.   Sanctification does not get us saved and it does not keep us saved, but it reveals that we are saved. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I'm not.  How about you stop trying to refute arguments I never raised?  Think you can manage that?

Making a sinner one with Christ... ATONEMENT... Or sanctification, is not the fruit of being saved. Righteousness is the fruit of being sanctified. I agree that sanctification is a life long process, but that is what the atonement is all about. Cleansing the soul temple of all defilement. If the High Priest in the OT had not bothered to take the blood into the sanctuary on the day of atonement  what do you think would have been God's response? How could Israel have celebrated the feast of tabernacles without Yom Kippur?

By suggesting sanctification as unnecessary to salvation, you are implying the ministry of the priest in the sanctuary as unnecessary,  because all the work of the priests in the sanctuary are integral to the final work on the DoA. None is optional, neither the work in us that accrues as a result of it.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

The simple,true Gospel of Paul, given to him by Jesus can be found in 1cor15:1-4. We are to believe Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead.That is the Gospel.Nothing else.People That unknowingly show they have not been good students of the Word, see or hear something good in th Bible and automatically think...duh...that must be the Gospel because it sounds good.The actual Gospel is specific and if added to it is a “perverted” Gospel  and if you preach it you are “ accursed”—— damned to Hell.Pretty serious stuff.You need to study the Bible more carefully.Here is a good start.....google this—-Harry Ironside Gospel.

e
King James Bible
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You are confusing the Gospel with the process of sanctification.   Nothing you said above is actually part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.   What you are describing is what comes after the Gospel, the fruit of a sanctified life. 

There is no "second half" of the Gospel. 

The word “gospel” in the Greek is euangelion. It simply means “good news”. We have made it a catch phrase to sum up what we know as the good news, that Jesus died for our sins. And this is true. But in truth, the good news... the gospel.... is all of the new covenant, from justification, through sanctification all the way to glorification. It comes as a package deal. 

Like Israel, we too have escaped the hand of our oppressor. They were slaves to  their pharaoh, we were slaves to Satan. Israel then spent forty years in the wilderness, a journey that should have taken a month. Why? They refused to believe God would cause them to triumph over the giants and armies that had to be driven out of the possession God had already given them, the land of promise. And as a result, they  died in that wilderness. Oh, they were God’s children. He kept them alive. But good news? I don’t think anyone would consider wearing the same clothes, eating the same food, and wandering in circles in the hot sun every single day for forty years to be “good news.”

And guess what? We too have stalled in our own journey. Jesus died to forgive us, yes, but did He then back off, leave us pretty much to ourselves, tell us to be good till He comes back, and that the longer the clock ticked, the holier we would be? Isn’t that pretty much the sum of the gospel we currently share? Heck, no wonder people are not beating the door down to get what we got. Can you blame them? 

You say sanctification is not part of the good news. The truth is, we are wrong.  We see it as simply a time process. Time does not sanctify. Jesus does. IN us. Here is our definition:

Live long enough, and God will change us, free us ( not all the way, of course, that is impossible) and make us fully sanctified, set apart, holy children (well, somewhat, because after all, no one is perfect.) There is truly nothing we need to do, nothing we actually can do, because that would be work and God is the one who sanctifies

Can I ask a simple question? Do we not see what is plainly in front of us? Are we simply blind? If what we think was actually true, where are all the holy saints who have walked this way for decades? We have bought into a lie and it has brought us to a place where the world laughs at our hypocrisy, while we walk on, ready for another lap in the same clothes we started the journey in, around and around our own wilderness of unbelief. 

And why is this? Why do we still struggle with the same sins year after year, never sniffing real victory? Why are our prayer lives such a one way street? Why are our lives so lacking in spiritual fruits, despite the passage of time.... MUCH time? 

It is simple. We have not seen that sanctification is a crucial part of the gospel.... God’s amazing good news to us. How do we escape this wilderness existence, where we are free from the penalty of our sins, but not actually free from the sins themselves? The same way the Israelites did. We finally choose to believe ALL of what God told us. 

And what did He tell... no, PROMISE.... us? 

He promised to cause us to walk obediently and to sanctify us wholly.... body, soul and Spirit. You see, He is the potter. We are the clay. We are not left to time to sanctify us because, whether we can admit it or not, it is clearly not happening.

He forgives and He also cleanses. But He cannot... will not... transform our old natures into new ones. He simply asks that we put off our old natures, nature’s He already has put to death, reckoning that our old natures really did die when He died. He asks that we put on our new natures.... yes, by faith..... and leave them on.

Trust me, when we humble ourselves, admit we are missing the mark, and cry out to Him to open our eyes to the truth of the WHOLE  gospel, we will finally discover what God's definition of the gospel is. GOOD NEWS!

Blessings, 

Gideon

• This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
42 minutes ago, Gideon said:

The word “gospel” in the Greek is euangelion. It simply means “good news”. We have made it a catch phrase to sum up what we know as the good news, that Jesus died for our sins. And this is true. But in truth, the good news... the gospel.... is all of the new covenant, from justification, through sanctification all the way to glorification. It comes as a package deal. 

I am sorry, but that is not true.   The Bible NEVER includes sanctification as part of the Gospel. 

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  (1Co 15:1-4)

There is no "gospel" of sanctification.  

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

15 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am sorry, but that is not true.   The Bible NEVER includes sanctification as part of the Gospel. 

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  (1Co 15:1-4)

There is no "gospel" of sanctification.  

It is not just a gospel of salvation, but is the gospel of the kingdom........John and Jesus both preaching repent, the kingdom of God is at hand......which is within/among us......and which necessarily involves His rule in our hearts.....which is what sanctification is all about.

• Thumbs Up 1