• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, Gideon said:

Brother, I think as was pointed out to you above, you are confusing two different people. If you see it as your duty to correct every single issue that you do not think meets your standard of doctrinal correctness, go for it. I have no issue with that. 

What I do take issue with is that instead of thinking the best and giving the benefit of the doubt, which is what love does, until proven otherwise, you start making accusations. They may be true, but in this particular case, they are false. Even after I clarified that I did not know him and he was not my “pard”, you simply assumed I was lying and proceeded on again. 

Walking with the Lord is more than correct doctrine. The Pharisees were sticklers for correct doctrine, but Jesus told them they were overlooking the more important parts of the law. Mercy was one of them. 

Gids 

The Pharisees were not sticklers for correct doctrine .  THEY were sticklers to their own doctrine which made void the doctrine of GOD.

Jesus made that so clear .     They falsey accused him of breaking Sabbath .   WHICH he did not .   THEY , the Pharisees may have been able to quoate doctrine

but they did not truly KNOW the doctrine .  if they had  , they would not have constantly falsey accused HE who actually FULLFILLED the law .

You and staying alive told me you all knew one another .    Not in person ,  but on the websites etc .

And I aint accusing You .  By watching you , however ,  I have noticed that while your view on holinesss is GOOD

you will then when asked for proof on a coming awakening , bring parables that tell of no such thing .  

While I do agree a heavy chastisement is coming and yeah some sure will repent .    Our focus should be as was the early church .

They focused on correcting now ,  not saying hey but some big end time awaking is coming . 

Do you realize how many in different groups ,  KNOWN false ones ,   are picking up that song and dance and  saying a big awakening is coming

a big move of the Holy ghost is coming to wake us up.  LOTS are Gideon .   WE have got to be careful .

The message should be on repentance now and stay focused on that .  We should also be warning  as did the early church

that a falling away is occurring and a strong delusion IS INDEED COMING .   The armour to resist this coming false move

we must preach .  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The Pharisees were not sticklers for correct doctrine .  THEY were sticklers to their own doctrine which made void the doctrine of GOD.

Jesus made that so clear .     They falsey accused him of breaking Sabbath .   WHICH he did not .   THEY , the Pharisees may have been able to quoate doctrine

but they did not truly KNOW the doctrine .  if they had  , they would not have constantly falsey accused HE who actually FULLFILLED the law .

You and staying alive told me you all knew one another .    Not in person ,  but on the websites etc .

And I aint accusing You .  By watching you , however ,  I have noticed that while your view on holinesss is GOOD

you will then when asked for proof on a coming awakening , bring parables that tell of no such thing .  

While I do agree a heavy chastisement is coming and yeah some sure will repent .    Our focus should be as was the early church .

They focused on correcting now ,  not saying hey but some big end time awaking is coming . 

Do you realize how many in different groups ,  KNOWN false ones ,   are picking up that song and dance and  saying a big awakening is coming

a big move of the Holy ghost is coming to wake us up.  LOTS are Gideon .   WE have got to be careful .

The message should be on repentance now and stay focused on that .  We should also be warning  as did the early church

that a falling away is occurring and a strong delusion IS INDEED COMING .   The armour to resist this coming false move

we must preach .  

I gotta say that I kinda chuckled to myself when I read those first few lines. They seem to be possibly oddly ironic.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Now you came after me , WHICH is fine ,

but your pard staying alive is wee bit off , wouldn't you say .   

Now I'm confused. Other than my apparently disagreeing with you, where am I "off"?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

we must preach .  

Brother, let me try to make this clear for you. There are two different posters, Stillalive and Finallyalive. They are not the same individual. I knew Finallyalive from another forum, not Stillalive. Again, you are running full steam ahead with your assumptions, and trying to connect dots that are not there.

As to the awakening that I believe is even now underway, albeit right at the beginning, does the fact that there is not one specific scripture mentioning this make it impossible, or false doctrine? I made a post that you may not have seen where I listed three or four specific scriptures that talk about a restoring of the church to its former glory. One actually uses the work “awaken”, not just for the tares but also the wheat. 

You have your mind made up and cannot even consider that there may be indeed a much needed awakening  of the church. Do you think we as His church are ready to meet the beidegroom in our current condition? I do not. 

We are split into 500 different bickering denominations, the divorce rate in the church is the same as that of the lost in the world, worldliness abounds, most lack any real meaningful burden for the lost, secret sins haunt many, the world looks on us as shallow hypocrites, and yet you do not think we need a true awakwening in these last days to the seriousness of our situation? It baffles me. 

I have no issue with you checking beliefs out, but  doing so in love and concern with patience and kindness is God’s clear will for us.

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, let me try to make this clear for you. There are two different posters, Stillalive and Finallyalive. They are not the same individual. I knew Finallyalive from another forum, not Stillalive. Again, you are running full steam ahead with your assumptions, and trying to connect dots that are not there.

As to the awakening that I believe is even now underway, albeit right at the beginning, does the fact that there is not one specific scripture mentioning this make it impossible, or false doctrine? I made a post that you may not have seen where I listed three or four specific scriptures that talk about a restoring of the church to its former glory. One actually uses the work “awaken”, not just for the tares but also the wheat. 

You have your mind made up and cannot even consider that there may be indeed a much needed awakening  of the church. Do you think we as His church are ready to meet the beidegroom in our current condition? I do not. 

We are split into 500 different bickering denominations, the divorce rate in the church is the same as that of the lost in the world, worldliness abounds, most lack any real meaningful burden for the lost, secret sins haunt many, the world looks on us as shallow hypocrites, and yet you do not think we need a true awakwening in these last days to the seriousness of our situation? It baffles me. 

I have no issue with you checking beliefs out, but  doing so in love and concern with patience and kindness is God’s clear will for us.

Blessings, 

Gideon

That's what it is .     I have been confusing still alive for finally alive .    

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

That's what it is .     I have been confusing still alive for finally alive .    

Yup, and it is ok. Their names were quite similar. No biggie. :)

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

23 hours ago, Gideon said:

The Laodecians were His children, but they were off..... way off. You seem to believe as some do that God sees us through His “ Jesus spectacles” as perfect, no matter how we are actually living. As evidenced by the Lord’s comment that they made Him sick and if they did not repent, He was going to spew them out of His mouth, that assumption is not true. He especially did not like their contentment to have reached a certain place, then planted their feet and decided they needed nothing else. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

I would like to apologize if I have lead anybody astray.If it “seems” that I believe in God seeing me through “the spectacles of Christ” because I simply believe in the Shed Blood Of Christ, my postings here must be amiss.Let me remove any doubt—- I am perfect in God’s sight because of my faith.Just like Abraham and the rest of his true Children.I believe Rom10:13—-“ anybody that asks to be saved WILL saved”.God’s word is at stake. The monkey is squarely on His back, to put it crudely.If he does not save me He is a liar.Not likely.

Poor God really got Himself in a jam when He made that promise,though. He just couldn’t look ahead and see  that there would in the future be all these churches that would make Him regret sticking His neck out.The Lao dicians had gone astray.......just like all the other churches.....and just like you and I.They were “lukewarm” and It was making God sick.Their wealth and comfort fooled them into thinking they must be doing things correctly.They were like many of our modern day churches......the #1 rule is “ don’t make waves”. Don’t speak out against Evolution ,Keep quiet about lousy versions of the Bible, don’t say anything about damnable traditions of the RCC, agree that all religions are really worshipping the same God and that He will ultimately gather us all together and bring us to Heaven , sending anybody to hell is too mean for a Loving God.That is Lukewarmness—- day anything to mollify the world lest they think we are too rigid and not “ loving”. It makes me sick to my stomach too.God is warning that this church and the others are going to be chastised unless they do something about the different errors God has pointed out. No different than He deals with all those He truly loves,for God chastises those that He loves.Hopefully the Laodicians got the message.Hopefully some of our current churches will also.

As far as “ planting my feet” and doing nothing,or being self-satisfied as you seem to infer......I am not even close to becoming “weary in well-doing”. I do things you have no idea about.One of the more important things I do is post in here warning baby Christians not to fall for false doctrines.......like two-part Gospels which is just the latest  version of the “perverted Gospel” Paul warns  about. I want Newbies to know that they can be assured of their salvation and attain the joyful, abundant life Christ shed His blood for.I heard a preacher state the other day that all the saved people in the New Testament KNEW they were saved.Why don’t you know it and rest in it?If my Salvation was based in any way upon “my” performance, I suppose I would be sweating it too. 1cor15:1-4....... add to it and go to Hell......sorry if I stepped on anybody’s toes.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

dying to ourselves means dying to our life of this world, recognising the joy of etenrity is far far greater....and our stae of mind is focused on that eternal joy which shapes how we live now...

Our source for joy is nothing in this world....but we have joy in makning his eternal love known while we are in this world....

so dying to ourselves is no a gloomy experience, it's a joyful one! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sal Robinson said:

dying to ourselves means dying to our life of this world, recognising the joy of etenrity is far far greater....and our stae of mind is focused on that eternal joy which shapes how we live now...

Our source for joy is nothing in this world....but we have joy in makning his eternal love known while we are in this world....

so dying to ourselves is no a gloomy experience, it's a joyful one! :)

Brother, these words are true indeed. Satan would have us believe that to give ourselves totally to the Lord is asking for misery. He will probably take away all we value and make us go be missionaries to Africa and live in a mud hut. But. When we finally understand that being totally His is where true joy is found, true peace is walked in, where love overwhelms us, even a mud hut sounds pretty darned appealing. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Followers:  15
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Brother, these words are true indeed. Satan would have us believe that to give ourselves totally to the Lord is asking for misery. He will probably take away all we value and make us go be missionaries to Africa and live in a mud hut. But. When we finally understand that being totally His is where true joy is found, true peace is walked in, where love overwhelms us, even a mud hut sounds pretty darned appealing. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

That is a good point Gideon, I think there are obstacles in the way sometimes, why it is difficult to lay one's life completely on the altar....there can be fears of various kinds, which is really the enemy lying to us, but I believe the Lord is able to help with things like that, as we continue to seek Him.