• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, angels4u said:

I do understand the reason for you guys wanting to leave very well :( please reconsider as we need people with a solid gospel message to this world now more then ever,Jesus is coming back soon and may He find us faithful to preach the gospel to a lost world ,why don't we start today to pray for people and see what God can do through His people? I love you Davida and our beautiful flower , girls we're children of the King and we have work to do,can we be a team  for God? To God be the glory ,great things he has done!

yes how are folk like me to progress if all the solid gospel folk jump ship? ive stepped back from stuff on the boards as a lot of stuff here is repetitive and at times newage and cultish focus and quite frankly at tmes trivial i can get this irl.

for any folk not long into being a Christian and also those folk that come here that are finding the churches dry and shallow and the conveyor belt (bloated sheep/feel good gospels) me being one of them.

its only by me coming here that i am starting to see just how in error things really are and how will folk like me ever get beyond the snare of the bells whistles and drums. it takes a while to unhook from this. but it seems the Lord has blessed me to persevere.

i still dont feel confident to do what i call the proper christian stuff and also there are some peeps on here who argue for argue sake imo and in a way can destroy a good thread.(not saying it was a good thread lol!) i had that happen on two of my threads, actually the same person twice used  it as a platform to have a go at someone. and so they were closed. cant work out if this was deliberate or  an habitual response. its very disrespectful and i was shocked at this behaviour and disappointed

Edited by existential mabel
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  2

Wow, Morning Glory, you will be missed! :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

20 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I guess I just didn't think this day would come but, now that it has, it makes me very unhappy.  I've been a regular poster on this site for nearly 12 years and seldom has a day gone by when I didn't spout some opinion here or rant about something.  Time has come for a change though.  This site no longer 'fits'.  Times change and so many are gone.  There are several of the old guard still here and I'm going to miss y'all.  I am not going to miss the rubbish I've been wading through  this past year though.  I may be back in the future, who knows?=Until then, keep the faith.:)

Guess I am rubbish. :huh:

Come to think of it that is  the second lady to say so in recent times. Hillary Rodham-Clinton said it too.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

For a while I was about ready to board that get-out-of-Dodge stagecoach myself. What stopped me is it seems the mods finally got rid of the cultists who seemed to dominate every thread on Worthy for a few months.

I guess if I could change anything, it would be somehow to make full-gospel people like me feel a little more welcome here, but really, that's more of a heart issue than a mod issue.

For now, I'm staying.

Edited by John Robinson
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, existential mabel said:

yes how are folk like me to progress if all the solid gospel folk jump ship? ive stepped back from stuff on the boards as a lot of stuff here is repetitive and at times newage and cultish focus and quite frankly at tmes trivial i can get this irl.

for any folk not long into being a Christian and also those folk that come here that are finding the churches dry and shallow and the conveyor belt (bloated sheep/feel good gospels) me being one of them.

its only by me coming here that i am starting to see just how in error things really are and how will folk like me ever get beyond the snare of the bells whistles and drums. it takes a while to unhook from this. but it seems the Lord has blessed me to persevere.

i still dont feel confident to do what i call the proper christian stuff and also there are some peeps on here who argue for argue sake imo and in a way can destroy a good thread.(not saying it was a good thread lol!) i had that happen on two of my threads, actually the same person twice used  it as a platform to have a go at someone. and so they were closed. cant work out if this was deliberate or  an habitual response. its very disrespectful and i was shocked at this behaviour and disappointed

Hi Mabel, I always enjoy reading your posts and know that your heart is very sincere,

I can  just sense it :) I believe if we lived closer we could become friends :)

I appreciate you very much!

God bless you, dear sister :)

I'm sure that now George is back he will have a close look on everything which is posted and where people are with their walk with the Lord, I know he wants all people to become saved and hear the gospel, and that is really our Christian duty isn't it? To preach the gospel to the lost before it's too late!

I'm not much for arguing for the sake of arguing, that is silly, it's not very Christ-like to be trying and to be rude, instead of building yourself up a person will be brought low as this is really all vain and puffiness :)

But at the same time, we have to stand firm at the truth and not to  go by teachings of men, the B-I-B_L-E is the book for me :)

• This is Worthy 1

12 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

For a while I was about ready to board that get-out-of-Dodge stagecoach myself. What stopped me is it seems the mods finally got rid of the cultists who seemed to dominate every thread on Worthy for a few months.

I guess if I could change anything, it would be somehow to make full-gospel people like me feel a little more welcome here, but really, that's more of a heart issue than a mod issue.

For now, I'm staying.

John ,George picked people from different denomination but they  all  born-again Christians, so the full gospel  teaching is not really a matter of Salvation :)

For now, I'm staying.

Praise the Lord, for He has made me glad!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

21 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I guess I just didn't think this day would come but, now that it has, it makes me very unhappy.  I've been a regular poster on this site for nearly 12 years and seldom has a day gone by when I didn't spout some opinion here or rant about something.  Time has come for a change though.  This site no longer 'fits'.  Times change and so many are gone.  There are several of the old guard still here and I'm going to miss y'all.  I am not going to miss the rubbish I've been wading through  this past year though.  I may be back in the future, who knows?=Until then, keep the faith.:)

Don't leave me sister .    you always been loved .   

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Laments there are plenty, solutions there is but one.

Jeremiah's Complaint

12 Righteous are you, O Lord,
    when I complain to you;
    yet I would plead my case before you.
Why does the way of the wicked prosper?
    Why do all who are treacherous thrive?
You plant them, and they take root;
    they grow and produce fruit;
you are near in their mouth
    and far from their heart.
But you, O Lord, know me;
    you see me, and test my heart toward you.
Pull them out like sheep for the slaughter,
    and set them apart for the day of slaughter.
How long will the land mourn
    and the grass of every field wither?
For the evil of those who dwell in it
    the beasts and the birds are swept away,
    because they said, “He will not see our latter end.”

The Lord Answers Jeremiah

“If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you,
    how will you compete with horses?
And if in a safe land you are so trusting,
    what will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?
For even your brothers and the house of your father,
    even they have dealt treacherously with you;
    they are in full cry after you;
do not believe them,
    though they speak friendly words to you.”

“I have forsaken my house;
    I have abandoned my heritage;
I have given the beloved of my soul
    into the hands of her enemies.
My heritage has become to me
    like a lion in the forest;
she has lifted up her voice against me;
    therefore I hate her.
Is my heritage to me like a hyena's lair?
    Are the birds of prey against her all around?
Go, assemble all the wild beasts;
    bring them to devour.
10 Many shepherds have destroyed my vineyard;
    they have trampled down my portion;
they have made my pleasant portion
    a desolate wilderness.
11 They have made it a desolation;
    desolate, it mourns to me.
The whole land is made desolate,
    but no man lays it to heart.
12 Upon all the bare heights in the desert
    destroyers have come,
for the sword of the Lord devours
    from one end of the land to the other;
    no flesh has peace.
13 They have sown wheat and have reaped thorns;
    they have tired themselves out but profit nothing.
They shall be ashamed of their harvests
    because of the fierce anger of the Lord.”

14 Thus says the Lord concerning all my evil neighbors who touch the heritage that I have given my people Israel to inherit: “Behold, I will pluck them up from their land, and I will pluck up the house of Judah from among them. And after I have plucked them up, I will again have compassion on them, and I will bring them again each to his heritage and each to his land. 16 And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, ‘As the Lord lives,’ even as they taught my people to swear by Baal, then they shall be built up in the midst of my people. 17 But if any nation will not listen, then I will utterly pluck it up and destroy it, declares the Lord.”

Yes indeed, if a few footmen are too much to race against to prosper the gospel of Jesus, what will one lamenting do when the horsemen come through the thrushes?

“If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you,
    how will you compete with horses?"

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

19 hours ago, angels4u said:

Hi Mabel, I always enjoy reading your posts and know that your heart is very sincere,

I can  just sense it :) I believe if we lived closer we could become friends :)

I appreciate you very much!

God bless you, dear sister :)

I'm sure that now George is back he will have a close look on everything which is posted and where people are with their walk with the Lord, I know he wants all people to become saved and hear the gospel, and that is really our Christian duty isn't it? To preach the gospel to the lost before it's too late!

I'm not much for arguing for the sake of arguing, that is silly, it's not very Christ-like to be trying and to be rude, instead of building yourself up a person will be brought low as this is really all vain and puffiness :)

But at the same time, we have to stand firm at the truth and not to  go by teachings of men, the B-I-B_L-E is the book for me :)

Hello Angels that’s very kind of you to say . MG thread caught me at a raw moment. Gee I am so in need of some good friends irl. But I have the  Lord!

I am still learning the bible and have much to learn. But I do know this much that very little in life has meaning or value apart from the bible

Basic

Instruction

Before

Leaving

Earth

So yeah in short the world is not perfect and this forum aint perfect and I most definitely aint perfect

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, existential mabel said:

Hello Angels that’s very kind of you to say . MG thread caught me at a raw moment. Gee I am so in need of some good friends irl. But I have the  Lord!

I am still learning the bible and have much to learn. But I do know this much that very little in life has meaning or value apart from the bible

Basic

Instruction

Before

Leaving

Earth

So yeah in short the world is not perfect and this forum aint perfect and I most definitely aint perfect

Love you sister,some sweet day when the trumpet sounds we will meet Jesus in the air and you and I will have that cup of tea?

• Thumbs Up 3