Scared and doubtful

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

OCD is attacking me for years. The worst form I have ever had was scrupulosity. It just made me believe that I might be the antichrist. My whole summer was destroyed because of that. Before september, I began having a doubt like "What if I actually am the antichrist and satan gave me some 'powers'?". Just tried to think about that and soon realized that when thinking about the fact that I could be the antichrist I am better at some things than ever before.

For example, at the chemistry class, our teacher asked us for a solution to a problem she had given to us. It was pretty hard and I was thinking "what if I'm going to 'activate' my powers and solve the problem?". And because I just wanted to check, well, felt a little bad, but I solved that problem. Not that I couldn't do it without them, but it was quite hard.

Now I'm just scared that satan actually gave me some powers or something and that's why I am succeeding so fast at some things. (I did succeed in the past too, but now it gets faster)

Is this something that has to do with my faith or just a terrible source of "motivation" and suggestion? What can I do? How do I know that my talents and intelligence and my ability to solve those problems come from God? How can I find another source of "motivation", if that's all in my head?

Help, please.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

9 minutes ago, mat007 said:

OCD is attacking me for years. The worst form I have ever had was scrupulosity. It just made me believe that I might be the antichrist. My whole summer was destroyed because of that. Before september, I began having a doubt like "What if I actually am the antichrist and satan gave me some 'powers'?". Just tried to think about that and soon realized that when thinking about the fact that I could be the antichrist I am better at some things than ever before.

For example, at the chemistry class, our teacher asked us for a solution to a problem she had given to us. It was pretty hard and I was thinking "what if I'm going to 'activate' my powers and solve the problem?". And because I just wanted to check, well, felt a little bad, but I solved that problem. Not that I couldn't do it without them, but it was quite hard.

Now I'm just scared that satan actually gave me some powers or something and that's why I am succeeding so fast at some things. (I did succeed in the past too, but now it gets faster)

Is this something that has to do with my faith or just a terrible source of "motivation" and suggestion? What can I do? How do I know that my talents and intelligence and my ability to solve those problems come from God? How can I find another source of "motivation", if that's all in my head?

Help, please.

Dont worry you are ok. Do not pay attention to these kind of thoughts. I do think you need to trust God more. If you worry too much it will stress you out. Keep thinking of Gods love for you. You are in his hands. He watches over you. Jesus is making a place for you. So when he comes you can be with him. We all have gifts from God. These are not powers but stuff we have a knack of doing. Dont stress over it. Are you keeping close to God ? Keep yourself in prayer and the word. Let God be your peace.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

Thanks. Made me feel better. Any different answers?

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, mat007 said:

I am glad brother. I am praying for you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, mat007 said:

Help, please.

This is a difficult situation to answer.....first and foremost confusion is not of God, neither is OCD...so what is really the issue is it the OCD or is it a spirit of deception....I truly do not believe you are the antichrist....the ability to use critical thinking to solve a problem is a skill that many wished they had but never achieve...so solving a problem through the use of critical thinking is a good thing....it is the design of God and what He intended for the brain....DO NOT FEAR....fear torments us and gets us to fall into all kinds of incorrect thinking.....Don't give satan the credit for your talents and intelligence...give God the Glory....the Bible tells us to seek wisdom, knowledge and understanding like for hid treasures...

I will be praying for you.....calm down, be at peace, and know that He is watching over you continually. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

14 hours ago, mat007 said:

Friend, when you start to get these types of thoughts, I would start to pray to the Lord for help immediately.   Your mind can't think on two things at one time, and also the Lord will help you and give you peace.   Learn to pray often when these thoughts come...I believe the Lord will heal you of this.

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.  Isaiah 26:3

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi mat007

Whenever anxiety tries to attack me, I try to say "I am refusing to accept these thoughts" and try to train my mind to think about Jesus instead.  It takes a lot of effort, but practicing this helps.  Also keep praising Jesus as much as you can.  Give Him the glory every time you can.  Try to train your mind to think about Jesus.  Learn scripture, meditate on it.  The Lord will help you.  Ask the Lord to help you to trust Him completely.  The more you actively immerse yourself in His Word, and pray to Him, the closer you will be to overcoming this problem.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure I don't have any "powers" because I have asked God several times to take everything that's not from Him away from me.

And I'm pretty sure He would have done that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Brother, you are not the Antichrist.  You do not fit the Biblical description of him.  Besides, the Antichrist won't be worried about offending God.  He will be very proud of it and flaunt it.  The mere fact that you stressed over it all summer proves that you are not him.

Satan was pleased that he got you to worrying about it.  That was his plan.  That's his plan with all of us.  He gets us distracted with things that are either not real, not true, won't come to pass, out of our control, or not of God and he pushes and pushes and pushes until we either believe it or the struggle won't leave our minds and leaves us in torment.

He plays hardball.  You are not the Antichrist. Satan has not given you powers.  Only the Holy Spirit can empower.  Demonic forces can work through the lost, but that is not the same as giving people power to do satanic things.

Scrupulosity is bad.  I've known others with it.  You have my prayers.

Edited by Jayne
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

So, there’s no way Satan could actually give me some powers just to opress me and to take me away from God?