Debp

Funny or Embarrassing Stories That Happened to You

I took my son out on the lake in one of those small plastic sailboats.  There was a storm coming, but the wind was wonderful! So I made the stupid decision to keep on sailing.  We were attempting to get back to our dock by zig zagging back.  I am watching the lightening and counting the time to the thunder to get a sense of how close the storm was.  Boy did I miscalculate! The wind died suddenly, the rain fell in a torrent, and I had to paddle like a mad man to the dock.  I told my son to jump off the boat as soon as I got close.  My whole family was standing on the dock yelling for us to hurry.  My son leapt for the dock just as a loud clap of thunder sounded.  My dad said that he made it from the dock to the cabin in a single step.  I was the object of family ire for the next hour or so.  I deserved it.  Later, we started laughing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

When our sons were in grade school they occasionally had  birthday celebrations at the roller skating rink.  That was in the 70s when in was fashionable for women to wear wigs.  Yup, I fell landing hard on my knee, with my wig landing 20 feet away.  When the guy skated up to be and asked if I was hurt, I told him "Only my dignity", and wouldn't even admit how bad my knee hurt.  

• Haha 2

My cat went to her tower and put her front paws up for a good scratch and sunk her claws in.  It sits on a polished wooden floor.  She lost traction in her two back feet and, feeling a bit stretched, did a Michael Jackson Moon walk trying to get back to the tower!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

My cat went to her tower and put her front paws up for a good scratch and sunk her claws in.  It sits on a polished wooden floor.  She lost traction in her two back feet and, feeling a bit stretched, did a Michael Jackson Moon walk trying to get back to the tower!

Cats are so funny when they lose their "cool".

In my "Korea Town" neighborhood, there are plans to build a homeless shelter.  So huge mobs of protesters have been on the news recently telling why this area shouldn't have a shelter.

So several days ago, I was heading for a burger place and saw a large mob of protesters across the street.   They must have been for the shelter as they were yelling things about housing being a human right.

Well, they crossed the street and fell into step right behind me!  They were right on my heels!   All shouting... I was glad the TV news wasn't covering their protest, or it would have looked like I was the leader!  😁

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2018 at 7:05 AM, Debp said:

Anyone brave enough to share some funny/embarrassing stories from your life?   I'll start it off...

I was walking down the street with a pastor friend, listening intently to what he was saying.    So I tripped on the sidewalk which was raised up a bit.  I actually went sailing through the air and then gently landed on my back under a tree!

I was very thankful to God I didn't get hurt....but it was embarrassing!

I was riding my bike (years ago), I've plenty of times ridden without having my hands on the handlebars, but this time I did have firm grip on them. The front tire hit a small pebble and I sailed over the bike and landed on the street. There were some minor contact point injuries but I dusted myself off and began to get back on the bike. But the handlebars had gone crooked, so my most embarrassing moment was having to walk the bike home.

• Haha 1

Anyone have some funny or embarrassing stories to tell?   As soon as I get one, I'll post it!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Debp said:

Anyone have some funny or embarrassing stories to tell?   As soon as I get one, I'll post it!

Where will you post it? Won't it aready be here in this thread? 

6 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Where will you post it? Won't it aready be here in this thread? 

I meant if I get something new that's funny happening to me.   I already posted a few funny stories in this topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Debp said:

I meant if I get something new that's funny happening to me.   I already posted a few funny stories in this topic.

I'm embarassed that I didn't take your meaning 😔

• Loved it! 1