GreyDestiny

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The problem with this world is that there needs to be a class of spiritual people that can adopt the fatherless/motherless. Not everyone that has children are mothers/fathers, this world is very broken because of that fact. It's a creation of life when someone who doesn't have children has the means to mentor someone who doesn't have a father/mother figure in their life, in which there are MANY, hence the world being in such a broken and sad state... This is why I think 1 Corinthians speaks so highly of the person that doesn't marry the virgin in favor for spiritual family of heaven, which in being childless, they can devote their entire life to it. For those that understand what a physical bond of blood is like, it's much harder to adopt someone as if they were blood, but those who don't have blood have no choice but to emphasize the spiritual.  

In that, we basically do what God did to Abraham in giving him spiritual children through Christ, and through Christ, we have the power to do the same to others. So it's right here that I tend to see why 1 Corinthians speaks so highly of remaining single, for we have a stronger assurance and ability to adopt the fatherless/motherless as our own through Christ. Whereas having physical children comes with the perils that they may end up falling into the ways of the world regardless, but if you adopt someone through Christ, you have the assurance that he brings, in that death is no true separation. In addition you can certainly adopt more of the fatherless/motherless than those whom are married can bear children, which brings to mind what Isaiah 54 says:

"Sing, barren woman,
    you who never bore a child;
burst into song, shout for joy,
    you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
    than of her who has a husband,”     

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, GreyDestiny said:

Many people detest the idea of having children someday. Many of these people, regardless of their desire to not have children, go out and about and engage in funny business anyway.

However, there is a growing movement (or movements) where people are basically celibate. No funny business, no dating, no holding hands, no marriage, you name it. The reasons are many. Some are caught up in the divisiveness between the sexes, some claim it as independence and freedom, some claiming to have no sexual desire whatsoever, the list goes on. 

What I am asking you is, do you think it's acceptable for a Christian to be the same way? Does a person have to get married and have children?

You seem to be describing different things..

1) Living a celibate single life :: This depends on what is motivating the individual to pursue this lifestyle..

2) Does a person have to get married and have children:: The Word of God says we should have no sexual relationships outside the bounds of marriage between a man and a woman..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

11 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I have acquired plenty of self-control regarding that; thanks to God. As for fasting, I remember I did it a few times only (officially).

But still I am living a very lonely life and I desire so much at least one close friend. But I need a miracle to change this in my life.

I would say just keep giving your life to Him, 4Ld. If we keep giving ourselves to His service, eventually the call of God on our life becomes so strong that we have no choice but to enter ministry of some kind, and with that we find the Lord starts providing us with others who will help us in that ministry; people who are of similar or compatible callings, and who are like kindred spirits with us.

What is self-control in this context?

I was referring to sexual self-control specifically, LoL. But there is also a type of control we need to keep over our emotional nature as well.

This is true. But in my case I believe I need human help.

It is so hard for me to interact with people in the real life that I feel I need people to help me.

I think this is indeed the case, and there is nothing wrong with that. All Christians need someone, and God never intended us to be alone, even if we are single. He intends for all of us to be a body together, and a family, so that everyone has their needs met. But again, you will find strong companionship in the Lord if you find your true calling and purpose, and begin pursuing it. Then the Lord can move you into relationships that are lasting and meaningful, and based on service to God. :thumbsup: 

I say all that because I was actually alone and lonely as a believer for many years, despite being married and despite having a lot of believers around me. But as I started entering my calling more, suddenly I was of more value to people, and since then I have developed many friends, and a few friendships with people who serve God with me side by side.

So just keep remaining faithful. The time will eventually come when He will provide you with such things.

• Praise God! 2