• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Willa said:

The churches that have active groups specifically for college age that have both social activities and Christ centered services are doing great.  People that age seek out a church that has things that challenge them as Christians and promote growth, so they may try another denomination.    Our young people finance their own mission trips to Africa and India and have learned to share their faith in community events like county fairs.  So they are prepared to go abroad and do so as well.  They serve as counselors in Christian camps, teach VBS and Sunday school classes   They may hold their Bible studies in coffee shops, a place that is less threatening to unbelievers.  Occasionally they attend Christian concerts as a group.  We also have singles groups for those over 25, and another for older singles.  

Many beat up on the church today because we have media that can highlight some bad practice and teachings. There are many churches that preaches the gospel, but is it the one that attendees want to hear.  When shopping, you go to the places you get the best quality you can afford, so when seeking out a place of worship, you test the spirits there if it is in accordance to what you know to be sound doctrines.   Many people also think or feel that the church should be tailor made to suite them and if not, then it is not a good place to be.  It is satan's job to get men to avoid the church steps and it is man's job to rebuke his attempts to dissuade his  plots.   

The church has many good values that promote a healthy child to adult nurturing.  There is a all out war to battle  for the hearts and minds of would be believers and believers and as it intensifies with the promotion of ungodly lifestyles with governments sanctioning laws to assist in those practices. Hardened sin is now being promoted as equality and the likes, and the future generations minds are being manipulated at a young age in the secular system.  The bible said these days would come.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Gary Lee,

Sorry! I am very saddened to read of the attack and murder of your AWANA friends in Christ Jesus and leaders in the wonderful ministry that teaches the young the Bible verse by verse, helping them to learn the armor of God and to use it fully.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

No one should expect public schools to teach the precepts of God, or even simple morals, as most know.

Pro_22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.  Is this true? I believe it is. God said it. God is Light!

It is the responsibility of parents for the training. That does not mean passing on the chore to the church or school. The foundation begins at home. And what the kids see their parents doing or not doing, is what is learned/caught. They're not stupid, and you cannot always fool them. You cannot tell them to do what I say, and not what I do. Each child eventually becomes responsible for their own life. But that does not negate the parents God breathed command to train them, regardless the outcome. I believe this is close to the top of priorities for Christian parents. The child is at the mercy of the parents. Good or bad. And the schools they send them to, the government schools, and you can only guess what they are teaching them. The chances are much better when Godly parents raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. And insure they are not indoctrinated into secular government training/brainwashing in public school. It is happening, don't keep your hands over your ears and eyes. Teach them at home, or find a Christian school. Move if you cannot find one, get on a budget if you cannot afford one. Learn to do without.  If you care about them. And pray over them daily. They are our responsibility. Not the churches!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1988

On 2018-05-06 at 2:30 PM, creativemechanic said:

Have any of you notices this occurring at your church? o churches in general? If so why do you think it happens?

model of church tt.jpg

Hi, 

I have definitely seen and experienced this. I myself am one of those who lost my focus on God and instead started partying hard etc. 

Personally, I left home to study at a university where the entire town is basically made up of students. Mostly people between the ages of 19 and 23, thousands of them. There are churches and it’s easy to get involved in the church community. But there are a lot of pubs, clubs etc. and making friends with the wrong group of people without being wise about it leads you to be more intrigued by the fleshly “fun” stuff of the world. 

I was a believer before I went there, I don’t believe I was born again, more like I followed a specific denomination but I didn’t have a relationship with Christ. One of my friends went through the same as I did, she however found a church and was lead back to God and I think she prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed for me. And I found my way back to God. Or should I rather say God plucked me out of the state I was in and placed me In His presence. 

In my culture, everything about sexual intimacy, alcohol or substance abuse etc is quite after a topic that’s not spoken about. Or when it is, it’s used to scare young people. I think young people have questions and curiousity about these things. I think when we create safe spaces for young people to ask the questions they have and to treat them with love and care, teaching them the Godly way about these things (which are wrong and right and when etc.) we stand a much higher chance that those young people would not go astray. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

No one should expect public schools to teach the precepts of God, or even simple morals, as most know.

Pro_22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.  Is this true? I believe it is. God said it. God is Light!

It is the responsibility of parents for the training. That does not mean passing on the chore to the church or school. The foundation begins at home. And what the kids see their parents doing or not doing, is what is learned/caught. They're not stupid, and you cannot always fool them. You cannot tell them to do what I say, and not what I do. Each child eventually becomes responsible for their own life. But that does not negate the parents God breathed command to train them, regardless the outcome. I believe this is close to the top of priorities for Christian parents. The child is at the mercy of the parents. Good or bad. And the schools they send them to, the government schools, and you can only guess what they are teaching them. The chances are much better when Godly parents raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. And insure they are not indoctrinated into secular government training/brainwashing in public school. It is happening, don't keep your hands over your ears and eyes. Teach them at home, or find a Christian school. Move if you cannot find one, get on a budget if you cannot afford one. Learn to do without.  If you care about them. And pray over them daily. They are our responsibility. Not the churches!

Many years ago I gave my daughter her first Bible lesson.....Romans10:13...... really haven’t been able to improve on that

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Many years ago I gave my daughter her first Bible lesson.....Romans10:13...... really haven’t been able to improve on that

As a parent, the greatest gift, and well done, faithful steward.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

What is a "revolving door" church? I'm missing the analogy.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

What is a "revolving door" church? I'm missing the analogy.

The OP might have a different definition.. I will give you my definition..

The revolving door church phenomenon to me is people who have their own ideas of what God should be and what Jesus should be.. Their God is a construct in their own heads formed by their own personal philosophies.. These people will go religion shopping looking for a religion that most closely conforms to their idea of what God should be about.. So for then the doors of churches become like revolving doors because they will enter for a very short time untill they hear something being preached that does not conform to their idea of what should be being preached and so they leave that church sometimes they do not even last in that church for one sermon.. They then go onto the next denomination shopping to find the one that preaches what they want to hear. Or the church that has a service style that they think is cool.. They will often abandon a church for the most trivial of matters..

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Adstar said:

The OP might have a different definition.. I will give you my definition..

The revolving door church phenomenon to me is people who have their own ideas of what God should be and what Jesus should be.. Their God is a construct in their own heads formed by their own personal philosophies.. These people will go religion shopping looking for a religion that most closely conforms to their idea of what God should be about.. So for then the doors of churches become like revolving doors because they will enter for a very short time untill they hear something being preached that does not conform to their idea of what should be being preached and so they leave that church sometimes they do not even last in that church for one sermon.. They then go onto the next denomination shopping to find the one that preaches what they want to hear. Or the church that has a service style that they think is cool.. They will often abandon a church for the most trivial of matters..

Gotcha. I will say that I fit the description at the beginning of your paragraph, but I don't expect to agree with everything any church teaches, so I find one that "mostly" agrees and either completely agrees on the important stuff or is not dogmatic about it. It took me three churches when we moved to KY to find such a church.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

As a parent, the greatest gift, and well done, faithful steward.

Thank you for the kind words!

• Thanks 1