Spiritual gifts

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

anyone have the gift of "prophetic words of knowledge"?  received it today and am working on it.

Edited by Tyler22
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

9 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

anyone have the gift of "prophetic words of knowledge"?  received it today and am working on it.

I'm curious, Tyler. What makes you believe you have received it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Even Caiaphas prophetically said that it was good that the one should die for the many.

The Lord can use anybody's mouth if He requires it to be said.

Prophesy in the 'church' seems to have become a bit of a problem - just check out YouTube... so many of them there and also the best-seller racks of end day prophetic writings seems to have exploded into a get-rich-quick phenomenon.

I have seen that exhortation in the assemblies has largely ceased where I have attended. And as far as future prophesy is concerned - take your pick. There is one to suit just about anyone's taste!

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Even Caiaphas prophetically said that it was good that the one should die for the many.

Prophesy in the 'church' seems to have become a bit of a problem - just check out YouTube... so many of them there and also the best-seller racks of end day prophetic writings seems to have exploded into a get-rich-quick phenomenon.

I have seen that exhortation in the assemblies has largely ceased where I have attended. And as far as future prophesy is concerned - take your pick. There is one to suit just about anyone's taste!

I used to really get into that stuff when I first became a Christian and for the first 20 years or so. I now more focus on my daily walk and strongly assume the information I learned will allow me to "recognize the signs".

I have little doubt that this age is coming to a close. I'm talking years, weeks or months, not decades.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I believe the person who is going to be used must believe and be properly instructed and prepared. Otherwise the person wouldn't recognize and/or have the faith to do it.

Then I do not believe it can be anyone... Surely, it can be anyone who is prepared and believe.

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Prophesy in the 'church' seems to have become a bit of a problem

Because they are not doing so in faith; or they are prophesying to unbelievers.

"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them:
if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith;" - Romans 12:6

And prophesy is for those who believe. I can prophesy to you with all required faith but if you do not believe it then it is just going to be a failure - unless it is of the kind that does not depend on your faith.

"...but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe." - 1 Corinthians 14:22

Just like when Jesus told Peter he who deny Him three times, Peter did not believe it but what was told to him was truth then it prevailed - which is a proof the revelation came from God.

"For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth." - 2 Corinthians 13:8

As an example, pick a prophecy out of the bible, it can be any... Now go and do not believe it, will it be fulfilled in your life?! No, because it is for those who believe.

But if you believe it, then it surely is going to happen. And if it happened it means it is truth, and truth always comes from God.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from
the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." - James 1:17

The person who prophesy must always do so in faith, otherwise his/her conscience will start condemning him.

"But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith;
            for whatever is not from faith is sin." - Romans 14:23

And what he/she says must be based on a revelation that comes in some way or knowledge (must be truth), it is not something that comes from nowhere or the carnal mind.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

A word of knowledge is given by revelation and is not something we learned by man's efforts.  Prophecy is given for the strengthening and encouraging of the church.  It rarely foretells the future.

1Co 14:3  On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,805
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Why I am so thankful for Scripture for by it I have to check all this word of knowledge stuff to see if it is indeed written therein :happyhappy: 

• Thumbs Up 1